What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
You can interrupt b1,2 but that's more based on a read because the GL can always decide to do b1,3 instead. Both can be backdashed. Catwoman can feline evade both and then punish you. Anyone with a parry can parry in between the two hits.

Hades

Noob
Can gl dash doomsdays supernova or can I only mbbf3 it? My timing might be off but I can't seem to do it

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Can gl dash doomsdays supernova or can I only mbbf3 it? My timing might be off but I can't seem to do it
GL can not dash out of the way of Doomsday's Supernova like a lot of the cast can.. Even meter burn B3 or F3 sometimes misses because sometimes he will land too far behind you. It would be nice to have more options, but thats just how it is.

Hades

Noob
GL can not dash out of the way of Doomsday's Supernova like a lot of the cast can.. Even meter burn B3 or F3 sometimes misses because sometimes he will land too far behind you. It would be nice to have more options, but thats just how it is.
That kinda sucks, it's real annoying when your playing someone online who spams it real bad. Cheers for the info anyway

DHERO

Noob
Hello GL players, the last version of Injustice I’ve played was the one that came with release of the game (it was my friend’s game and he didn’t have internet connected to his 360). My friend and I were playing/following the game during the beginning, but stopped because we couldn’t patch it.

The only things I knew about GL (at that time) was:
-223 LM MB B3 J3 223 LM was my BNB (throw in an OR MB if I wanted to spend the extra bar)
-B13 to OTG, as well as a low starter/mix up tool
-Trait cancel to MG MB to make things safer
-Zone with (Air) OR
-J3 is awesome

Now I got Ultimate Edition. I have the latest patch, read the patch notes, and understand the universal changes. And with time, this game has obviously evolved. I’m not sure what’s outdated or still usable. I didn’t dig through every page here, but I did see some cool stuff, which I’ll address with my questions.
-What are his best buttons/pressure strings and what makes those so good?
-Any use for Rocket Power?
-Set ups:
  • After ending in LM, I can do a delayed B13.
  • After a LM MB, I know I can dash under F3/B3, JI3 non/cross-up.
    • What other options are there after a LM?
    • What about LM MB?
  • Turbine set ups. After what moves do I do the Turbine? Is the JI3 the only thing I can do after the Turbine?
  • Is there anything I can follow up a F3, F3 (forcing the knockdown) type of combo?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Hello GL players, the last version of Injustice I’ve played was the one that came with release of the game (it was my friend’s game and he didn’t have internet connected to his 360). My friend and I were playing/following the game during the beginning, but stopped because we couldn’t patch it.

The only things I knew about GL (at that time) was:
-223 LM MB B3 J3 223 LM was my BNB (throw in an OR MB if I wanted to spend the extra bar)
-B13 to OTG, as well as a low starter/mix up tool
-Trait cancel to MG MB to make things safer
-Zone with (Air) OR
-J3 is awesome

Now I got Ultimate Edition. I have the latest patch, read the patch notes, and understand the universal changes. And with time, this game has obviously evolved. I’m not sure what’s outdated or still usable. I didn’t dig through every page here, but I did see some cool stuff, which I’ll address with my questions.
-What are his best buttons/pressure strings and what makes those so good?
-Any use for Rocket Power?
-Set ups:
  • After ending in LM, I can do a delayed B13.
  • After a LM MB, I know I can dash under F3/B3, JI3 non/cross-up.
    • What other options are there after a LM?
    • What about LM MB?
  • Turbine set ups. After what moves do I do the Turbine? Is the JI3 the only thing I can do after the Turbine?
  • Is there anything I can follow up a F3, F3 (forcing the knockdown) type of combo?
hmm...GLs pressure isnt great but j1 is active forever and stuffs alot of jumps ins so it works. his only useful strings in neutral are b13 or 2, and 223. if you can land a j2 and go into 223 i dont think they can d1 out of it like they can with ji1..... but 223 minigun is probably his best pressure string and b13 minigun it puts them right at the range you want t be at and they have no frame advantage (doesnt seem like they do at least). rocket power has very miminimal use its good when they are jumping far away but thats about it and if theyre doing an ia projectile it might not even be god for that. after lm you dont have many options after lmmb you can go for jump over or dash under resets but dash under resets arent very good anymore, i personally end combos in turbine as oppposed to lift because you can get another setup or at least bait out a wakeup. you can f2d1 b13 f3 if its close or f2b1 after f3 f3 you can turbine setup and get a crossup i believe but i havent figured that out yet just seen it once. trait lm f3 crossup setup is probably the best thing GL has for now
also something else i never see any lanterns do and i would do if my controller wasnt so wonky is if you land a b3 use close rocket power then b13 trait lm you can finish it and get 32% meterless or go for trait lm setup or 223 ts.

Atheris

Noob
Hey guys, I just got the game, because there's a tournament coming up for this game and I've been trying to get a hang of characters.
Green Lantern seems ok, I like his generic attack-moveset, but other than that, he feels a tad slow/weak. How is he rated with the latest (1.08) patch? In which tier? Worth spending two weeks to get a better understanding of this character?
I suck at combos, at best I do a 20% one, that's it. So I need a character who is able to constantly jump around not focus on getting any special moves to dish out good damage.

Flash was great, but the damage was way too low..

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
So I'm watching Final Round right now, and Orochi is doing the lantern set up yeah yeah cool cool,

BUT HE TURBINES INTO F3 NOT IN THE CORNER

WHAT

HOW
TEACH ME

Hades

Noob
Just wondering if you guys knew this but if you do a lift while in trait you get a free interactable throw. This is the same as if you end your combo with 2,2 straight into the interactable. Bear in mind you have to be right next to the interactable and you can use some jumping ones with the trait lift set up but not the 2,2. This set up is kind of like the otg that martian gets off mb bf2.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Just wondering if you guys knew this but if you do a lift while in trait you get a free interactable throw. This is the same as if you end your combo with 2,2 straight into the interactable. Bear in mind you have to be right next to the interactable and you can use some jumping ones with the trait lift set up but not the 2,2. This set up is kind of like the otg that martian gets off mb bf2.
not sure what you mean by free interactible in trait but yes its im sure well known that you can cancel the 223 string into an interactible grab

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, trait LM, MB LM, and MB LM to j3 in any way = guaranteed OTG interactable. Obviously, f3 splats = interactable for a good portion of them.