What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Pulse blades. NOT lightsabers.
I originally thought he would have some TK for range, but it seems like he's got the range down WITHOUT TK and that's awesome. He really seems like a scorpion/kenshi hybrid while still being unique.
How does he look like a Scorpion/Kenshi hybrid? Lol he doesn't have a sword OR telekinesis.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Pulse blades. NOT lightsabers.

How does he look like a Scorpion/Kenshi hybrid? Lol he doesn't have a sword OR telekinesis.
His scorpion/kenshi hybridness is in his range and changeup style. He's got a sick teleport in one variation (forget which, think it's shira-ryu?), his range is ever present, but most represented in lasher. He totally fucking has 'swords' in the variation with the beam sabers. It's not a matter of copying obvious traits, as incorporating playstyles in a new way. I feel like legacy players will forget his teleport's utility vs playing against scorpion. Everyone will know his range, but might get confused as to what he'll do with the scorpion-style whip-pull PUNCH.

Like I said, it's not a matter of the 'SOS" as it is "Same concept, new execution" and THAT is what makes him increasingly badassed.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
On the plus side his Xray is one of my favourites as well as his fatality. His moves are cool, he isn't. #ComicTakedaBestTakeda

Gamer68

Fujin!
After watching today's stream, I think it's safe to say that Takeda is my favorite new character so far. It's like he's a mix of Kratos, Scorpion, and some other characters (Sektor/Cyrax because of the pulse blades, etc).

Not only is he my favorite new character, but I think he's one of my favorites in the entire roster that we've seen so far.

With the way he dresses, the whips kinda come across as a sexual liberation thing. Also, the Ronin style seems so...incongruent with his apparent schtick.

Besides those gripes, I'm interested in Kenshi and Ivy Valentine's little bastard. Lasher and Shirai Ryu seem cool enough.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
All I know is that he has impressed me more than any new character in the game. He is fantastic. Definitely my secondary no doubt! Sorry Lin Kuei. I'm going to have to pick the Shirai Ryu.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
He looks bad-ass. Even though at first I was like, "Oh look, Snake from MGS." More I watched, the more I was digging him.

Still like Kotal Kahn and Ferra/Torr better, but he's a really solid new character.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
To see what I'm about to talk about look at this:
Skip forward to 8:44

Did anyone else notice they completely forgot to show us a special attack in his Ronin variation? The light sabers intrigue me but check it out. What's this move Shirai Ryu Kan?? This variation looks sick already but the thought that there's' another special move just hanging out that didn't get mentioned excites me!

P.S. I took a screenshot but there's no image upload option.. Needs an image URL? I cannot even..

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
i knew he would be the one for me when i first saw him, that lightsaber variation is going to induce so much salt. takeda day 1 main for sure here.
I'm interested in the light sabre variation too! Check out my post where I show that they missed a special move. What could it be!?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I'm really interested to see how his lowered hitbox is used to make his teleport even more nasty. The only real startup seems to be the actual ducking animation; once released, it seems to be as fast (if not faster) than Smoke's MK9 TP. So I'm wondering if it could be used to duck projectiles or avoid jump-ins and then either released for TP or canceled for pressure. As you can see, it just about halves his hitbox (he's normally slightly taller than Reptile):

It's like Stryker's delayed Gunshot, if it halved his hitbox and lead to a full combo on MB...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I'm also wondering about his air whip. I imagine his whips are disjointed from his hitbox, so unless this always causes him to shoot towards his opponent (like Kano Air Ball) or leaves him in a floaty state, I could imagine this being an extremely easy move to abuse. The amount of control this variation has over the ground and the air is just totally bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.