What's new

Question - Quan Chi One of the most unnecessary character changes ever

Error404

Noob
He is no longer block infinited by anyone , why can't your idiotic sub-forum get this ? I hope the eventual hot fix for the bugs takes out the 6 frame d1 because thats just retarded .

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I looked through the patch notes and I'm not sure what this damage buff is, unless you're talking about Warlock?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Ive fulfilled my duties as the Quanfather.

No father should EVER bury his son, and I will NEVER EVER again watch one of my faithful quan children be helplessly beat to death with no options. I did what any good father would do. I went to the source, I explained my case, and followed it up with good evidence. Now not ONLY does quan have no Bad MUs, but his previous bad MUS are nerfed to his favour since he also has a counter pick in warlock. There is no Karma here. Just madness. 4 years of playing a character when all you hear is "oh rune trap is so broken" can do crazy things to a man.

I EARNED THIS
lol who did you speak to?

Everyone here is acting like quan is neutral or + on block after hes d1. there are few characters who have stronger offense than quan And having not one of the worst but THE worst defense in the game justifies a 6 frames poke. I dont know about any damage buff yall talking about, all they did was beeing able to convert into rune with demon spark.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Wow just wow , idk what to say ... this thread is so stupid

Char gets nerfed - ppl go on tym and cry about it

Now char gets small buff and instead of being happy ppl go on tym and cry too that it was unnecessary and he is too good now ( he isnt btw )

PLEASE stfu for once and enjoy the game

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Wow. He actually got it.

GG downplayers, you won the patch. Keep mocking the people that actually wanted a balanced game, really shows what a great community this is.

PS: if you lose at tournaments now, you're gonna look really silly

edit: seems they already hotfixed it to 3 on hit, -9 on block.. might not be as bad as I thought considering they also "fixed" cancel strings. Still though, I hate seeing him buffed without addressing pseudo-unblockables and his other great tools too

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Can we now anti-air with spray? What exactly were her buffs besides the extra ticks?
The ticks do more damage up front now. Both her spray moves are faster on startup and (more importantly) do more damage. I dont think you can AA with spray but she has like the best uppercut in the game so she'll survive. They also got rid of the mashing armored move OS with her spray so its now going to be really hard to punish.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Jesus Christ you guys are a bunch of babies.

Oh no a 6 frame poke and slightly less negative other moves are going to totally ruin the game!! As if his d3 didn't already serve a very similar purpose. There's just so much Quan Chi being played, he's so broken and easy to win with at high level play!

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
So Quan's sword footsies have been NEUTERED, and instead we have a 6 frame d1 to poke out of pressure.

This is just...I don't know where to begin. First of all Quan was perfectly balanced as he was. Almost everyone agreed. This is the kind of character who should not be able to get out of pressure like that, because it gives him more chances to use 50/50s.

WINNING WITH 50/50s is a scrub tactic! This is coming from a Quan main, giving him more opportunities to use 50/50s is just...braindead.

Why, who *cough* who whined about this to make this change? Quan was perfect, at a high level you played good footsies and zoning and you earned your win...now it's just...herp da derp 50-50s!
What are you talking about winning with 5050s is a scrub tactic pretty much every character in the game is based around some 5050. So your also saying you one of the biggest scrubs out there because you a quan Chi main.

Wow. He actually got it.

GG downplayers, you won the patch. Keep mocking the people that actually wanted a balanced game, really shows what a great community this is.

PS: if you lose at tournaments now, you're gonna look really silly

edit: seems they already hotfixed it to 3 on hit, -9 on block.. might not be as bad as I thought considering they also "fixed" cancel strings. Still though, I hate seeing him buffed without addressing pseudo-unblockables and his other great tools too
make it -15 on block and im fine. just as his opponents, quan should be punished hard for the tiniest wrong guess on defense.

st9rm

viennality.com
Wow just wow , idk what to say ... this thread is so stupid

Char gets nerfed - ppl go on tym and cry about it

Now char gets small buff and instead of being happy ppl go on tym and cry too that it was unnecessary and he is too good now ( he isnt btw )

PLEASE stfu for once and enjoy the game
how do you consider a 6f d1 being a "small buff" :/?