What's new

One important suggestion for MK10 inputs

Please use the mk9 input system. The problem with injustice inputs is that if we use "MK Style" inputs and we accidentally press 'downback' the special attack won't perform. If we use "Alternate Style" inputs and we accidentally DONT press 'downback' the special attack won't come out.

Mk9 inputs where universally better because as long as we did the motion, the special attack comes out; with or without 'downback'

What are you guys thoughts?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Another important suggestion: please no knee-jerk reaction nerfs. I don't want to see another Kano or Deathstroke...

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Injustice inputs are all over the place, nothing is very consistent across characters or makes any lick of sense.
It's like they went in 8 different directions.
The two different control methods are just annoying, they are both heavily flawed in their own ways, and it makes me avoid half the cast, basically anyone with an important move mapped to a BF motion, because in alt it turns into a half circle.

I think they did a good job on moves with multiple inputs though, by holding back or forward to alter it.

SF2 mastered inputs for the whole genre over 20 years ago, this shit should not be a problem.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Injustice inputs are all over the place, nothing is very consistent across characters or makes any lick of sense.
It's like they went in 8 different directions.
The two different control methods are just annoying, they are both heavily flawed in their own ways, and it makes me avoid half the cast, basically anyone with an important move mapped to a BF motion, because in alt it turns into a half circle.

I think they did a good job on moves with multiple inputs though, by holding back or forward to alter it.

SF2 mastered inputs for the whole genre over 20 years ago, this shit should not be a problem.
Am I the only one that does not have an issue on pad with BF motions? Only ones I hate are BDF like motions.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't understand this. Lets say they do announce MK10 in June...that would mean they have been working on the game for awhile now, which means any "control" issues you have is way past development. The best you can do is keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Question from someone who never played MK9 seriously: how did the controls differ from standard controls in injustice? One of the major reasons why I use alternate controls in Injustice is that standard controls gave me constant execution errors, and I've heard similar complaints about MK9's controls. Alternate controls require an extra input here or there, but I've gotten to where I can do just about everything I need to do consistently including d1 quartercircle inputs. Only thing I can't do is instant air moves, but thankfully I don't play characters that need it, and I pretty much never get an accidental special move.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Supposedly getting quarter-circle-back while holding down-back is an artifact of how they implemented down-to-block, which is also stupid. How do you go from "back to block" to "down to block"?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
3 motion inputs are stupid as fuck and ive always wondered why mk/inj has them
like seriously what purpose does a dbf input serve aside from making a special move way more annoying and difficult to pull off than it should be
bf inputs are alright
down up inputs are stupid as fuck too

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Question from someone who never played MK9 seriously: how did the controls differ from standard controls in injustice? One of the major reasons why I use alternate controls in Injustice is that standard controls gave me constant execution errors, and I've heard similar complaints about MK9's controls. Alternate controls require an extra input here or there, but I've gotten to where I can do just about everything I need to do consistently including d1 quartercircle inputs. Only thing I can't do is instant air moves, but thankfully I don't play characters that need it, and I pretty much never get an accidental special move.
NRS uses a system called release check, in MK9 you can't turn it off, so it ends up lagging a few stuff and incresasing execution error because of the negative edge, in Injustice you can turn the release check off/on.

Is one of the problems i adressed in this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk9-to-mk10-mechanics-improvements-suggestion.40991/

Input needs to be exact, the release check blocked a lots of characters true potencial because executing Y or X move with said characters was extremely dificult and the release check becomed a barrier as well.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
like seriously what purpose does a dbf input serve aside from making a special move way more annoying and difficult to pull off than it should be
bf inputs are alright
I've never understood up+normal inputs, too me that's the stupidest ever because an executional error makes u instant air a jump normal which is helllla punishable. Idk its just dumb as fuck lol I agree w u 100% tho

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I've never understood up+normal inputs, too me that's the stupidest ever because an executional error makes u instant air a jump normal which is helllla punishable. Idk its just dumb as fuck lol I agree w u 100% tho
those are beyond dumb too lol i cant play characters with up normal inputs

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Compared to Injustice, MK9's controls weren't that bad.

I don't know how many times I've gotten Frost parry, DS low guns and Batgirl Batarang from ducking then pressing d1.

Comboing d1/d2 into :l:qtl:d:qtr:r is a huge pain in the dick so I just leave on default controls.

If they changed MK10's controls to full motions sans the half circle specials it really shouldn't be an issue unless you really like to tap every input instead of just use a single motion.

Also they should take out negative edge. The only thing it's good for is spamming instant air specials easier. (It would be nice to be able to tigerknee instant air moves as well)

bf inputs are alright
:d:u should only be limited to teleport moves imo.

:d:l:r is a pain sometimes but it could be worse, like Primal Rage where you have to hold 2 buttons first then press weird inputs like :l:u:r or :d:r:u:r:d

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
NRS uses a system called release check, in MK9 you can't turn it off, so it ends up lagging a few stuff and incresasing execution error because of the negative edge, in Injustice you can turn the release check off/on.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk9-to-mk10-mechanics-improvements-suggestion.40991/

Input needs to be exact, the release check blocked a lots of characters true potencial because executing Y or X move with said characters was extremely dificult and the release check becomed a barrier as well.
Can you explain to me ANY benefit to negative edge? I have been asking myself this forever....

Also mechanic wise consistent hitboxs would be nice. While I do enjoy abusing the ghost hitbox on Kenshi's F3 and Cyrax's teleport it is pretty rediculus

Error

DF2+R2
Can you explain to me ANY benefit to negative edge? I have been asking myself this forever....

Also mechanic wise consistent hitboxs would be nice. While I do enjoy abusing the ghost hitbox on Kenshi's F3 and Cyrax's teleport it is pretty rediculus
Makes special cancels easier for some people I guess.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Negative Edge is not a benefict, is an issue.

Sometimes you wanted to perform D4 with mileena after a backdash, and you get a roll instead, because roll is BD4:)l:d:bk). You want to perform a D2 with Skarlet on a crossup, you accidentally press forward and the character performs an upslash instead. You want to perform a D4 with Cyrax after a forward dash, the character releases a bomb toss instead.

Yeah, I turned off release check the second I read what it was when i first started getting into the game. Even with that off, I find special moves tend to come out a lot when I don't mean them to. Alternate controls fix it, I would guess, because it requires an extra input.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You guys do know MK9 suffered from the same issues, right...? That's why alt controls were even made in the first place.