What's new

Omni Man Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agilaz

It has begun
He's gonna be the first DLC right? Curious to see what he'll play like. With the ghost of Injustice 3 hanging over MK1, I think that both Superman and Black Adam might have been repurposed into Homelander and Omni-Man respectively, but we'll see. Here's hoping to a true grappler.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
they showed us basically nothing.... would have much preferred to see actual combat sequences than a short trailer of mostly cut scenes... I hope this is a tease and we are getting a full trailer soon. I mean where was the actual gameplay?

Also Termor was in this trailer btw

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I love the fatalities!!!!!!
And what was that move where he slightly dodged Scorpion's spear. That was badass. Is looks like a projectile parry and Im all for it

they showed us basically nothing.... would have much preferred to see actual combat sequences than a short trailer of mostly cut scenes... I hope this is a tease and we are getting a full trailer soon. I mean where was the actual gameplay?

Also Termor was in this trailer btw
i thought something felt off. this didn't feel like how nrs usually does trailers. felt almost like the fighting game trailers that come from anime games. probably just tease and then we wait for the cringe kombat kast

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, we already knew it wasn’t going to be a full gameplay trailer as Boon said as much a couple weeks ago or so. He said that there wasn’t going to be an OmniMan gameplay trailer. Then days later he Quoted that and said “but that doesn’t mean we are going to show nothing” or something like that. So we all were expecting what was shown, in fact, they showed even more than I was expecting.

Anyway, based on the dialogue between him and Scorpion, I wonder if the next season of Invasions will have OmniMan as the final boss or whatever. Would be pretty cool and fit the “invasion” theme as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, we already knew it wasn’t going to be a full gameplay trailer as Boon said as much a couple weeks ago or so. He said that there wasn’t going to be an OmniMan gameplay trailer. Then days later he Quoted that and said “but that doesn’t mean we are going to show nothing” or something like that. So we all were expecting what was shown, in fact, they showed even more than I was expecting.

Anyway, based on the dialogue between him and Scorpion, I wonder if the next season of Invasions will have OmniMan as the final boss or whatever. Would be pretty cool and fit the “invasion” theme as well.
Here’s what I was referring to

KCJ506

Noob
Is there a possibility that his entire moveset wasn't shown? I've never watched Omni Man's show, but from what I've read he has heat vision. And he wasn't shown using it nor any other projectiles in the trailer.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Is there a possibility that his entire moveset wasn't shown? I've never watched Omni Man's show, but from what I've read he has heat vision. And he wasn't shown using it nor any other projectiles in the trailer.
Homelander does, but not Omni-Man. He's basically a brutal, indestructible bruiser.

I'm hoping Homelander has a really lazy fighting style where he disinterestedly shoots lasers at people.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Homelander does, but not Omni-Man. He's basically a brutal, indestructible bruiser.

I'm hoping Homelander has a really lazy fighting style where he disinterestedly shoots lasers at people.
From the Invincible cartoon, he is probably the most violent 'superhero" that I've seen outside of an anime.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
100% his entire moveset wasn’t shown. I don’t think even any FULL gameplay trailers have shown the entire moveset for any character. And this was a gameplay teaser trailer.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
looks pretty good .... I knew it that , as always , NRS does a great job adapting guest characters with their proper source material, so, they nailed again

Omni-Man looks dope and sassy arrogant, hehe ..... chances are that they will do a KK to show off his moveset in details ? let's see .... :)

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
The Mortal Kombat 1 Kombat Pack includes a character skin for Johnny Cage with the voice and likeness of actor and martial artist Jean-Claude Van Damme (available now);
three new playable Mortal Kombat characters—
Quan Chi (winter 2023/2024), Ermac (spring 2024),
Takeda Takahashi (summer 2024);
three new playable guest fighters—
Omni-Man (November 2023),
Peacemaker based on DC’s The Suicide Squad film & Peacemaker series on Max (winter 2023/2024),
Homelander based on The Boys television series (spring 2024);
one-week early access to all playable characters; and five new Kameo Fighters—
Tremor (Nov. 2023), along with Ferra, Janet Cage, Khameleon, and Mavado (release dates still to be announced).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Tremor assist has me excited.

We saw a standard launch, and a Kameo re-launch (a-la Goro/Scorpion)

I’d be interested to see what other moves he has.

I’ll try using omni man on launch; I said I’d use him since he was announced. That moustache does things for me hahahaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.