What's new

Okay Mileena Players, Justify this too me.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I don't understand. If you block U4, Mileena has massive frame advantage. Unless you meant crouch blocking, and you see her do the kick and then you go for a cross up jk?
I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought. My strategy says this:

Bait Mileena into the U4. Mileena players will more often than not do 2 U4 kicks in a row because they believe at the moment of input on the 2nd kick that their first one has already hit (remember, crouch blocking baits U4 up close). Even the best Mileena players I've fought need to learn to adapt to this strategy, and most of them aren't sure what to do if they manage to avoid the crossover-JK.

So to answer you, BBB, whether or not Mileena has frame advantage on this move is a moot point. The bait induces 2 U4's in a row, guaranteeing a successful crossover-JK.

cyke_out

Noob
who would do 2 U4 in a row if the first one was blocked. you have plenty of time.... plenty of time, to hit confirm the first U4, so if it was blocked go into a 4,2 block string or a something.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream

Bait Mileena into the U4. Mileena players will more often than not do 2 U4 kicks in a row because they believe at the moment of input on the 2nd kick that their first one has already hit (remember, crouch blocking baits U4 up close). Even the best Mileena players I've fought need to learn to adapt to this strategy, and most of them aren't sure what to do if they manage to avoid the crossover-JK.

So to answer you, BBB, whether or not Mileena has frame advantage on this move is a moot point. The bait induces 2 U4's in a row, guaranteeing a successful crossover-JK.
Yeah, careful with that. U4xx4,2 is a frametrap and 4,2 will lead to other ~30% combos. To clarify, my "yep" just meant that U4 is easily baited.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah, careful with that. U4xx4,2 is a frametrap and 4,2 will lead to other ~30% combos. To clarify, my "yep" just meant that U4 is easily baited.
I agree. And to be clear, my strategies are never "this always works every time on everybody". Adaptation is first and foremost in any fighting game.

Her having frame advantage is not a moot point. If she does U4, and then 42 like she should be, you'll be anti aired for 31% for trying to go for a cross up jk.

There's more than enough time to react once U4 hits, there's no reason to use it twice just because you see your opponent is blocking low.

Creepy00

Noob
You guys find it fair that Mileena Ex Telekick if Duck block can be beaten by a D1 :(
I know i can link to air sais to still add pressure, but it should be safe on its own.

Her B3 En roll requires her to be right next to the opponent, otherwise it completely whiffs.
It also fails about 30% of the time for me, even if they are crouching when I EN Roll. :\ Not sure if it's just lag or what, but it's happened on multiple occasions.

Sasuga

Noob
I need to learn to use that. I'm one of those players who does U4 twice because of muscle memory :( Gets punished every time.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
You guys find it fair that Mileena Ex Telekick if Duck block can be beaten by a D1 :(
I know i can link to air sais to still add pressure, but it should be safe on its own.
It can be beaten by uppercuts too. Its fine the way it is though other ex teleports are still punishable by full combo's and especially one as good as telekick it's already very fast and safe on stand block I don't think it needs to be changed.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Wait, wait. Am I seeing a Kitana player bitching about Mileena's D4? When Kitana's D1 has almost the same range, has faster startup AND recovery? Oh TYM, you know how to make me smile.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
It also fails about 30% of the time for me, even if they are crouching when I EN Roll. :\ Not sure if it's just lag or what, but it's happened on multiple occasions.
It's probably because they fuzzy guarded. It's not like in Street Fighter where the animation to transition from crouch block to high block is instant. In MK it takes several frames to animate but the game engine registers the block much sooner. That's why it can look like people are blocking lows high, etc.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
What exactly is the best way for this? Its hit and miss for me to be honest. Sorry to high-jack. :)
If you're fighting Mileena, the only thing that's hard to react to (especially online) is her B3, so in order to fuzzy guard her effectively, you ALWAYS want to block low and then quickly block high when you see her starting the U4 overhead. That's all fuzzy guarding is - if a move's startup is slow enough to allow you to transition from low to high block on reaction or vice versa, then it's fuzzy guardable.

Somberness

Lights
It's probably because they fuzzy guarded. It's not like in Street Fighter where the animation to transition from crouch block to high block is instant. In MK it takes several frames to animate but the game engine registers the block much sooner. That's why it can look like people are blocking lows high, etc.
The block stun after b3 is enough to keep to opponent in a crouch block animation. It's impossible to have a character be in a standing block animation after a close b3~:en roll, that's just how the game's animation system works. It's also how block infinites are possible with high starters. Blocking technique does not matter in regards to block stun.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
You're right, I didn't think about that before I replied. Good catch. So effectively B3, enhanced ball is guaranteed to hit no matter what? I could have sworn I've been fuzzyguarded on that though. I'll test it later today.

Somberness

Lights
The game is still registering whether you are pressing down when blocking. I don't believe anything but Sheeva's low grab defies this rule (if a string jails you in crouch, you won't able to avoid the grab no matter what). And that's a good thing. :p

You can make say, a Jade shadow kick at the end of string miss if you block a string starting in crouch block even if you are not pressing down at the end. But, the string would have to jail you in crouch block for that to work.

The animation delay can show up even outside of block stun situations, during the animation transition.

edit: I forgot Jade's SK still hits crouch block, but you get the point!

I play Mileena all the time. I'm not good, but I play her all the time and I promise you the ball roll can be blocked by a standing blocked. If it didn't I would win way more than I currently do.

dont cry about d4 its easy to punish if you're not a retarded monkey. how!?!?

see this thread

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?9770-Punishing-d-4

im tired of people crying over Mileenas d4 no one complained about it till after REO took her to EVO and used it. boo hoo he showed people she can do 3% damage as a poke! oh whats that it lowers her hit box too? NERF NERF SHES OP SHE NEEDS A NERF we all thought she was low teir but now that REO placed well with her SHES OP NERF HER.

end of rage :D

(sorry i cant stand people who whine about down 4)
win.