What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Have they caught your interest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no general discussion thread for Ferra and Torr, so I made one. Have discussions about the otherworldly dwarf and troll.

A few things:
– "Otherworldly". They could be from the Realm of Chaos, like Havik.
– Poor Torr is the one to get savagely murdered in Fatalities.
– I think they are adorable.
Borth Majar.

The following is a biography from Amazon, with some minor adjustments for grammatical reasons:

The dual being known as Ferra & Torr are mysterious even to their closest allies. It is rumored that Torr and Ferra were Outworld citizens, captured and permanently tethered to each other by the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in the bowels of his Flesh Pits.
They're more likely members of a forgotten symbiotic race, in which the 'rider' bonds with a 'mount.' The rider, Ferra, serves as the de facto brains of the duo, while the hulking Torr is the muscle. It is possible that they communicate with each other telepathically, or that Ferra can actually understand Torr’s booming grunts.

Found roaming the Tarkatan Wastes by Kotal Kahn’s troops, Ferra and Torr were pressed into service as the Emperor’s personal bodyguards.

Last edited:

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
They look like Outworlders.

Borth Majar also.

I find Ferra annoying. They have not caught my interest.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Well I main Bane, Grundy and Doomsday so...

They seem more Bane than Grundy though. Kotal Kahn evokes the latter more, what with his chain throws and self-buffs. Everything I've seen of Ferra/Torr screams get-in-your-ass and armor-through-your-shit alá Bane.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I would think he rolls under projectiles and could have a hit of armor. To bad people don't demo ferra/torr in these new vids popping up. Hopefully someone that is part of the FERRA/TORR BROTHERHOOD uses them in that vegas demo show.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What are the properties of torr's roll? Is it projectile invincible?
Goes under projectiles, functions a lot like KF slide only more clumsy. Also has some interesting properties, notably a similarity to Bane's f.2.d in that it goes through the entire animation so its better when used from Max range because it'll be recovering while still maintaining a hitbox. However, upon my usage of it I found it can be parried, so you need to be careful against people like Commando Kano.

Outside of that, it has some trip guard and the hitbox is deceptively large. It can combo into more attacks, and I found some interesting tech (probably just an oversight) of using it like a tick throw because if you catch them at the end of your roll animation instead of standing and grabbing for some reason he goes directly into the grab (like one moment you're rolling and the next Ferra is giving them body shots)

I played a fair bit, so I can answer any FT based questions. They are my target main this time around, unless someone I like better gets released.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Goes under projectiles, functions a lot like KF slide only more clumsy. Also has some interesting properties, notably a similarity to Bane's f.2.d in that it goes through the entire animation so its better when used from Max range because it'll be recovering while still maintaining a hitbox. However, upon my usage of it I found it can be parried, so you need to be careful against people like Commando Kano.

Outside of that, it has some trip guard and the hitbox is deceptively large. It can combo into more attacks, and I found some interesting tech (probably just an oversight) of using it like a tick throw because if you catch them at the end of your roll animation instead of standing and grabbing for some reason he goes directly into the grab (like one moment you're rolling and the next Ferra is giving them body shots)

I played a fair bit, so I can answer any FT based questions. They are my target main this time around, unless someone I like better gets released.
Which variation did you favor?

I'm partial to Vicious. Not so much for reasons of gameplay, but I think it genuinely looks the coolest when Ferra and Torr are fighting together. I mean, Lackey seems fun, but it still removes the main schtick of the character. It's like Smoke having an e-cig variation where he just emits vapor.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I will say this, each one covers the others quite well (although I personally feel Lackey is a throw-away, it has its uses), and honestly someone shouldn't have too much trouble fighting anyone or anything with this character.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I will say this, each one covers the others quite well (although I personally feel Lackey is a throw-away, it has its uses), and honestly someone shouldn't have too much trouble fighting anyone or anything with this character.
Can you touch base on when the Vicious variation would be the go-to and why, please? Like, does having her as a projectile help mitigate an opponent's zoning ever so slightly, sort of in line with how mb Swamp Hands can for Grundy, or what? Thanks for sharing, btw.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Can you touch base on when the Vicious variation would be the go-to and why, please? Like, does having her as a projectile help mitigate an opponent's zoning ever so slightly, sort of in line with how mb Swamp Hands can for Grundy, or what? Thanks for sharing, btw.
Well for one, Ferra hits 3 times very very quickly, so believe it or not its great for cracking open portal quan chi when he goes for his armor (since Ferra doesn't count as a "real projectile" ala minigun). Its pretty good against characters who depend on certain zones to function well (ball raiden and sun beam Kotal, for example). It falls short on characters who use a lot of air-based projectiles (cassie) because if Torr gets tagged before Ferra hits them, it stops the toss. Also because the hitbox starts low and climbs, it takes longer to land on an airborn opponent. It works amazingly well on ground based opponents at mid/far range and doesn't fall too short up close.

So if you are fighting an opponent who bases their strategies around the idea of strong grounded zone control, viscous would probably be your best bet. Against people who control the air well, you'll have a hard time.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I was stuck between viscous and ruthless for a while, but my Bane roots said to take the damage boost.
Viscous is the one where torr turns into a jar of honey right?

In all seriousness I think I know the least about F/T of all the characters released so far which is pretty weird. I will definitely mess around with them but Kotal and sub are edging it out in terms of how bad ass they seem. How is their (his?) damage? Are they a pure grappler? A hybrid? What are the properties on his CM grab (if they have one?), or is it just straight damage? Movement wise how are they? Are they set-up based (can't imagine so), or is it more like bane/grundy with the insane corner game?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Viscous is the one where torr turns into a jar of honey right?

In all seriousness I think I know the least about F/T of all the characters released so far which is pretty weird. I will definitely mess around with them but Kotal and sub are edging it out in terms of how bad ass they seem. How is their (his?) damage? Are they a pure grappler? A hybrid? What are the properties on his CM grab (if they have one?), or is it just straight damage? Movement wise how are they? Are they set-up based (can't imagine so), or is it more like bane/grundy with the insane corner game?
Every question is dependent on which form you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.