What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
A guy was streaming and I got him to go through some Jacqui gameplay stuff.

Also got some screenshots from her movelist.

I'll put em in a spoiler just in case.

None of her strings had overheads in them, seems that 1 hit overhead is her only one.
she had a few lows in her strings tho. b33 is a double low and looked pretty good.
90% of her stuff is mids, elbows and knees errywhere.
She has a string that ends with an air Quick Burst.

-JACQUI's AIR GROUND POUNDS IS A LOW. Animation wise it's exactly like Kan-Ra's j.HK from KI..
EX is multi-hit so armor can fuck off :D
she also has a faint where she drops straight down without the hit.

She has a lot of dashing moves, 2 long range and 1 mid range.

-Force Rush: dashing lariat into an attack, she does this in the Release Trailer. Goes fuckin FAR, like Hawkgirl's Mace Charge distance. Hits High. EX probably has armor or something coz it didn't do any extra damage or hits.

-Bionic Dash: similar to Force Rush but ends the dash with an uppercut. Hits mid. EX she holds their head and LIFTS them then does a few more hits with a blast in the end.

-Gauntlet Strike: Mid range body blow. Goes into a mini auto-combo. 14%. EX did 19%. With High tech power did like 24%. Not fully sure about the damage numbers coz I was screenshoting stuff XD

-Tech shield: a parry of some sort. Not sure if it's for hits/projectiles/both as he didn't test to see what it does when it activates.

HIGH TECH stuff:
-Gauntlet Spark: buffs your gauntlet moves, can stack 2 levels. EX goes to level 2 immediately.

-Quick Burst: Short range projectile. Mid. Did 10% damage. chargable and dash cancellable. 2 levels as well. If you do it while the Gauntlet Spark buff is on it does the same one as the level you have active. Level 2 was huge and went pretty far. EX does the Gauntlet Spark animation as a mid hit then does the buffed Burst :confused:

Also Jacqui talks HELLA SHIT mid fight. You feelin me now?!
Thanks for the info. I have one question though.

That overhead move that we've been seeing is the only one she has? Does it have any unique properties? Like can it still pop up like in the original Briggs trailer, or can it at least string into something?

Please tell me it isn't just a single hit normal on its own...

cashthesehands

monster masher

That overhead move that we've been seeing is the only one she has? Does it have any unique properties? Like can it still pop up like in the original Briggs trailer, or can it at least string into something?

At least let it be a hard knockdown!

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I just love her alternate so so much! i was hoping she would have loose cornrows tho for it ! oh well still happy.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~

It ground bounces on hit, I don't know if it's cancellable or not. If it is, it looks like a special can connect after. If not however she's in recovery for a solid amount :|
I'm hoping that the stream lagged or something I missed another one but after him legit going through them one by one and there weren't any till he did the 1 hit slam by accident >__>

It ground bounces on hit, I don't know if it's cancellable or not. If it is, it looks like a special can connect after. If not however she's in recovery for a solid amount :|
I'm hoping that the stream lagged or something I missed another one but after him legit going through them one by one and there weren't any till he did the 1 hit slam by accident >__>
In the Briggs trailer she could move after why would they remove it?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
In the Briggs trailer she could move after why would they remove it?
Did she? The one I saw looks like Supes' f3, she swings so hard that she's on one leg for the recovery.

Edit: K went back and rewatched the Briggs trailer, looks like she's cancelling it to an EX special (upwards explosion, shotgun variation?) but hey that confirms it being cancellable into more stuff :D

Again I wasn't the one playing it was a random stream, just happened to be a dude that knows what a combo is for once so he went through her strings and specials. I'm only noting what I saw..

Did she? The one I saw looks like Supes' f3, she swings so hard that she's on one leg for the recovery.

Edit: K went back and rewatched the Briggs trailer, looks like she's cancelling it to an EX special (upwards explosion, shotgun variation?) but hey that confirms it being cancellable into more stuff :D

Again I wasn't the one playing it was a random stream, just happened to be a dude that knows what a combo is for once so he went through her strings and specials. I'm only noting what I saw..
If she have to use meter to get real damage after the overhead, that make sense. To take away one of her best ways to get damage would suck.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ground bounce would be good, but if a single strike, unsafe normal, is her only overhead that would be bad. I'm going to test this asap.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
If you have not see it here's an HD look at Jacqui's alternate costume. I think she looks great.
I love this look for her. Jacqui looks like an amazing character. So glad she isn't just filler like some MK characters in the past, I thought that is what she would be like. It would be hilarious if she ends up being top tier.

Ground bounce would be good, but if a single strike, unsafe normal, is her only overhead that would be bad. I'm going to test this asap.
It doesn't matter if it's an unsafe overhead. As long if you can get big combos after the overhead. That's fair for both plays it's like a 50,50. If someone gets hit with it, they eat big combo, if you block it, Jacqui gets owned. I just hope NRS are smart

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It doesn't matter if it's an unsafe overhead. As long if you can get big combos after the overhead. That's fair for both plays it's like a 50,50. If someone gets hit with it, they eat big combo, if you block it, Jacqui gets owned. I just hope NRS are smart
It defintiely matters. If it has a huge gap of recovery to lead to opponents doing their strongest combo any time it's blocked/doesn't hit, that's a major downgrade. Especially considering that almost half the cast has 50/50's that appear to be either safe or only low poke punishable.

I don't mind it having huge recovery on whiff, but that better not be the case on block if it's her only overhead.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Btw how do we know that move is a overhead?
Well IRC someone in here saw a guy test her moves and strings on a stream.

Besides that, it's animated like an overhead, overheads are generally pretty obvious. They're attacks that arch in a fashion that would go over the head of a crouching opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.