What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Have they caught your interest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Doombawkz from my experience of MKX so far, I think quite a few of the really awesome strings have frames gaps to help balance out the range they have, which might be a reason nearly all characters have an armoured move. I know Kano's best string has it, I'm sure D'Vorah has some and from what I saw of Takeda's whip normals I think they will have them as well.

Take a look in to that when MKX drops, as natural armour means a big advantage in the meter game when it comes to blowing up the frame gaps.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I can't remember if I said it here, but for the record I want to play Ferra/Torr, mainly Torr actually in Lackey mode. I'll be ass because I never could do grapplers, but I'd like too!

Also Tremor and Takeda kthnxbai

Does anybody know if Torr's Lackey Variation is compensated with a bunch armored specials? If so, do they have multiple hits of armor?

MK Led

Umbasa
Edit Side Note: Awesome Ferra pic in your avatar @MK Led! Were did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks :D and if memory serves... I think I got it from a picture somebody posted on tym a while back, but its most likely someones work from deviant art or some such similar site. Props to you, anonymous artist.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Thanks :D and if memory serves... I think I got it from a picture somebody posted on tym a while back, but its most likely someones work from deviant art or some such similar site. Props to you, anonymous artist.
I agree. Props to the artist for their Ferra artwork. I'd imagine it wold look even better with Torr in it :cool:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As a quick followup to this

If you can excuse the standard youtuber yelling, the full F/T win pose with sound is at 2:33
Aggravates me a little to watch other people play, especially now that I'm not as garbage as I used to be.

Still, pain and gain has armor on it. Good to know.

MK Led

Umbasa
Aggravates me a little to watch other people play, especially now that I'm not as garbage as I used to be.

Still, pain and gain has armor on it. Good to know.
I know, hey? I feel like people think f/t are jobbers just because they happen to be played by the biggest scrublords in the world every time they get picked.

And indeedy. Also the other ruthless move, deep stab, have we ever seen it in a video? this guy certainly didn't get it out as far as I could tell.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know, hey? I feel like people think f/t are jobbers just because they happen to be played by the biggest scrublords in the world every time they get picked.

And indeedy. Also the other ruthless move, deep stab, have we ever seen it in a video? this guy certainly didn't get it out as far as I could tell.
Deep stab = pain and gain.
I think...

Idk really

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In the build from that video they were down as two separate moves...

idk either. All shall be revealed soon, haha.
Deep stab had the command grab input for it. I think the command grab animation is different for each stance. In Ruthless its Deep Stab where Ferra stays on your Torrs back and stabs them in the face (the one from the brutality montage), I think in Vicious its called Little Kutter or something but thats the one where she jumps pff and stabs them in the gut while Torr holds them still. Then in Lackey we get the bear hug

MK Led

Umbasa
Deep stab had the command grab input for it. I think the command grab animation is different for each stance. In Ruthless its Deep Stab where Ferra stays on your Torrs back and stabs them in the face (the one from the brutality montage), I think in Vicious its called Little Kutter or something but thats the one where she jumps pff and stabs them in the gut while Torr holds them still. Then in Lackey we get the bear hug
That sounds about right. All was revealed sooner than I thought! :rolleyes:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I'm kind of underwhelmed by what has been shown of Ferra/Torr so far, and I'm looking to main Ferra/Torr. I know that Injustice and MK are two different games, but I kind of wish Ferra/Torr's command grabs did more damage. So far, all of Ferra/Torr's command grabs seem to do 14% damage. I'd personally prefer higher raw damage from these command grabs; maybe closer to 20%, but of course these are all subject to change before the game comes out. If they're unblockable then I guess that makes up for the damage.

There's still a lot more to be shown, I'm sure. What we've seen is barely scratching the surface, but still...kind of underwhelmed.

Last edited:
What's the advantage of Lackey variation? I haven't seen any higher damage in this variation and the only special move I see is the roll. I just don't see the reason to pick this variation. Does anyone have an idea?

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
What's the advantage of Lackey variation? I haven't seen any higher damage in this variation and the only special move I see is the roll. I just don't see the reason to pick this variation. Does anyone have an idea?
He has the "Torryuken" :D ....and excellent wakeup that has armor if MB and can combo... Also, apparently one of Lackey moves has armor like Grundys walking corpse

Why does ferratorr not have a move where tore chucks Ferra at the opponent and she lashes onto them and climbs on them and stabs them for 10 seconds

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I'm kind of underwhelmed by what has been shown of Ferra/Torr so far, and I'm looking to main Ferra/Torr. I know that Injustice and MK are two different games, but I kind of wish Ferra/Torr's command grabs did more damage. So far, all of Ferra/Torr's command grabs seem to do 14% damage. I'd personally prefer higher raw damage from these command grabs; maybe closer to 20%, but of course these are all subject to change before the game comes out. If they're unblockable then I guess that makes up for the damage.

There's still a lot more to be shown, I'm sure. What we've seen is barely scratching the surface, but still...kind of underwhelmed.
If that's what you're looking for then I'll see you in the Kano threads!

It sounds like I'll be seeing you in the Kano threads if that's the kind of thing you like as Kano has multiple command grabs all 3 command grabs become unblockable, and Rib Breaker and Power Slam have armour dealing up to 25%
Unless you're already too loyal to Ferra/Torr

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
If that's what you're looking for then I'll see you in the Kano threads!

It sounds like I'll be seeing you in the Kano threads if that's the kind of thing you like as Kano has multiple command grabs all 3 command grabs become unblockable, and Rib Breaker and Power Slam have armour dealing up to 25%
Unless you're already too loyal to Ferra/Torr
I do have my eyes on Kano(and pretty much all the MKX grapplers), but honestly, there's too little known about Ferra/Torr right now to make a proper judgment. For all we know, they'll have sick grab setups and big damage combos. As I said before, we're really only scratching the surface with Ferra/Torr. We won't have a proper idea on how to play them until April 14th, and from there develop strategies.

I will say this though: there appears to be four main grapplers in MKX: Ferra/Torr, Kano(commando), and maybe Jax and Goro. I'm sure Goro will deal big damage, but if Ferra/Torr's grabs turn out to do the least damage despite Torr being a gorilla sized monster, then that will be disappointing. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.