What's new

Ok what's up with System Requirements?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I don't see the big deal. It's 2015 and games are becoming more demanding. I just wanna know if the in house NRS team is making the PC version or if it's gonna be a port.

Raider

Noob
Sounds like someone has a shitty setup imo...

These specs look fine to me..
Then you are hearing it wrong.
Clean your ears.

I repeat there is NO WAY that 2.5D game that looks like MKX requires 8GB of RAM and i7! I repeat no way!

And i am not saying this because i have shitty PC. I have pretty good PC just this is silly!

Look at MK9 SR:

Minimum:

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz | AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz or better

Memory:2 GB RAM

Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS | AMD Radeon 3850 or better

DirectX®:10

Hard Drive:10 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.
Recommended:

Processor:Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4GHz or better

Memory:4 GB RAM

Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better

DirectX®:11

Hard Drive:10 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.

And game worked in LOCKED 60FPS without any drops in 1080p on my old PC.
It was i3, 6850 and 8GB of RAM.

Bye

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Then you are hearing it wrong.
Clean your ears.

I repeat there is NO WAY that 2.5D game that looks like MKX requires 8GB of RAM and i7! I repeat no way!
Can you read? You're right, there is no way MKX requires an i7 and 8GB of RAM because it doesn't. You keep parroting the recommended specs as "required". The MINIMUM specs say an i5 WITH 3GB OF RAM. RECOMMENDED =/= REQUIRED.

Stop talking like you know what you're talking about, you clearly don't have a clue.

Raider

Noob
Can you read? You're right, there is no way MKX requires an i7 and 8GB of RAM because it doesn't. You keep parroting the recommended specs as "required". The MINIMUM specs say an i5 WITH 3GB OF RAM. RECOMMENDED =/= REQUIRED.

Stop talking like you know what you're talking about, you clearly don't have a clue.
Are you so stupid? Do you know what SR are actually?? And how does it work?

Minimum is basically to run the game on low-med setting. Actually it should be like that.
Recommended is Ultra or highest settings in 60fps.

Do you know how much difference i7 from recommended makes compared to i5 from minimum in games??

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How about you stop complaining.

You want to play MKX, you can apparently run it. Who cares if it's too much for the quality you're receiving?

Can you run it? Yes? Shut up.

Can you run it? No? Shut up.

Raider

Noob
How about you stop complaining.

You want to play MKX, you can apparently run it. Who cares if it's too much for the quality you're receiving?

Can you run it? Yes? Shut up.

Can you run it? No? Shut up.
It's not about running it. I know i can run it on Ultra settings and 60fps. Problem is wrong SR... Again.

Immortal

Blind justice....
But MK9 is so poorly optimised on pc ;.;
No clue what you're talking about. Hardware optimization is more then fine, it runs flawlessly on PC from like 6 years ago. :) If you mean online, it's exactly the same netcode as on consoles, p2p nothing else.

aj1701

Noob
Not for a game that looks like MKX!
I built my current desktop in 2009. Except for the graphics card, I'm pretty much at the recommended level already. I have a Phenom II X4 945, 12GB (admittedly I've added 4GB twice since I bought it, but not for a few years now), 750GB drive. Only thing I don't meet is the graphics which is a GTX 275, and I could put in a new one that is two generations past the recommended for around $200.

So again, these requirements are very low.

Noob
@Raider we get it, you obviously don't like the posted specs for minimum and recommended settings, even though your PC can run the game anyway.

So I have a question, since we know you don't like the SR that are posted, what more do you have to add other than argue with people about the SR? If it's nothing and just arguing with people, then it's time to close the thread.

Raider

Noob
@Raider we get it, you obviously don't like the posted specs for minimum and recommended settings, even though your PC can run the game anyway.

So I have a question, since we know you don't like the SR that are posted, what more do you have to add other than argue with people about the SR? If it's nothing and just arguing with people, then it's time to close the thread.
I agree, close it.
I was just trying to say that they are wrong and that i7 and 8GB RAM can't be recommended for this game.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
taken from IGN:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
I was pretty sure that there was no chance that my TI 750 to run it.
Considering that my low budget PC will run it(in theory) I say they did a pretty good job.
gtx 460 has a dedicated 1 gb, I assume that's the minimum for GPU if you want to run it.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
No clue what you're talking about. Hardware optimization is more then fine, it runs flawlessly on PC from like 6 years ago. :) If you mean online, it's exactly the same netcode as on consoles, p2p nothing else.
My computer can run Evolve silky smooth, but MK9 will give me random performance problems, on top of certain stages like the courtyard to sometimes give my PC a heart attack.

It is very much not well optimised. Don't even get me started on its backwards matchmaking system.