What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Noob
Dear Hacker,

We still have your kitten, however, the most recent revision has us very pleased. The removal of Glitch Jabs will immediately improve the quality of the game. Due to this, we have chosen to spare the life of your kitten.

We have decided that Liu Kang may remain in the game and selectable, as beating on him is still fun.

We have placed the kitten in a jar with his release pending the release of an additional, N64 MKT based UMK3 hack.

Dear Hacker,

We still have your kitten, however, the most recent revision has us very pleased. The removal of Glitch Jabs will immediately improve the quality of the game. Due to this, we have chosen to spare the life of your kitten.

We have decided that Liu Kang may remain in the game and selectable, as beating on him is still fun.

We have placed the kitten in a jar with his release pending the release of an additional, N64 MKT based UMK3 hack.

Shouldn't be that hard really. Remove half the animation frames and a sub zero. Not sure how you'd handle dat audio though. Maybe put a pillow in front of the speaker on every cabinet that has this custom installation?

(N64 mkt is my 2nd fav to UMK)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hacker has added the ability to change from USub to Classic Sub by using Back+Block+Run+LP+LK at the beginning of the round much like Smoke can change to Human Smoke and wants to gauge the opinion of you guys to see if you want to be able to change from Kano to Noob like in Wavenet and if you want a revert code to change back (Human Smoke to Robo Smoke and Classic Sub to USub).

Version 28 is coming along nicely with combo damage readout fixes and Jax changes/fixes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hacker has added the ability to change from USub to Classic Sub by using Back+Block+Run+LP+LK at the beginning of the round much like Smoke can change to Human Smoke and wants to gauge the opinion of you guys to see if you want to be able to change from Kano to Noob like in Wavenet and if you want a revert code to change back (Human Smoke to Robo Smoke and Classic Sub to USub).

Version 28 is coming along nicely with combo damage readout fixes and Jax changes/fixes.
Yes please, i already like this one better.

I like the Kano to Noob, I am presuming it would be him in ninja form, correct?

I'm not so sure about unmasked to classic sub though. The thing about smoke to human smoke is that you fight in his human form, which either he has escaped his robot form as in his ultimate ending, or as he remembers himself, if you like the trilogy ending better (which I hate). Unmasked to classic sub is two separate fighters. Knowing what we know now, I think a classic sub to Noob code would be more appropriate.

I am indifferent about a revert code, although I think it's pretty silly when someone fights the first two rounds as robot smoke, and then changes to human in the third round. I get the occasional second round switch because sometimes you miss the code.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.

I like the revert ability. This should be a thing plz. :D
Also, I agree with @tehdrewsus that it should be C.Sub to Noob.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like the Kano to Noob, I am presuming it would be him in ninja form, correct?

I'm not so sure about unmasked to classic sub though. The thing about smoke to human smoke is that you fight in his human form, which either he has escaped his robot form as in his ultimate ending, or as he remembers himself, if you like the trilogy ending better (which I hate). Unmasked to classic sub is two separate fighters. Knowing what we know now, I think a classic sub to Noob code would be more appropriate.

I am indifferent about a revert code, although I think it's pretty silly when someone fights the first two rounds as robot smoke, and then changes to human in the third round. I get the occasional second round switch because sometimes you miss the code.
Don't listen to this guy on the Sub tip, everyone i shared this information with went nuts and want to play the game right now, please leave it.

Don't listen to this guy on the Sub tip, everyone i shared this information with went nuts and want to play the game right now, please leave it.
Well since we're going that route... Classic Sub and Ermac are both "hidden" characters unlockable by UKK. So.... why don't we do the same for Ermac and Scorpion? Ermac is a collection of souls, Scorpion is a lost/undead soul, souls everywhere, red, yellow....ERMAGHERRRDDD DO IT

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Well since we're going that route... Classic Sub and Ermac are both "hidden" characters unlockable by UKK. So.... why don't we do the same for Ermac and Scorpion? Ermac is a collection of souls, Scorpion is a lost/undead soul, souls everywhere, red, yellow....ERMAGHERRRDDD DO IT

I pray that this is sarcasm... :D
But it makes more sense m8.
Agreed.

umk_p1

Noob
Lao's uppercut suck, elbow misses too often, run-jab input pattern leads to occasional hat throw. All he had was keeping opponent in fear of jump. Spin limit- ok. Dive kick limit - overkill

nwo

Noob
Lao's uppercut suck, elbow misses too often, run-jab input pattern leads to occasional hat throw. All he had was keeping opponent in fear of jump. Spin limit- ok. Dive kick limit - overkill
I've never had an issue with accidental hat throws while run-jabbing. Also it's a myth that his opponent needs to jump for him to be effective, but I totally agree that the dive kick limit is overkill.

umk_p1

Noob
morph changes are unnecessary, why would we need it? i tought he was going to get rid of even h.smoke morph

Yeah i agree. The Input to Kung Lao's hat should be changed to avoid accidental activation, while run jabbing. And Dive kick limit will make Kung Lao so low. Now he is not god tier like H.Smoke or Kabal, but dive kick limit will make him even worse =). Give him a chance
P.S. We have a lot of good jabbers, most of them has a problems with KL's hat while run jabbing

Last edited:

umk_p1

Noob
I've never had an issue with accidental hat throws while run-jabbing. Also it's a myth that his opponent needs to jump for him to be effective, but I totally agree that the dive kick limit is overkill.
i personally can't be too effective with lao against top players here in Russia with non aaSpin, total karajab blocking