What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What would you say his biggest weakness is?
Well, I'm afraid he doesn't have any viable wakeups, so he could end up being extremely momentum based. I'm also not sure if he has any armor. And his whip attacks are supposed to be pretty damn slow, so I'm anxious to see the accurate frame data on his other nornals.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, I'm afraid he doesn't have any viable wakeups, so he could end up being extremely momentum based. I'm also not sure if he has any armor. And his whip attacks are supposed to be pretty damn slow, so I'm anxious to see the accurate frame data on his other nornals.
You literally have the same exact worries as I do lol.

I've yet to see or hear something of his having armor which could be a problem, but even moreso the wakeup game. If his teleport on wakeup can be stuffed, and he has no armor, his moveset can be oki hell when he gets knocked down.

I am curious about the whip normals. For some reason I think they'll be relatively safe but you never know. He has a lot of options to protect himself if they are done at a decent range even if unsafe so I'm not as worried about this issue as much.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You literally have the same exact worries as I do lol.

I've yet to see or hear something of his having armor which could be a problem, but even moreso the wakeup game. If his teleport on wakeup can be stuffed, and he has no armor, his moveset can be oki hell when he gets knocked down.

I am curious about the whip normals. For some reason I think they'll be relatively safe but you never know. He has a lot of options to protect himself if they are done at a decent range even if unsafe so I'm not as worried about this issue as much.
I heard every character has at least 1 armored attack, but I don't know if that's true. I'm wondering if Flip Kick will make a good wakeup since he can control the distance. Perhaps he can flip over his opponent, though apparently he can be poked out of it quite easily.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I heard every character has at least 1 armored attack, but I don't know if that's true. I'm wondering if Flip Kick will make a good wakeup since he can control the distance. Perhaps he can flip over his opponent, though apparently he can be poked out of it quite easily.
Oh yea? I didn't know that. It's possible. I was hoping his Fist of Fury move would have armor but we'll see. Not a fan of that flip kick move. It's the only move in his moveset I dont like. I saw it on a stream getting poked up like it was nothing.

I'm strongly considering going Ermac/Takeda the first 3 months minimum. Just hoping too many teenage kids don't flood the online with him and get him nerfed lol.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Liking that +2 block advantage on an 11-frame low-hitting d3. Hope that makes it through the patch! :joker:
Any chance you can tell me about that normal?

And surely the block advantage on kunai is incorrect?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know these numbers are subject to change, so this is purely wishful speculation. Takeda could theoretically have something similar to Rune Trap with his MB Kunai. As of right now they are + enough on block to allow him to execute any of his pressure options. They also deal almost 5% on chip, or a full combo on hit. They hit low and can be delayed in conjunction with his overhead to lead to an Earthshake-level overhead-low trap that can be reversed to a low-overhead trap based on timing and that leads into full combo on hit. So even if you somehow managed to block every single one of his mixups, you'd still be eating between 15%-20% chip damage (including the chip from his normals) for 3 bars of meter.

I'm also curious what happens if he throws down the kunai, delays them, and then goes for a throw. Will the explosion whiff or will it knock the opponent out of the throw? I'm guessing whiff.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I also don't really understand what the point of his Whirlwind Kick is. It's too slow to really punish anything and it's -20 (currently) on block. Even when the frame data changes, it's pretty safe to assume it will still be an unsafe special. It seems like a move to get around zoning, but his teleport is faster, much harder to punish, and leads to combos, making it hands down the better choice for punishing bad zoning. Am I missing something?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I also don't really understand what the point of his Whirlwind Kick is. It's too slow to really punish anything and it's -20 (currently) on block. Even when the frame data changes, it's pretty safe to assume it will still be an unsafe special. It seems like a move to get around zoning, but his teleport is faster, much harder to punish, and leads to combos. Am I missing something?
It'll probably be used as a combo ender in the corner (and maybe even mid screen) for some dirty ass mixups

^ the guy who posted those combos is 1 of the best SF players in the world
I train with Alioune Sensei quite sometimes in USF4 and for some reason I had a feeling he would main Takeda
he always finds out some sick tech like he did with Cammy, Juri, Sagat and Elphelt from GG Xrd

Status
Not open for further replies.