What's new

Omen of Sorrow: PS4 Demo Announced. Let's go!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I hope this game's demo gets to EU side, so that I may find my own main and show some swag combos. ;)

Just wanted to stop by and say this game is actually really, really fun to play. It can be a little bit confusing at first and it can also feel sort of clunky when you don't know what to do (or how), but once you get to play it a little bit more it almost feels like the devs are saying "Here, this is your character, these are their moves, here's your meter and those are your cancels, go nuts".

It's often the case that when I'm learning a new game/character, I ask myself "Can I do [this]?" in regards to combo routes or possible setups/mixups after getting a little bit more used to their tools and general mechanics. I was quite disappointed with how limited Arika's FEXL felt in this regard at first (or maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'll keep trying), but man, I was amazed by how much freedom OoS gives to the player. It seemed like the answer to my questions were almost always "Yes. Yes, you can, you goddamn scrub" which led to many "Oh shit" moments. I'm not sure how healthy this freedom is to the game's overall balance, but it sure makes the game hella fun.

It definitely has plenty of room for improvements, but for an indie game (and a fighting one at that) it surely left a good impression on me. Can't wait to play against others in the future!

Anyways, here's a little footage of how I ended up playing the game with Zafkiel after a few hours of practice, hopefully it can give you guys a better idea of the game's general pacing.

That was great. Thanks for the feedback and support. ;)