What's new

Okay Mileena Players, Justify this too me.

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
I'm not normally one to complain, and when I do I generally like to do it in a constructive and polite manner. I was playing a decent Mileena player earlier from Gamefaqs. The matchup was Nightwolf Vs. Mileena. I just want to start by saying all the matches we had were pretty competitive and I did in fact win some, and he won some as well. I did however notice something about Mil that made me think "What the fuck? That shit is overpowered."

The thing in question is the fact that there is no safe block against Mileena. I know that there really is no such thing as a safe block in the game as every character has a sweep and at least one overhead. But Mil can literally do a full combo (consisting of at least 30%) from any block position I may hold. She has that vicious overhead (D+4 I think) which makes crouch blocking absolutely worthless. The other is her ball. Now let me take a moment here. I could have sworn up and down that the ball hit high (despite being low) like Nightwolf's F+3. Either this was changed at a later time and it now hits low, or I was experiencing some ridiculous lag that tricked me into thinking it was what was giving him a full combo when I blocked high. (which if that is the case, then I apologize for this waste of time) If I am right though, and she can start a full combo from either blocking position then I pose the question "Isn't that a little overpowered?" Most characters either have 1 overhead or 1 low combo starter (the only other one I know of with 2 is Kang) For instance Nightwolf only has overhead combo starters, The only low he can do is a sweep. And Kabal only has 1 low combo starter 1,1,B+4 breaks high guards (yes I know tornado slam hits overhead but you can't combo off of it). Other have 0 block combo starters See: Reptile.

I just feel like having both a high and low combo starter is a bit much. But since they are probably not going to change anything (and maybe they shouldn't because I'm not a Mileena player and I haven't done all the research to know for sure) does anybody have any tips when playing against Mil to help me avoid eating a full combo whenever my op feels like feeding me one?

My general strategy earlier (and what one me a few) was generally being more aggressive than her, this is a 50/50 game though because I can be super aggressive until she gets a wakeup then I have to guard or eat a teleport.

Creepy00

Noob
Mileena is a mix up characters, and like all of them, they ve High or low combo starters for pressure. However, they take more risks than the other play styles.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
That' seriously, all you have to say? Then how am I eating full combos from a high guard?
Sorry man got caught up doing something. Also im not real sure about the nightwolf vs mileena matchup. Just wanted to give you the information that the ball hits mid. If your blocking high there should be no reason for eating a full combo. Perhaps it was button lag?

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
your blocking wrong or your letting her b3 to roll you. roll only hits low on parrys other wise you can block high and be safe.

Is it B+3 that is the overhead leg slam? I've seen them do this into ball/whatever full combo they want.

But I swear to you. I was aware and quite wise to the overheads. I stopped blocking low almost immediately. I was getting combo'd from a standing guard position. Which is why I was irritated because I'm going to have to block against any decent Mileena at some point.

redeyes

Button Masher
Is it B+3 that is the overhead leg slam? I've seen them do this into ball/whatever full combo they want.

But I swear to you. I was aware and quite wise to the overheads. I stopped blocking low almost immediately. I was getting combo'd from a standing guard position. Which is why I was irritated because I'm going to have to block against any decent Mileena at some point.
no u+4 is her over head. b+3 is a leg poke that you can cancel into a roll.

HadesWTF

Don't Hate!
Either that or my R2 button is broken. (which there is a possibility of because I was having trouble EXing specials earlier)

I guess it may have just been some kind of weird lag. Which makes me feel dumb because I was swearing up and down Mileena was Kang 2.0

Either way, if someone could offer some tips on the matchup, I could go in with a slight advantage next time.

Wait.....so this is a low poke that cancels into a roll which can be used for a full combo?
Yes.

Imo, on knockdown / off a jump in punch it's best to block low. If she does her overhead which is easy to react to, block high or poke her out of it into special move. If she does anything else, get ready to tech a throw and block low. If she does her B3, block high, and from there if she didn't do her en roll which hits medium, block low again since she's probably going into the second part of the string which hits low. From there, she's at a disadvantage. Throw her or do a D1.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
NW is 6-4 on Mileena

when i get some videos recorded my mil vs his NW ill pm you them to help

its VERY winnable for NW

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This is why I hate fighting Mileena. She always has an option. Even if you consistently block properly, d4 all day.

Edit: Who else has low and overhead starters? I know some might have lows and overheads in the combo, but none come to mind that have the option of starting with a low or overhead.

NW is 6-4 on Mileena

when i get some videos recorded my mil vs his NW ill pm you them to help

its VERY winnable for NW
When NW does 1221 on block, does his F3 stuff her D4?

This is why I hate fighting Mileena. She always has an option. Even if you consistently block properly, d4 all day.
? D4 Does 0 Chip damage, so if you're blocking properly there's no issue.

redeyes

Button Masher
dont cry about d4 its easy to punish if you're not a retarded monkey. how!?!?

see this thread

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?9770-Punishing-d-4

im tired of people crying over Mileenas d4 no one complained about it till after REO took her to EVO and used it. boo hoo he showed people she can do 3% damage as a poke! oh whats that it lowers her hit box too? NERF NERF SHES OP SHE NEEDS A NERF we all thought she was low teir but now that REO placed well with her SHES OP NERF HER.

end of rage :D

(sorry i cant stand people who whine about down 4)