What's new

One important suggestion for MK10 inputs

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
KEEP BLOCK BUTTON!

*Edit
I have noticed that in MK vs DC MK9 IGUA if you change the control scheme and the control pad dies, when it is turned on again the game control scheme reverts back to default layout.

So if I am in a match with MY control scheme ( I block with R1) and my control pad dies, it reverts back to default layout meaning that I have to remember 2 sets of control layouts in real time during a match.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Last edited:

DarkPage

Noob
Compared to Injustice, MK9's controls weren't that bad.

I don't know how many times I've gotten Frost parry, DS low guns and Batgirl Batarang from ducking then pressing d1.

Comboing d1/d2 into :l:qtl:d:qtr:r is a huge pain in the dick so I just leave on default controls.

If they changed MK10's controls to full motions sans the half circle specials it really shouldn't be an issue unless you really like to tap every input instead of just use a single motion.

Also they should take out negative edge. The only thing it's good for is spamming instant air specials easier. (It would be nice to be able to tigerknee instant air moves as well)

:d:u should only be limited to teleport moves imo.

:d:l:r is a pain sometimes but it could be worse, like Primal Rage where you have to hold 2 buttons first then press weird inputs like :l:u:r or :d:r:u:r:d
Hold on a second negative edge makes instaair moves easier?? My dream of using cyborg well have been hindered by lack of knowledge of such mechanics it would seem.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
KEEP BLOCK BUTTON!

*Edit
I have noticed that in MK vs DC MK9 IGUA if you change the control scheme and the control pad dies, when it is turned on again the game control scheme reverts back to default layout.

So if I am in a match with MY control scheme ( I block with R1) and my control pad dies, it reverts back to default layout meaning that I have to remember 2 sets of control layouts in real time during a match.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
If your pad dies in the match, can you really find another set of batteries to get the controller to turn back on and actually fight back before you're dead?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Likely they will have the alt controls and the ability to turn release check on or off

Art

Grave_Intent
Another important suggestion: please no knee-jerk reaction nerfs. I don't want to see another Kano or Deathstroke...
I'm sorry but out-of-the-box Deathstroke needed some sort of nerf. Other than that I agree. nerfs/ patches should not be made until the game is at least 6 months or so old, and people can figure things out that beta testers didn't.

As far as combo systems go, I'd love to see more of an open combo system similar to Street Fighter in the new MKX.