What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

nwo

Noob
I don't quite know what you guys are talking about with the accidental hat throws. I just did a little test, if you have RUN held down and try to do a hat throw it doesn't work. I understand that you can run-jab or kara-jab while releasing run, but I personally have never had this issue.

umk_p1

Noob
i know about non-releasing run, but sooner or later i will need an extra finger to press something, and then this issue happens.
IMO If we can change this, why not to? why would lao has to have this disadvantage, if we ask somebody who mains kabal or nightwolf do they want to press an extra button to be on par with the rest of the cast, i think they will pass.
P.S. i play on custom 'hitbox' and i made an extra button for my left hand pinky just for holding run with lao... can u imagine lol

nwo

Noob
I've had that issue with Sonya - kara jabbing occasionally results in an unintentional, and rather painful, leg grab.
Same thing with this, if you are holding RUN down, her leg grab doesn't work.

I guess I don't see the point in releasing run, since the run meter regenerates as soon as you stop moving either way.

I guess I don't see the point in releasing run, since the run meter regenerates as soon as you stop moving either way.
When you hold Block while doing jabs, u need "run" to cancel recovery frames. So if you Hold Run, and hold Block how can you cancel your jabs recovery frames? So u need Run button to be released for this

umk_p1

Noob

what controller do u use?

5 times? I wouldn't say its unfair.
i think dive kick disables after any 5 hit in a combo, for example: spin(1)-jumpHP(2)-dive-aaHP(3)-jumpHP(4)-dive-aaHP . In other words only 2 dives

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
what controller do u use?

i think dive kick disables after any 5 hit in a combo, for example: spin(1)-jumpHP(2)-dive-aaHP(3)-jumpHP(4)-dive-aaHP . In other words only 2 dives
Ah, yes, I misunderstood it. Sorry.

I would buff it up to 3 to 4 dives max.

umk_p1

Noob
When you hold Block while doing jabs, u need "run" to cancel recovery frames. So if you Hold Run, and hold Block how can you cancel your jabs recovery frames? So u need Run button to be released for this
this is the other big issue with lao's double karajabs (which are history in this version), example : run(let's say we never release it)-1stJab-hold Block-2-ndJab - and now after second jab (while holding Run and Block) we have to cancell somehow the second Jab, i personally do HK/LK. Can we agree now that Lao requires too many fingers and his jab-game is extremly difficult.

I know we jab too much nowadays, but sometime we do some leg combos after rushdown, in that case u almost 100% have to release run button to reach LK (if u use Stick), and we have to adapt to opponent's rushdown(he does it too), so it becomes messy after holding and releasing run and pushing back and forward, hat throw guaranteed

Last edited:

nwo

Noob
How you cancel Defense jabs? with which button? Or you don't doing this?
Run forward, cancel LP with block. Release block, take a step forward etc...

You can also include back + down to prevent sweeps / throws. This is the way I do it, maybe someone can correct me?

Run forward, cancel LP with block. Release block, take a step forward etc...

You can also mix in back + down to prevent sweeps / throws. This is the way I do it, maybe someone can correct me?
Yes this is regular run jabs. But we're talking about defence jabs. Run forward, LP,LP - while doing this double LP we hold back+down+block to be safe. And after second LP you still have Block pressed, and recovery frames of second jab will be slow(if you didn't cancel it). So you need to release block, and press run to cancel second jab, and make a run forward.

nwo

Noob
Yes this is regular run jabs. But we're talking about defence jabs. Run forward, LP,LP - while doing this double LP we hold back+down+block to be safe. And after second LP you still have Block pressed, and recovery frames of second jab will be slow(if you didn't cancel it). So you need to release block, and press run to cancel second jab, and make a run forward.
A regular run jab doesn't involve block + down + back.

umk_p1

Noob
if we do single jabs - then we have to hold run
if we do double jabs (block pressed inbetween 1st and 2nd) - then we hold run and block and have to cancell somehow else
in both situations it is harder to perform, than let's say with kabal or h.smoke or almost any1 else

PS: all jabs i am talking about are performed WITH down-back by default, no need to even mention it

nwo

Noob
if we do single jabs - then we have to hold run
if we do double jabs (block pressed inbetween 1st and 2nd) - then we hold run and block and have to cancell somehow else
in both situations it is harder to perform, than let's say with kabal or h.smoke or almost any1 else

PS: all jabs i am talking about are performed WITH down-back by default, no need to even mention it
I don't think you can cancel 2 jabs while standing in the same place in this version of UMK3 anyway...

umk_p1

Noob
I don't think you can cancel 2 jabs while standing in the same place in this version of UMK3 anyway...
correct, i mentioned it myself, i was pointing out Lao's overall disadvantages, he is not that great how every1 think, at least not with same amount of effort u put into kabal or ermac, needs much more

A regular run jab doesn't involve block + down + back.
i'm talking about defence jabs which is not regular run jabs. For example - You just stand and rappidly press LP many many times, and while doing this you just hold block+back+down. Your character is staying and punching air many times=) But he can't be swept or thrown. If you now try to cancel last LP you NEED to release block and PRESS RUN. understand? =) So when we playing by KL, we doing double LP with block like that. But we don't stay in one place - we're attacking, we make pressure - we're running, we're jabbing, we're running, we're jabbing, And we doing it safe - we doing all of this whith lots of block from sweeps and other. And Kung Lao can throw hat accidentaly =) And right now i don't know how will work double defence jabs in this UMK3 TE=)

Mgo

Noob
sonya leg grab imput should be changed, there are players that avoid her because of that lol (when you do standing lps with down and block she do the move)
I wish hacker can do a 1-4 players kaillera version lol, but this game is for off tournaments. What about H.Smoke second player colour and his cut screams and adding "the bank" stage to the rom?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm 2 pages too late, but just my .02 on the Human Smoke-esque morphs for other characters:

N64 MKT showed that C.Sub could be passed off as U.Sub just by removing a sentence in his bio, and quite frankly, he was only ever included as a 'hey, why not' in UMK3, even then, Midway themselves could've given him the H.Smoke treatment and some other character their own legit character slot. I don't see a problem with giving them a morph for each other.

An Ermac>Scorpion morph is reaaaaally stretching it though.

On a lulzworthy/probably completely useless note, I wonder if MK3 KaNoob is still in there or if he got sieved out with the other vanilla MK3 data...

I'm 2 pages too late, but just my .02 on the Human Smoke-esque morphs for other characters:

N64 MKT showed that C.Sub could be passed off as U.Sub just by removing a sentence in his bio, and quite frankly, he was only ever included as a 'hey, why not' in UMK3, even then, Midway themselves could've given him the H.Smoke treatment and some other character their own legit character slot. I don't see a problem with giving them a morph for each other.

An Ermac>Scorpion morph is reaaaaally stretching it though.

On a lulzworthy/probably completely useless note, I wonder if MK3 KaNoob is still in there or if he got sieved out with the other vanilla MK3 data...
The Ermac scorpion thing it was totally facetious :)

Considering that Kano is still the "default" character (when you glitch the end game and go back to the latter he's fought a lot because of this) I wouldn't be surprised if KaNoob was still around!