What's new

Ok what's up with System Requirements?

Raider

Noob
i5 minimum? i7 recommended??
8GB RAM recommended?
25GB space minimum but 40GB recommended??

Who wrote this trash??

System requirements are pretty much a crock of shit lately, since the new consoles dropped. Don't worry too much about it. I imagine if you have a decent quad core processor (Anything since second gen i5/i7) and at least 4 GB of RAM, you'll be fine. File size, i don't know. I don't see how you can have a minimum and recommended for that considering the file size doesn't fucking change.

Anyway, this game is running on a modified Unreal Engine 3. If you had no problems running MK9, then MKX shouldn't be too much harder.

Also, where the hell are you reading this and it doesn't even recommend a damn GPU?

Raider

Noob
I really hope it's mistake because it CAN'T be 25 minimum but 40GB recommended! Lmfao so silly!

Also i7 and 8GB for a UE3 game?? Aaaaaaahahahahahahaha

Crap port or wrong specs, but MK9 ones were COMPLETELY wrong and game was running great on half of the recommended. So this must be BS all over again.

Raider

Noob
System requirements are pretty much a crock of shit lately, since the new consoles dropped. Don't worry too much about it. I imagine if you have a decent quad core processor (Anything since second gen i5/i7) and at least 4 GB of RAM, you'll be fine. File size, i don't know. I don't see how you can have a minimum and recommended for that considering the file size doesn't fucking change.

Anyway, this game is running on a modified Unreal Engine 3. If you had no problems running MK9, then MKX shouldn't be too much harder.

Also, where the hell are you reading this and it doesn't even recommend a damn GPU?
They are! Radeon 7950!! Lol

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307780/

AssassiN

Noob
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
    • Memory: 3 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 40 GB available space
That's what he's referring to.
Also, why are people assuming that it's only an UE3 game so it shouldn't be a heavy game?
They have heavily modified the engine and added their own improvements.
Didn't think the requirements wouldn't be this heavy though. So I'm doubting whether or not it's a decent port.

The varying hard drive space is weird.

The difference between the minimum and the recommended specs is pretty fuckin massive. Nobody should worry unless you're still running a core-2-duo and 1 GB of DDR2 or some shit

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I really hope it's mistake because it CAN'T be 25 minimum but 40GB recommended! Lmfao so silly!

Also i7 and 8GB for a UE3 game?? Aaaaaaahahahahahahaha

Crap port or wrong specs, but MK9 ones were COMPLETELY wrong and game was running great on half of the recommended. So this must be BS all over again.
Injustice took 20 GB.
MKX taking 25 GB is perfectly possible.

MK9 was thankfully patched after about a year (lol) which make it much easier on the hardware.
Injustice is still extremely heavy on the hardware even with their recommended specs.
They might be setting these specs just in case.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
As long as you do not turn on all the eye candy on a mid range build 720p @60fps should be not hard to achieve.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Nothing wrong with min. req. GeForce GTX 460 is like 4 generations old, same goes for Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz. Recommended for a 2015 game on PC are also fine. Nothing really that crazy. I expect to run it at rock steady 60 fps@1080p with all possible eye-candy turned on.

Raider

Noob
Actually i have pretty good PC.
i5-R9 280x-8GB RAM

And sure i will run this on Ultra and in 60fps on my FHD monitor.

I was just asking who wrote this crap and posted it on Steam??

It's a 2.5D, UE3 game! There is NO WAY it requires i7, 8GB of RAM and 7950! No way.
But as i said it must be mistake or like with MK9 just BS SR.

Last edited:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Minimum specs for this are lower than recommended specs for Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection so I think we're safe.

EDIT: And that's probably because this is all Unreal engine. You'll see a lot of almost identical info in specs for different games running the same engine. This is probably a very safe set of specs considering the load of the game.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
There is absolutely nothing wrong with those specs. The minimum specs are on 2-4 year old mid-range hardware and the recommended GPU is an entry-level card that's 3 generations old.

The only people who could complain about these specs are those who expect to max out a new game running 5+ year old toaster-tier hardware or wanting to play this on their shitty gaming laptop. Seriously, upgrade your rig if these specs are a problem for you because they're shockingly low considering how ridiculous AAA PC port specs have been. Also, people complaining about 8GB of RAM for recommended? lol. The minimum is 3GB! My grandmother has more RAM than that and she's dead.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Actually i have pretty good PC.
i5-R9 280x-8GB RAM

And sure i will run this on Ultra and in 60fps on my FHD monitor.

I was just asking who wrote this crap and posted it on Steam??

It's a 2.5D, UE3 game! There is NO WAY it requires i7, 8GB of RAM and 7950! No way.
But as i said it must be mistake or like with MK9 just BS SR.
2.5D, UE3 or not, when I tried out MKX at my local comic-con a few months back, the textures were pretty damn impressive. Youtube footage doesn't do it close to justice IMO. I also suspect the estimated requirements are bloated out of proportion but the type of game it is shouldn't mean anything.

Also, you have to remember, having a game run at 60FPS locked is a foreign premise to all these "cinematic experience" apologist programmers these days. :16Bit

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
People run machines without an i7, ancient GPUs, and sub 8GB of RAM?

I revoke your Master Race card.