What's new

Omen of Sorrow: PS4 Demo Announced. Let's go!

"Omen of Sorrow: PS4 Demo Announced”

Anaheim, California.-
Get ready for a wicked battle, during PlayStation Experience 2017, at 10 PM EST AOne Games will release the first Omen of Sorrow public demo on PlayStation Network, it’ll be available until December 11, showcasing Zafkiel and Gabriel on a new stage with local multiplayer and single player modes.
Felipe Budinich, AOne Games marketing Director, explains: “Omen of Sorrow delivers a deep 2D combat system inspired by the classics, bringing back the edge, mindset and philosophy rooted in the genre's arcade legacy, taking it to the next level with innovative features and fighting mechanics.”

The game will be released during 2018, having toured the world on several fighting game community events it has had a great reception at E.V.O, First Attack, Treta Championship, True Salty and SoCal Regionals, winning awards such as Best Technical Achievement at EVA 2017 just a few weeks ago, and an Unreal Dev Grant on May.

“This is the first time the game will be released onto the wild, outside of the controlled environment of an event. It’s a daunting proposal, but we strongly believe that once players get their hands on the game, they’ll be able to appreciate the effort we’ve put into all the subtle details that can’t be conveyed through gameplay videos such as input handling, and the overall flow of combat.” Says, Max Kubler, AOne Games Executive Producer.
*AOne Games (2015) is a videogame company currently developing their first title “Omen of Sorrow”, a fighting videogame featuring characters inspired by classic horror.

Omen of Sorrow - PSX 2017 Trailer | PS4 Exclusive

Web Site:
https://www.aonegames.com

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/aonegamespage

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/aonegames
https://twitter.com/OmenOfSorrow

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/aonegames/

Very grateful for the support and I hope you enjoy this game that we are creating with a lot of passion.

Any questions with mechanics, combos and technical data do not hesitate to ask.

Felipe Muñoz (Gameplay Design Aone Games):
https://twitter.com/ThatGuyIMetOnce

or

Mcfly
Ceo & Founder ETC Elite Tournament Chile.
Community Leader Aone Games.
https://twitter.com/ETCMcflyChile

@CrimsonShadow, @STORMS, @CrazyFingers, @Tanno

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nice. I wish I could come there, but I'm 6.374klm far away from this venue. Hope to see a demo version in the PSN to try this out. And who knows, I might find a swag combo there. :)

is it just me ? but im mixed between hyped or not giving af

the graphics looks super dated even more about the backgrounds.
cheap sound effects and the ui looks terrible.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
YEEEEEEEEEEES! I've been waiting for a long time, anxious to finally test the game. Very proud of a south american product being born, good lucky for you.

And bring me Quasimodo and Hyde please!

is it just me ? but im mixed between hyped or not giving af

the graphics looks super dated even more about the backgrounds.
cheap sound effects and the ui looks terrible.
It looks about as good as the new KoF. That is to say, like a PS2 game but if the gameplay is good no one will care.

Day 1 purchase for me, Im excited.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
looks good... a bit Killer instinct-ish

It must be very hard to break into fighting game development. The current big players make extremely high quality games that I suspect would be a be ask for a small indie development team.

You look at this and you think, well it doesn't look as good as a NRS or CapCom or Bandai game or w/e.... but the truth is.. how could it ever look as good.

What I hope is that they focus on niche stuff, like the Skullgirl guys did. To make the game more appealing..

Good netcode, good gameplay and above all creative character design is the only thing that will keep it alive... we all remember the flash n the pan that was that robot game a while back?

Best of luck to these guys and I'll keep an eye out on steam for it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just wanted to say that I dropped by the office to check out this game, thanks to @ETC Mcfly . The whole development team was really great — super friendly, and it seemed like they were really passionate about the game they’re making.

McFly and Felipe (the lead designer) were nice enough to give me a walk-through, and the game is really pretty, has some interesting mechanics, and seems like a lot of fun to play.

Felipe is clued in to the FGC/scene, and is really focused on making a game that fighting game aficionados will enjoy.

So wishing these guys all the best, and it’ll be really awesone if people support it when it comes out.

Last edited:

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
I've been very interested in this game for a while. Unfortunately, I only have a PC to play on. Y'all go have fun with the demo.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Shoot, I noticed this the day that it says it won't be available D=
This game looks hype for all the right reasons and I'm here for it

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
The demo was kind of weird, but I enjoyed it for what little you could check out. I'll probably give the game a go once it's released

Just wanted to say that I dropped by the office to check out this game, thanks to @ETC Mcfly . The whole development team was really great — super friendly, and it seemed like they were really passionate about the game they’re making.

McFly and Felipe (the lead designer) were nice enough to give me a walk-through, and the game is really pretty, has some interesting mechanics, and seems like a lot of fun to play.

Felipe is clued in to the FGC/scene, and is really focused on making a game that fighting game aficionados will enjoy.

So wishing these guys all the best, and it’ll be really awesone if people support it when it comes out.
Thanks bro ;)

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Just wanted to stop by and say this game is actually really, really fun to play. It can be a little bit confusing at first and it can also feel sort of clunky when you don't know what to do (or how), but once you get to play it a little bit more it almost feels like the devs are saying "Here, this is your character, these are their moves, here's your meter and those are your cancels, go nuts".

It's often the case that when I'm learning a new game/character, I ask myself "Can I do [this]?" in regards to combo routes or possible setups/mixups after getting a little bit more used to their tools and general mechanics. I was quite disappointed with how limited Arika's FEXL felt in this regard at first (or maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'll keep trying), but man, I was amazed by how much freedom OoS gives to the player. It seemed like the answer to my questions were almost always "Yes. Yes, you can, you goddamn scrub" which led to many "Oh shit" moments. I'm not sure how healthy this freedom is to the game's overall balance, but it sure makes the game hella fun.

It definitely has plenty of room for improvements, but for an indie game (and a fighting one at that) it surely left a good impression on me. Can't wait to play against others in the future!

Anyways, here's a little footage of how I ended up playing the game with Zafkiel after a few hours of practice, hopefully it can give you guys a better idea of the game's general pacing.