What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn (OLD) Kotal Kahn Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

What variation do you plan on using the most?

• War God

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Sun God

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Blood God

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • All Equally

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, most of stuff if obvious if you watch, but they mention some things that you would have to be told or witness first hand to know.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So where did you find out these?:

Kahn gains access to a choke slam that increases his self-buff by one level. As he powers up, the choke slam inflicts more and more damage until he reaches the level three maximum.
---
The level of his power-up determines how much health is gained.
---
If he hits the opponent shortly after cutting himself, the opponent takes the damage Kahn lost in addition to the damage of the attack used.

Those are not things that you can see just by watching gameplay, at least not with such a small amount of it, as those are very technical and unseeable, the only way you could know that is if you played the game or talked to someone who did or is developing it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So where did you find out these?:

Those are not things that you can see just by watching gameplay, at least not with such a small amount of it, as those are very technical and unseeable, the only way you could know that is if you played the game or talked to someone who did or is developing it.
In fact is exactly what i did, by watching gameplay, do not underestimate me or my eye

Check the date i created the sun god thread, is nearly 10 days before prima publish this content, and i never edited my thread after that same day.

The MKX system is not that dificult to understand, specially if you played a lot of mk9.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Update: Chest Cutting is not Blood God Specific, is a universal move, along with, rising palm, air grab, projectile shield.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So the raiden reveal showed us some Kotal Khan action.
Any thoughts @Eddy Wang ?
I thought some noteworthy points were the MB sword ender, and man that X-ray has some impressive tracking to it.

0:32, that totem comes out pretty fast and it looks like it has pretty short recovery too. Red glow.
0:48, skull totem with purple aura, maybe the damage type?
Seems like they only last 5 seconds.

1:03, different kind of khan.
1:11, Throws the sword, looks to have an Ares Axe-esque hitbox.
1:23, MB sword slash, low on-hit advantage so I'm guessing either it launches hella far or it does hella damage.
1:30, MB Sword Slash again? Looks like whatever this was, it'll hit overhead.

1:34, 3rd kind of Khan
1:35, since we saw it placed on the opponent before, does this mean we can target it? Probably a LMH type deal.
1:51, our air grab has some decent range, and next to no start-up it looks like.
1:53, our chokeslam can be combo'd into pretty openly, so building levels shouldn't be hard.
1:57, PRAISE THE SUN!
2:11, a pretty decent combo, looks like it launches pretty far. Probably a good set-up into sunbeam or, as shown, X-ray.
2:13, X-ray triggers from nearly full screen, and it hits pretty fast. The hitbox looks healthy.

This is what I saw so far.

Last edited:

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
Update: Chest Cutting is not Blood God Specific, is a universal move, along with, rising palm, air grab, projectile shield.

Sun light beam is another universal move, maybe parry too?
Also, on Raiden´s reveal video, he uses Level 3 Sun God choke without previously leveling up (notice that he´s not glowing)! Maybe a chain grab then?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sun light beam is another universal move, maybe parry too?
Also, on Raiden´s reveal video, he uses Level 3 Sun God choke without previously leveling up (notice that he´s not glowing)! Maybe a chain grab then?
Don't forget the video is edited and you can't see health bars, and there are a few things in the build that you will not see in the final version.

Remember that colt was using a code to build full meter or full health into all characters when he wanted to use X-Rays or a specific setup or special moves.

ROtagaki

Don't forget the video is edited and you can't see health bars, and there are a few things in the build that you will not see in the final version.

Remember that colt was using a code to build full meter or full health into all characters when he wanted to use X-Rays or a specific setup or special moves.
I don´t understand what that has to do with what I said. Do you mean that he could be using "Praise the Sun" without leveling up first because of a code or something?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don´t understand what that has to do with what I said. Do you mean that he could be using "Praise the Sun" without leveling up first because of a code or something?
It means he could build to level 3, then use the code to regen life and set each char in defaut position and then record the video ;)

ROtagaki

It means he could build to level 3, then use the code to regen life and set each char in defaut position and then record the video ;)
Ok, I hear you. But I think that you didn´t understood what I meant! Doesn´t the Sun God Choke adds diferente animations according to Kotals levels???
Like Level 0 (no glow) - slams the opponent/ Level 1 (slight glow) - after the slam he does a hammer fist/ Level 2 (shinny :)) - after the hammer fist raises the opponent and calls forth a huge lightbeam
What I said is that in the Raiden vídeo he does the "Level 2 sequence" but he is not glowing AT ALL! And he does Level up (to Level 1) while doing it!!!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ok, I hear you. But I think that you didn´t understood what I meant! Doesn´t the Sun God Choke adds diferente animations according to Kotals levels???
Like Level 0 (no glow) - slams the opponent/ Level 1 (slight glow) - after the slam he does a hammer fist/ Level 2 (shinny :)) - after the hammer fist raises the opponent and calls forth a huge lightbeam
What I said is that in the Raiden vídeo he does the "Level 2 sequence" but he is not glowing AT ALL! And he does Level up (to Level 1) while doing it!!!
probably, you might be correct too, might be a chain

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I hope it was just for that video, and you have to build up to get the full one.

Don't want to have to go through the full animation every time I grab someone. It's a touch too long.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I hope it was just for that video, and you have to build up to get the full one.

Don't want to have to go through the full animation every time I grab someone. It's a touch too long.
Different ones probably have different advantages and disadvantages depending on the fight.
That being said, I doubt its a chain grab and its probably just for the sake of show. They can change the game however they feel, so its not a stretch to say they replaced the level 0 with the level 2 for the video and that would explain the level up and the animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.