What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage (Old) Cassie Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I think she looks interesting I want to see more of her. Do we even know what her variation differences are? I mean we got explanations for F/T, D'vorah, and Kotal but not her. Or am I missing them

I think she looks interesting I want to see more of her. Do we even know what her variation differences are? I mean we got explanations for F/T, D'vorah, and Kotal but not her. Or am I missing them
brawler has air throw (ex version allows for a juggle followup) and military stance-esque stuff. Visual difference is green glowing hands.

hollywood has air pistol shots and nutpunch. Visual difference is the shades. EDIT: now that I think about it.... have we seen anything about the actual nutpunch move itself? I've only seen the X-Ray that has the nutpunch in it.

spec ops has a taunt and missiles with similar placement options as moves like Raven's pillars. Dunno the visual difference.

could be wrong about brawler, since thats literally the one variation we've seen the least of (or rather, the least I've seen).

Last edited:
Guys. I have never played a character in a fighting game that has a super fast high projectile that seems to recover quickly like Cassie's standing gunshot. Is that basically just a full screen check if I feel movement? How am I supposed to use it?

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Guys. I have never played a character in a fighting game that has a super fast high projectile that seems to recover quickly like Cassie's standing gunshot. Is that basically just a full screen check if I feel movement? How am I supposed to use it?
I use it to check movement/trade hits from zoners if I'm at a good enough life lead.

It's also nice to see how your opponent reacts to it, e.g. sub might throw out a random slide to go under it and hit you so he might wait for it to come out which lets you backdash even more/coming in closer easier or block a slide and punish.

Just a real quick refresher, because early on I wanted to avoid as much MKX as possible so I wouldn't get too hyped.

Hollywood adds Air Akimbo and nutcracker. Air Akimbo is the jump in the air and shoot move. Have we seen her do nutcracker yet?

Brawler adds air power slam and take down. Have we seen any of those yet?

Spec ops adds air assault and the American way. I assume air assault are the missiles that come from the sky. Have we seen the American way yet?

@Espio

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I wonder if Cassie Cage will have gun cancels with her Akimbo pistol, I really hope so and her newly showcased strings look amazing as they focus primarily on her baton attacks/flips so more ranged attacks is always awesome, reminds me of Stryker's strings, but more flashy and acrobatic.

Can be seen here:

2:43 and 3:36

Just a real quick refresher, because early on I wanted to avoid as much MKX as possible so I wouldn't get too hyped.

Hollywood adds Air Akimbo and nutcracker. Air Akimbo is the jump in the air and shoot move. Have we seen her do nutcracker yet?

Brawler adds air power slam and take down. Have we seen any of those yet?

Spec ops adds air assault and the American way. I assume air assault are the missiles that come from the sky. Have we seen the American way yet?

@Espio

I've seen several videos of Hollywood variation, haven't seen anybody do the nutcracker special move still surprisingly. I can only hope her nutcracker looks identical to her x-ray version of the nutpunch, which is pretty identical to the classic Cage one animation wise.

Her x-ray animation (I don't see why nutcracker would have a different animation from the x-ray nut punch, but who knows for sure)

I believe Brawler's take down is similar to Sonya's military stance where she jumps on you and hits you. Air power slam I'm assuming is the air leg grab, which is reminiscent of Mortal Kombat 9 Sonya's air grab, looks good.

Brawler showcased in first match.

The variation descriptions are spot on. I'm not sure if I've seen American way or not. The air misslea are air assault in spec ops and from what I can tell the Ex version has homing properties. I wonder if for the regular version allows you to place it close, mid, far like Shang Tsung fireballs or Martian Mannhunter and Raven's pillars.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Hehateme

Noob
Somebody on MKO translated some of her dialogue from the Brazilian voice actor.
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=154735
FIRST OF ALL CASSIE'S LINES ARE FUCKIN AWESOME

"Never talk to me again, you bunch of crap"
"I make violence look pretty"
"Suck that!"
"So, have you ever heard about the bitch slapping?"
"You know what's funny? Your face"
"You should rethink your life"
"He send me to kick your ass"
"Stay away from my mother!"
"You have no idea"
"Now it's my dad's" (couldn't get this one clearly, I guess she meant now it belongs to him, whatever it is)

(that's kinda the translation of Portuguese-English thing, things may not be the same in the US/EU version of the game, obviously)

Famous brazilian singer, Pitty, who says she is an old MK fan herself, was invited to voice act Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X. Both Cassie and Pitty have strong personalities, so it might work for her. In the article that you can see here (in portuguese), she hints Jax through the dialogue.

"Are you okay, uncle Jax? Your articulations are clicking" (snapping, cracking, idk the right word)

Also, Pitty says that she felt like Cassie was romantically interested in some guy. But idk if we should take this seriously, you guys decide.
She's got some lip. :p
..and yeah Jax hint!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Somebody on MKO translated some of her dialogue from the Brazilian voice actor.
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=154735
FIRST OF ALL CASSIE'S LINES ARE FUCKIN AWESOME

"Never talk to me again, you bunch of crap"
"I make violence look pretty"
"Suck that!"
"So, have you ever heard about the bitch slapping?"
"You know what's funny? Your face"
"You should rethink your life"
"He send me to kick your ass"
"Stay away from my mother!"
"You have no idea"
"Now it's my dad's" (couldn't get this one clearly, I guess she meant now it belongs to him, whatever it is)

(that's kinda the translation of Portuguese-English thing, things may not be the same in the US/EU version of the game, obviously)

Famous brazilian singer, Pitty, who says she is an old MK fan herself, was invited to voice act Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X. Both Cassie and Pitty have strong personalities, so it might work for her. In the article that you can see here (in portuguese), she hints Jax through the dialogue.

"Are you okay, uncle Jax? Your articulations are clicking" (snapping, cracking, idk the right word)

Also, Pitty says that she felt like Cassie was romantically interested in some guy. But idk if we should take this seriously, you guys decide.
She's got some lip. :p
..and yeah Jax hint!
Make this into a thread! :O

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
When I saw thread tittle "Lick the gun" i thought to my self " whoever came with this kind of line must've been a FemDom" or at least had something to do with it Ha Ha Ha !

Status
Not open for further replies.