What's new

Netherrealm MKX Interview on Mk Wiki+ Cassie Cage Dialogue Revealed via Brazilian Voice Actor (Jax?)

Dark

Noob
I take none of the credit for finding or deciphering any of this, I found everything on other forums.

A group on MK Wiki had a chance to interview Netherrealm and play a bit of Mortal Kombat X. You can see their thoughts about the game and Netherrealm's answers here: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Pseudobread/NetherRealm_Studios_MKX_Interview_Answers

Next there was a video posted on WB Games Brasil's Facebook page that featured the voice actor for Cassie Cage saying quite a few lines. You can see the video here:

There is also an article talking about the voice actor, Cantora Pitty, and her character; Cassie. She references Johnny Cage among others fighting with and against the new generation. You can read the article here: http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/noticias/cantora-pitty-dublar-cassie-cage-filha-johnny-cage-mk-10_803319.htm

Here is what people on other forums have deciphered from the video:

"Never talk to me again, you bunch of crap"
"I make violence look pretty"
"Suck that!"
"So, have you ever heard about the b***h slapping?"
"You know what's funny? Your face"
"You should rethink your life"
"He send me to kick your ass"
"Stay away from my mother!"
"You have no idea"
"Now it's my dad's" (Most agree it's actually something like "It was my dad's")
(that's kinda the translation of Portuguese-English thing, things may not be the same in the US/EU version of the game, obviously)
Famous brazilian singer, Pitty, who says she is an old MK fan herself, was invited to voice act Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X. Both Cassie and Pitty have strong personalities, so it might work for her. In the article that you can see here (in portuguese), she hints Jax through the dialogue.
"Are you okay, uncle Jax? Your articulations are clicking" (snapping, cracking, idk the right word)
Also, Pitty says that she felt like Cassie was romantically interested in some guy. But idk if we should take this seriously, you guys decide.

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Romantically interested huh? Maybe it's Takeda. :rolleyes:
Thats also my thought. Cassie and Takeda to kick some ass.

It looks like we have to choose our faction every week new.
So no big "omg what i gonna choose" pressure and you can be part of every faction at some point.:)

Also the Jax dialogue sounds more like a fight intro than story dialogue.
It was obvious after the tower picture that Jax is playable in the game but this the tip of the "confirmed"-iceberg for me.
Just show us Jax on thursday NRS. Stop hiding the obvious.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Quote from the wikia article: "Should your faction win, you'll receive both temporary and permanent rewards, including faction specific fatalities."

So that mean the "faction kill" was the true new -ality?

Edit: "Character variations will not be customizable."

:(

Btw, Johnny & Jax confirmed :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
Yeah I can see that. Her voice looks cool in the game in portuguese. I hope it's not like most of the voices of Injustice. The translation of Injustice kinda sucks in portuguese for some characters.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
As a brazilian, I think her voice acting for Cassie will be terrible. The mild language in the translation is facepalm-able and her voice just doesn't suit the character. That accent... eww. She received a lot of negative feedback from us brazilian fans.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
As a brazilian, I think her voice acting for Cassie will be terrible. The mild language in the translation is facepalm-able and her voice just doesn't suit the character. That accent... eww. She received a lot of negative feedback from us brazilian fans.
I'm not even brazilian but after hear her voice I wasn't convinced at all. I woudn't mind another female char but for Cassie she doesn't fit.

Error

DF2+R2
Yeah, I thought it was dumb how they changed things from "kick your ass" to "kick your butt" when it's an M rated game, and Pitty's voice would probably fit Sindel more than Cassie, her voice is really deep.

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Yeah, I thought it was dumb how they changed things from "kick your ass" to "kick your butt" when it's an M rated game, and Pitty's voice would probably fit Sindel more than Cassie, her voice is really deep.
Exactly! Cassie looks like a 22 year old girl, the voice actor's voice should sound young to fit the character.

Btw, are you brazilian?

Error

DF2+R2
Nice to see a fellow compatriot around here! I bet your Portuguese is nowhere near as fluent as 8 years ago. Am I wrong? :)
Not at all, I'm thinking of getting some books and reteaching myself when I have time.

hate the brazillian accent... I dunno it makes women sound manlier.
I like it, high pitched voices annoy the hell out of me. Just wait until you hear a Portuguese accent.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Not at all, I'm thinking of getting some books and reteaching myself when I have time.

I like it, high pitched voices annoy the hell out of me. Just wait until you hear a Portuguese accent.
well... being portuguese myself I kinda have to hear them every day. And excluding for our north accent, our women sound feminine.

Makes a shitload of difference in bed too. More often than not, hearing brazillian women go "oin oin"... kinda ruins it for me.

Error

DF2+R2
well... being portuguese myself I kinda have to hear them every day. And excluding for our north accent, our women sound feminine.

Makes a shitload of difference in bed too. More often than not, hearing brazillian women go "oin oin"... kinda ruins it for me.
Oh, LOL. What a hilarious coincidence. Sorry, but there's a lot of Portuguese people around where I live and the accent ranges from rough to very abrasive on the ears, comparable to Eastern European accents.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Oh, LOL. What a hilarious coincidence. Sorry, but there's a lot of Portuguese people around where I live and the accent ranges from rough to very abrasive on the ears, comparable to Eastern European accents.

different tastes I guess