What's new

ok, so MKA is terrible

RayRokka

Noob
I could get into it more deeply but I will start a thread here.

0% innovation, Ed is still playing catch up with the rest of the fighters out there.

Parries? What for? Nothing is safe and you can punish on block anyway. No frame advantage or hit properties. AGAIN.

This game could have easily been made with 4 buttons instead of 7.

Do mids even matter?

The jumpkick game has horrible collision detection.

Still no rushdown or any kind of advancing game at all.

No throw escapes? WTF.

Still no 3D/Horizontal attacks...everything is still on the same axis.

I would luh to cancel combos into specials...that alone would make this game a million times better. Imagine it folks canceling into specials. It's almot as if Ed doesnt play any other fighters at all and just yanks the shit out of his ass. He claims to be a Tekken fan but he has no clue what makes tekken good. Tekken is way more accessible than this game.

You know what would be sweet? If Ed didnt intentionally cripple the game because he cant think of a way to balance it properly.

I appreciate the effort...but as usal Ed put gameplay dead last. He spent the last two years on MK Kart, KAK, KAFatality...it's very obvious. I'm sorry but this game blows.

I'm still gonna play its just because I'm going to have a field day discovering the brokeness, but off the top of my head thats what bothers me about this game.

Naruto GNT4 or Tekken 5 DR are vastly superior...it's not even a contest.

There are so many fighters out there that I would rather play that are just better.

GG Slash, Hakuto no Ken, etc...

In true MK fashion 5/10 suckity suck suck.

:(

wow u sound like a pregnant mother who just lost her baby if u hate the game that much u wouldn't have taken the time to even write such a long topic

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He is 100% right though. As much as they added, they didn't add anything at the same time.

The wake ups are nice, but the game is still horrific. It's like an antifighting game. Ed Boon is crap.

My biggest problem with MK:D was not being able to use your frame advantage after hitting someone. That's one reason why I only really played the game for the first 2 weeks it was released. THe other reason i stopped is becuase 2 people i know found infs. for ashra, noob-smooke, and nightwolf on the 2nd day it was out, lol.

RayRokka

Noob
ilovepoop said:
wow u sound like a pregnant mother who just lost her baby if u hate the game that much u wouldn't have taken the time to even write such a long topic
I love MK....I'm giving my objective opinion as a professional game designer.

I worked on Deadly Alliance and told Ed a million times what was wrong with the game. He fired me for it.

Two years later I'm working on the #1 game in the US as a game designer.

I think my opinion is a solid one.

RayRokka

Noob
Well, I can't really talk about it.

but it's the number 1 selling franchise in the US and it comes out every year.

Played some more MK and its true...the game is poop.

seriously if you could open cancel into specials the game might actually be playable.

But of course the developers have no concept of what fun actually is in a fighting game...

RayRokka said:
I love MK....I'm giving my objective opinion as a professional game designer.

I worked on Deadly Alliance and told Ed a million times what was wrong with the game. He fired me for it.

Two years later I'm working on the #1 game in the US as a game designer.

I think my opinion is a solid one.
don't get me wrong i didn't say u don't have a sold opinion/point

RayRokka

Noob
DAVE101 said:
Grand Theft Auto

EDIT: Are you Ray DeGuzman?
Whoa! How did you know that?

OK...so yeah the game is extremly flawed, but you know I'm havin fun with it.

Just about everybody at work made fun of it today.

It's gonna be fun playing this as long as it doesnt mess with my Tekken game. As soon as it does I'm droppin it like a bad habit.

No I just added 1+1
"I worked on deadly alliance" + the name in the credits that has RAY in it = Ray DeGuzman.
Plus, I know magic.

GTA is the number 1 in sales in US though, what else could it be?

wow, this is the worst game EVER MADE! MKDA was by FAR the best console released MK and rather then go up and improve they went straight down. its like ed boon said "hmmm, thets take MKDA as the foundation and see just how scrubby we can make the engine rather then improve it, we'll call these 2 games MK:D and MK:A"

Tom Brady said:
wow, this is the worst game EVER MADE! MKDA was by FAR the best console released MK and rather then go up and improve they went straight down. its like ed boon said
You forgot about MK Trilogy for for PSX.

more like "hmmm, thets take MKDA as the foundation and hurry up and add a couple new things to get it over with and then we can add cool new mini games and maybe a feature that lets you create characters from other games without getting in any legal trouble."

DAVE101 said:
Tom Brady said:
wow, this is the worst game EVER MADE! MKDA was by FAR the best console released MK and rather then go up and improve they went straight down. its like ed boon said
You forgot about MK Trilogy for for PSX.

more like "hmmm, thets take MKDA as the foundation and hurry up and add a couple new things to get it over with and then we can add cool new mini games and maybe a feature that lets you create characters from other games without getting in any legal trouble."

lol they didnt really add to MKDAs engine. they scrubbed it up and threw in some stuff like unbreakable throw and breakers and added 99999999999 more infinites. funny cuz in MKDA the infinites were VERY beatable in several ways by several characters and in the case of brc it wasnt even the infinite that made him good.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does Scorpion have a pushing infinite in the corner in MKDA and some kind free hell fire harpoon reaction no lose set ups?

RayRokka

Noob
What up Bill!

I'm sure you are finding mad broken shit....I'd like to think that part of the reason why MKDA is the best is because I worked on it. The series has gone straight downhill since I left Midway. I tried man, I really tried. I can't thank you enough for enlightening me on how broken MK swas though, it opened my eyes and changed my perception of what fighting games should be like. You even turned me on to Tekken. Thanks man!

Well we played some MKA tonite...Drahmin is by far my favorite so far. Super safe and really was kept the same as MKDA except they gave him chain combos

:shock:

Wow...Ed made my character even better Weeee

I'm sure he's not the best but I think he's great.

Also my complaint about no dashing is moot. You can dash forward by holding forward and style changing rapidly.

You can do it with side stepping as well.

You can still sidestep block

WTF

Shock said:
Does Scorpion have a pushing infinite in the corner in MKDA and some kind free hell fire harpoon reaction no lose set ups?
it wasnt an infinite but it was an F'd up setup but the harpoon wasnt really a good option. the only 100% guaranteed infinites were frost and brc and even those infinites didnt break the game. i really had high hopes for MK again after MKDA i thought for sure midway was on the right track... NOT!

WHAT UP RAY!! they shoulda kept u around at midway man they need someone to smack the MK team around with GOOD ideas. lol @ the parry man. its like u said... parry? what for!! everythings already unsafe!! haha.

Damn Ray, you speak nothin but the truth son!
If there's one good use for the parry, its to stop spammable moves like those in Hapkido. Outside of baiting someone into a parry, there aint much else goin for it...

I gotta say... I was not expecting to see ya around for this, but i got all excited when you popped in and challenged me thursday lol. KAK's are awesome, and that Skeletor is the shit bro!

Well i'll definately talk to ya later, but hit me up if you ever make your way back to Chitown!

peace

RayRokka

Noob
MKA has died a sad horrible death, it was dead before it even released.

My desire to play this game has gone away completely because of it's broken unpolished gameplay.

There is no point in playing the retards online that put there character slector on Noob and then quickly switch to Onaga once you select your character.

This game sucks...

:(

i wonder who's call was it to make a game for the xbox and not the new gen console 360, somone should lose there job over that one. how does midway stay open, i think its ready for a take over bid. mk series is the only thing that saved them.