What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Update and News thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how they seem to play somewhat independently of each other.

Alot of instance in the trailer, Tor is knocked down and gets up before Ferra gets back to him- so that would probably mean he couldn't do a wakeup or any special moves with Ferra till that point- so they're weak when seperated. Also, as a projectile Ferra is thrown quite fast compared to Sub and Scorpy's projectile. The disadvantage I'm guessing would be waiting for Ferra to come back and not being able to do moves that require her till then.

So if I had to make a comparison of how they play, the closest thing I can think of is the Ice Climbers from Smash. Gameplay revolves around using them in unison, and they're quite vulnerable when they are apart because certain moves require they be next to each other.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I like how they seem to play somewhat independently of each other.

Alot of instance in the trailer, Tor is knocked down and gets up before Ferra gets back to him- so that would probably mean he couldn't do a wakeup or any special moves with Ferra till that point- so they're weak when seperated. Also, as a projectile Ferra is thrown quite fast compared to Sub and Scorpy's projectile. The disadvantage I'm guessing would be waiting for Ferra to come back and not being able to do moves that require her till then.

So if I had to make a comparison of how they play, the closest thing I can think of is the Ice Climbers from Smash. Gameplay revolves around using them in unison, and they're quite vulnerable when they are apart because certain moves require they be next to each other.
I'm calling it now, there will probably be a move or two that are specific to where Ferra is away from Torr, for the sake of mind games and creative offense.

Much like Ms. Fortune and her head in SkullGirls.

I'm calling it now, there will probably be a move or two that are specific to where Ferra is away from Torr, for the sake of mind games and creative offense.

Much like Ms. Fortune and her head in SkullGirls.

Not sure how that plays- haven't tried skull girls yet- but I do like that idea. Torr could be vulnerable without Ferra, but Ferra can attack when she is away from Torr so the opponent has to think twice about starting reckless offense.

Alot of cool things are possible with the 2-character dynamic. I hope they go more into these characters at the conference in 15 minutes.

I just hope that Farah/Torr doesnt fall into the low tier area. I think this character is unique and could have a lot of potential and probably surprise a lot of people..If not at least I hope baraka is back in.

Why would that suck? Do you really want to mutilate a child?

Even if you did, the ESRB wouldn't allow it, and besides i'd assume she runs off or they get a custom animation of her getting punted before the Fatality starts.
She's not a child. She's a little person with tits.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Sounds like this character has a "venom" like effect too. Boon was saying she stabs him to boost his power. Seems like a good fit for bane players so far.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Shazam doesnt get mutilated. You can show kids dying, just not being dismembered and tortured.
"A distinction without a difference!"

Anyways, I don't think that midgets count as kids, so there's nothing you can't get away with here.

Not sure how that plays- haven't tried skull girls yet- but I do like that idea. Torr could be vulnerable without Ferra, but Ferra can attack when she is away from Torr so the opponent has to think twice about starting reckless offense.

Alot of cool things are possible with the 2-character dynamic. I hope they go more into these characters at the conference in 15 minutes.
Ms. Fortune can throw her head like a projectile, and then control it separately (movement and a couple of attacks), losing some body's moves in exchange. Thankfully we probably won't have directional block in MKX. Those damn crossups when body is on one side and the head is on another, Zod and his wrath got nothing on that catgirl.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think you will find out soon that Ferra is not a kid so you can kill her and not worry about it...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
She falls off during X-Rays in fatalities.

So it doesn't matter regardless.

And it has been confirmed nowhere that she isn't a child.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks like its meter for armor, but he seems to have some natural armor on a few moves.

I'm thinking his modes are like...
Shazam : Able to throw the girl as a projectile and etc
Grundy : No girl, but huge damage and grabs
Bane : Allows girl to stab for bonuses, but no throw.

Esruck Cype

FGC member longer than you've been born
[quote="Pterodactyl, post: 1389974, member: 11651"
And it has been confirmed nowhere that she isn't a child.[/quote]

Every walkthrough thus far at E3, Boon refers to her a "Lil Lady".

Not a confirmation, but I'd be more surprised than not if she's a kid.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Just confirmed it's a lady on stream.

He said "girl" then corrected himself to "lady"

You win, I concede.

Last edited:

Esruck Cype

FGC member longer than you've been born
Dude, you are putting in a lot of thought for this....

Anyway, Boon just corrected himself from calling her a "girl" to a "lady" on the Gamespot stream. She's likely a dwarf. An evil, little, pancreas-stabbing dwarf

Status
Not open for further replies.