What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Update and News thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Maybe I'm digging too much into it, but I think Torr could be Shaoh Kahn. Well, he looks like an outworld human more than a monster (like shaoh kahn), he is bigger than your average char (like shaoh Kahn), he has red eyes (like shaoh Kahn). Also, there is this painfull irony: Shaoh Kahn was the emperor from all the outworld and now he is a lackey from a little girl... aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd, there is this guy Kotal Kahn that acts as a distraction; everyone is talking about him being kind of a relative or descendant and ignoring Torr, that I think covers his face with that sort of a mask on purpose. What do you think?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Maybe I'm digging too much into it, but I think Torr could be Shaoh Kahn. Well, he looks like an outworld human more than a monster (like shaoh kahn), he is bigger than your average char (like shaoh Kahn), he has red eyes (like shaoh Kahn). Also, there is this painfull irony: Shaoh Kahn was the emperor from all the outworld and now he is a lackey from a little girl... aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd, there is this guy Kotal Kahn that acts as a distraction; everyone is talking about him being kind of a relative or descendant and ignoring Torr, that I think covers his face with that sort of a mask on purpose. What do you think?
this idea is perhaps feasible ..... but I think that , in this case, only after the game come out and playing the story mode first time, we will know the exact origin of this character

anyway, imo, I don't think he is Shao Kahn, but more like a random outworld dude , maybe a little mentally retarded, like Blaster (from that duo Blaster/Master in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome) who Ferra supposed helped and trained during all his life, so, the connection between the two characters. Ferra is the brain, Torr is the muscles.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
this idea is perhaps feasible ..... .
Well, thanks buddy, I thought I was looking too much into it you know, like when you take the rorshach test and see whatever but it's really nothing. And yeah, he is the muscles, but I wouldn't call her the brain, it's more like she is the "agility" or something like that, I can't see a brain in her :D.

That is a really intriguing theory! Can't wait to play MKX story mode.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Gotta practice that 2+4 then. Wonder what that one means.
But at least no horrible b2u2d3f4 strings :p

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
those are some injustice inputs lol i hope its real or else peeps will call me muffin for posting false info :keppo:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I actually think that's really cool. After his defeat, he resorted to this mindless monster.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Couldn't be, the body structures are entirely different. Above that, Khan is a fair bit shorter than Torr is, and about 130% more exploded.
Its an interesting theory, but who cares. They cuddle after a win. Good enough.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Strings ending in Bear Hug
Makes sense. 2+4 probably to empathize how cooler it is than 1+3.
Weird to have grabs built into strings with (presumably) other stuff to mix (as opposed to special grabs), but on the other hand it should be just what is needed to setup some reverse-mixup pressure. Or something. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Makes sense. 2+4 probably to empathize how cooler it is than 1+3.
Weird to have grabs built into strings with (presumably) other stuff to mix (as opposed to special grabs), but on the other hand it should be just what is needed to setup some reverse-mixup pressure. Or something. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
String into bear hug can sometimes be cancelled in a way that the low grab or Ferra toss are used instead. Not a bad mix-up, and if you're in lackey you have access to rolls.

So like 21xx bear hug can be 21xx ferra toss or 21xx low grab

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
String into bear hug can sometimes be cancelled in a way that the low grab or Ferra toss are used instead. Not a bad mix-up, and if you're in lackey you have access to rolls.

So like 21xx bear hug can be 21xx ferra toss or 21xx low grab
I kinda expected some "hit" special to exist there for that reason, so I see.
What exactly are low grab and hug though? Doesn't sound like they are both throws since you've mentioned mixing those up...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I kinda expected some "hit" special to exist there for that reason, so I see.
What exactly are low grab and hug though? Doesn't sound like they are both throws since you've mentioned mixing those up...
Bear hug is akin to DD's mid-string grabs.

Low grab is MMH type stuff.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Bear hug is akin to DD's mid-string grabs.

Low grab is MMH type stuff.
So basically a mid throw and a low? Thanks, that's interesting. Wasn't aware that there's special low like that (that isn't a roll, if that's a low at all).

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Couldn't be, the body structures are entirely different. Above that, Khan is a fair bit shorter than Torr is, and about 130% more exploded.
Its an interesting theory, but who cares. They cuddle after a win. Good enough.
What I think is he got deformed by the Elder Gods, both phisically and mentally, plus I think he lost an eye :confused:.

Status
Not open for further replies.