What's new

General/Other - Erron Black (Old) Erron Black Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The man look like Harley Quinn but better. A little bit of death-stroke because of the rifle.

Noob
50%? I would not even go near that far. I'll give you Erron Black & Kung Jin as influences, as well as interactables playing a role. With that, I'd say 25%...if that.
No believe me its much more than that, its very well hidden but a lot more assets where reused.

You gotta use line breaks man, no one wants to read a wall of text.
Gotcha, still your quite free to not read any of my stuff, its up to you if a wall text of someones opinion is not relevant to you...

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
in a game run by mostly teleport based heroes, a character without one is already lacking, because you will spend most of the time in the defensive, does this bring Erron to mid tier, not necessarily, but it sure means that some of those teleport based chars will have some kind of an upper hand on him... i dunno how smooth or fast the frames are on those quickshots, but remembering what happened in injustice ( Deathstroke ) they wont be fast enouth, if they are fast enouth and thats a pretty big if ( sure hope so ) maybe and just maybe you can get a hit in before the frames of the teleport go off. but seeing scorpion/takeda/Mileena/ermac teleports, hope seems bleak... and in a game where projectiles dont clash, it makes situations even worse for him, seeing as characters like Sub Zero can trade with him and probably still come out on top...
Out of those tele-characters you named, Scorpion seems to be the only problem. He looks hella fast in this game and his hellfire has the potential to lock down people who are extra defensive.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
No believe me its much more than that, its very well hidden but a lot more assets where reused.

Gotcha, still your quite free to not read any of my stuff, its up to you if a wall text of someones opinion is not relevant to you...
If you are responding to somebody, a wall of text is still bad.

Noob
Out of those tele-characters you named, Scorpion seems to be the only problem. He looks hella fast in this game and his hellfire has the potential to lock down people who are extra defensive.
your probably right, scorpion was always quite powerfull in this teleports, im quite ok with Ermac and Kungjins teleports they seem to have very predictable frame windows, Still a bit worried of Mileena, it doesnt seem fast but in the middle of a heated match she can fall on your head quite fast, but well see

Noob
If you are responding to somebody, a wall of text is still bad.
lol honestly dude i get your point i really do, but i will type down as much as i feel its necessary to convey my opinion, be it a small line or a wall text, if ppl dont want to read it its prefectly fine, i dont force anyone to do so. nor will it make me mad or sad if ppl dont read my stuff.

Thats very comun in the industry, the reusage of assets not only saves money but its a very valuable strategy for the gaming market, and its exacly everything thats wrong with it at the same time... MKX is 50% reskinned injustice and believe it, it works and it will sell because its something ppl are familiar with and like it or not ppl enjoy stuff thats familiar and proven it works...
i dont care if they rework stuff that was in injustice to bring more variety into MKX, as long as its done well and not just a copy/paste job (which it doesnt seem to be). you cant re-invent the wheel every time.

Um.

Wait a second.

I think I just noticed something.

Erron Black does not have a regular, straight, normal revolver shot projectile.

The closest he has is the gunslinger stance into retreat shot.

That's a really odd design choice...

Unless I missed something.
and two anti-air specials that do the same in gunslinger

Noob
i dont care if they rework stuff that was in injustice to bring more variety into MKX, as long as its done well and not just a copy/paste job (which it doesnt seem to be). you cant re-invent the wheel every time.
Dont get me wrong i totally agree, and props to them, as they seem to have learned frm their mistakes with injustice and MK9, and i believe this will be a much better game for what its worth. The re use of Assets its not a bad thing if they are to be used as templates for new stuff, like you said not a copy/paste job is what every game should aim to do, unfortunally thats clearly not the case with some games, but i digress.

Erron's best zoning tool is definitely going to be the caltops, it shuts down one approach down completely and forces them to try and jump over it/commit to a move like a teleport.

I also think his sand grenade is going to be really good, but not for zoning; I'm imaging situations in which you finish a combo and drop a grenade on their wakeup. That'll takes away backdashing on wakeup as an option and the fear of the MB force them to block or try to wake-up through it (if that's possible).

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Yeah he looks to be all about the caltrops. There's some awesome synergistic potential there with stand off stance, coin toss, sand tackle and slide.

Very excited to get my hands on him.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Marksman's rifle and caltrops sound like nice mix. For jump attempts he has pretty fast anti-air. For teleporters though there might be no safe way out unless this rifle upper cut is fast enough.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Um.

Wait a second.

I think I just noticed something.

Erron Black does not have a regular, straight, normal revolver shot projectile.

The closest he has is the gunslinger stance into retreat shot.

That's a really odd design choice...

Unless I missed something.
THATS WHAT IM SAYIN!!!

There was the move where he kicks the hammer of his pistol from his hip and it fires a single (normal projectile), not sure if that is a mid combo move, or special.. If I had to guess, it would be the combo specific.

THATS WHAT IM SAYIN!!!

There was the move where he kicks the hammer of his pistol from his hip and it fires a single (normal projectile), not sure if that is a mid combo move, or special.. If I had to guess, it would be the combo specific.
ist part of the string, they said it

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Erron's best zoning tool is definitely going to be the caltops, it shuts down one approach down completely and forces them to try and jump over it/commit to a move like a teleport.

I also think his sand grenade is going to be really good, but not for zoning; I'm imaging situations in which you finish a combo and drop a grenade on their wakeup. That'll takes away backdashing on wakeup as an option and the fear of the MB force them to block or try to wake-up through it (if that's possible).
I don't think it stops dashes, at least, they didn't mention it. Plus it doesn't take away the ground approach, just slightly discourage.

I don't think it stops dashes, at least, they didn't mention it. Plus it doesn't take away the ground approach, just slightly discourage.
Dashing not being cancelable leads to him either stuffing the dash (which I'm certain will be huge for Outlaw, considering he gets sword normals) or being able to pressure the opponent as soon as they recover, and moves like his slide and command grab put you a good distance away from him. Gunslinger's coin shot having 3 different trajectories should also help discourage dash-ins. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if caltrops into rifle unload is a viable tactic.

He seems like he has pretty good tools vs the grounded approach, which is probably why everyone's so fearful of stuff like teleporters or Spectral Ermac who can just float over everything. I could end up being wrong at the end of the day, none of us has had our hands on the game yet, but he SEEMS really good at forcing you to get in by other means instead of running (we're definitely going to see people running like crazy in the beginning of this game's life).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Marksman's rifle and caltrops sound like nice mix. For jump attempts he has pretty fast anti-air. For teleporters though there might be no safe way out unless this rifle upper cut is fast enough.
The only teleports that would be worrysome are ones that arent actual attacks(Raiden's for example). Even then, if you read those you can almost always land a poke for pressure or backdash. Those kinds of teleports are actually way worse for rushdown characters since they can teleport in between strings and have a get out of pressure free card(of sorts).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The only teleports that would be worrysome are ones that arent actual attacks(Raiden's for example). Even then, if you read those you can almost always land a poke for pressure or backdash. Those kinds of teleports are actually way worse for rushdown characters since they can teleport in between strings and have a get out of pressure free card(of sorts).
It's actually not "those kind of teleports", it just happened that Raiden's tp in MK9 was the only one to not being an attack and having invulnerability frames on startup at the same time.
We kind of don't know whether it will be the case for different non-attack teleports in MKX.

Status
Not open for further replies.