What's new

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
man eagles all the way, dat d fence, vick was rusty, i am using that excuse, but a W is W.

nwo

Noob
I watched parts of the Raider game tonight, looks like another bad year. That's what happens when you fire first year coaches that go 8-8. When Al Davis died I thought maybe the Raiders would get better, then I saw a press conference with the new owner (Al Davis Jr or whatever). What a clownish joke. The Raiders won't be in the playoffs for many years to come.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Saints/Skins game was epic. Very upset that my Saints lost but the Redskins looked excellent. RGIII is a stud.
Fuck the SAINTS! WHEREDEYAT?! lol jk, but as a Falcons fan I'm sort of obligated to give you a hard time. :p

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I am happy to say that I am glad that Peyton is still apparently a natural at his position and that my team may not suck this year.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'm having trouble picking a starting RB on my fantasy team for this week. I have Ray Rice (obvious start) but then I have Jamaal Charles of the Chiefs and Stevan Ridley of the Pats and their stat lines were like this....

Jamaal Charles (Week 1 Starter) - 87 Rushing Yards 0 Receiving Yards and 0 TD's for 8.7 points.
Week 2 Opponent - Bills
Stevan Ridley (Week 1 Bench) - 125 Rushing Yards 27 Receiving Yards and 1 TD for 21.2 points.
Week 2 Opponent - Cardinals

While this may seem like an easy choice, Charles was playing for a Chiefs team who was behind most of the game so didn't get much attention, he still averaged over 5 yards a carry. While Ridley is part of a Patriots offense who's never favored the run, especially to 1 back. I'm really stuck what football fans can help me out?

Tom Brady Pig Of The Hut

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Go with Charles... Ridley only had a good game bc he was playing the titans. The patriots are a pass first team... Not sure bout the chiefs.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Dude you start Charles because New England is never going to fully commit to the run and Ridley is NEVER going to be the main focus on that team like Charles is for the Chiefs. Basically, if you start JC and Ridley out-performs him you don't really beat yourself up too bad, but if Charles has a godlike game and Ridley gets marginalized after you start him, you are kicking your own ass when the week is over...

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Go with Charles... Ridley only had a good game bc he was playing the titans. The patriots are a pass first team... Not sure bout the chiefs.
Dude you start Charles because New England is never going to fully commit to the run and Ridley is NEVER going to be the main focus on that team like Charles is for the Chiefs. Basically, if you start JC and Ridley out-performs him you don't really beat yourself up too bad, but if Charles has a godlike game and Ridley gets marginalized after you start him, you are kicking your own ass when the week is over...
Charles is THE answer. there shouldn't be any second thought.
Yeah, Charles was my first choice I was just trying to reassure myself lol. If Ridley performs well again, even or better than Charles, then I'll start Ridley because the Pats LOVE their screens and I can count on him getting receiving yards too but I'll just keep an eye on it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Never sit your studs.
You can always swallow a bad game from them..... but you'll beat yourself up if they sit on the bench and go nuts ... while a relative no name gets his noraml 5 points.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Never sit your studs.
You can always swallow a bad game from them..... but you'll beat yourself up if they sit on the bench and go nuts ... while a relative no name gets his noraml 5 points.
Agreed, funniest part is....besides a few "studs" my reserves outscored my starters and I still won my MU plus had 2nd most points scored in the league. (Thank you Jets DEF/ST and David Akers)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Never sit your studs.
Tell me about it. *sits Jones drew in one league and AP in another* neither was supposed to get many Carries BC of holdouts and injuries.... They both had good games :(

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I'm having trouble picking a starting RB on my fantasy team for this week. I have Ray Rice (obvious start) but then I have Jamaal Charles of the Chiefs and Stevan Ridley of the Pats and their stat lines were like this....

Jamaal Charles (Week 1 Starter) - 87 Rushing Yards 0 Receiving Yards and 0 TD's for 8.7 points.
Week 2 Opponent - Bills
Stevan Ridley (Week 1 Bench) - 125 Rushing Yards 27 Receiving Yards and 1 TD for 21.2 points.
Week 2 Opponent - Cardinals

While this may seem like an easy choice, Charles was playing for a Chiefs team who was behind most of the game so didn't get much attention, he still averaged over 5 yards a carry. While Ridley is part of a Patriots offense who's never favored the run, especially to 1 back. I'm really stuck what football fans can help me out?

Tom Brady Pig Of The Hut
Charles WITHOUT A DOUBT! living in new york, i got to see the bills first hand and they looked like the worst defense in football against (what i believe is a below average offense) in the jets. the cards also held marshawn lynch to about 85 yards O touchdowns, which i belive shows they have the potential to stop the run.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Tokiwartoothxdk STB Sgt Reed STB CharlieMurphy L0rdoftheFLY RiBBz22

I WAS going to come in here raging about how Charles was by far the worst choice and lost me my week but I hung on for a .44 point win (Thank you Eli Manning) :).

Thanks for the advice, sadly ended up being terrible lol but he should have a great week against the Saints this week.
Lol... Well I have shitty RBs as well (mcgahee, Stewart, and Deangelo Williams) and I also have Eli Manning. So we're in the same boat lol. (I also won this week)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Tokiwartoothxdk STB Sgt Reed STB CharlieMurphy L0rdoftheFLY RiBBz22

I WAS going to come in here raging about how Charles was by far the worst choice and lost me my week but I hung on for a .44 point win (Thank you Eli Manning) :).

Thanks for the advice, sadly ended up being terrible lol but he should have a great week against the Saints this week.
HAHA your welcome. Any time.

you do know that if Charles had a great game, then Eli would have sucked....the cosmos dont lie.