What's new

Official MK11 PS4/XB1 Patch Notes 03/10/20

Below are the patch notes for the 03/10 Mortal Kombat 11 PS4 & XB1 patches:

General Gameplay Adjustments
  • Move list corrections
  • Improvements to AI logic
  • Fixed issues with some augments not granting correct bonuses
  • Increased the button input buffer when exiting a block hit reaction from 2 to 5 frames
  • Practice Mode > AI Options > Kustom > Block Attack options now have more defined options Fast, Delay, Late which will perform the Block Attack on the first frame, randomly delayed or on the last frame
  • Practice Mode > AI Options > Record now has a new Recording Slot to be used for Kustom Getup / Reversal
  • Practice Mode > AI Options > Kustom > Reversal Attack now has an option for Kustom Reversal & Kustom Reversal with Navigation which uses the Recording Slot Kustom Getup / Reversal starting with the button press or the directional input when with Navigation
  • Practice Mode > AI Options > Kustom > Getup Attack now has an option for Kustom Reversal & Kustom Reversal with Navigation which uses the Recording Slot Kustom Getup / Reversal starting with the button press or the directional input when with Navigation
  • Added several new Brutalities for players to discover
  • All Getup/Flawless Block Up+Front Kick attacks will no longer hit opponents from behind except for Kung Lao, Sonya, and Geras
  • Fixed an issue with several Krushing Blow Requirements sometimes not working correctly while the opponent is still in a hit reaction animation
  • Added new Nether Forge Recipes for players to discover

Character Specific Adjustments
  • Cassie - Fixed a visual issue with holsters that could sometimes occur when performing Dual Wielding Amplified
  • Geras - Reduced the travel distance of Dash Forward and Dash Backward
  • Geras - Increased the recovery on miss of Sand Trap and Quick Sand by 4 frames
  • Jacqui Briggs - Directing Bionic Bounce Towards or Away costs one bar of defensive meter
  • Jacqui Briggs - The landing recovery frames of (Air) Shrapnel Blast, (Air) Grenade Launcher, and (Air) Prototype Rocket can no longer be circumvented when being 2in1 cancelled from a Jump Attack with specific timing
  • Jade - Wiggle Stick (Away + Back Punch) can now still be 2in1 cancelled if the first or second attack hits the opponent but the last attack misses
  • Jade - Blazing Nitro Kick Krushing Blow requirement no longer resets when it is missed
  • Jax - Gur-Knee (Towards+Back Kick) no longer has different hit advantage when hitting standing and ducking opponents
  • Jax - Ripped Amplified now recovers 4 frames faster on hit & 6 frames faster on miss and is now -8 on block (down from -4)
  • Johnny Cage - Rising Star can no longer be Amplified when it is Flawless Blocked
  • Johnny Cage - Rising Star Amplified now costs one bar of both offensive and defensive meter when Rising Star is blocked or misses
  • Kotal Kahn - Heavy Blade (Back Kick) now starts up 1 frame faster, can now be 2in1 cancelled, and has a different hit reaction
  • Kotal Kahn - Yeyecame Disk now causes 5 more frames of blockstun and has more pushback when normal blocked
  • Kotal Kahn - Fixed a visual issue with Totem visual effects persisting during some fatalities
  • Kitana - Fixed an issue with Dark Deception (Away + Front Punch, Back Kick, Back Punch) Krushing Blow not triggering if the third attack is a Kounter
  • Kitana - Edenian Strike now has 1 more frame of hitpause
  • Kitana - Fan Toss Amplify can now be delayed by up to 7 more frames
  • Kitana - Reduced the combo damage scaling of Fan Lift & Fan-Nado and its reaction no longer allows the opponent to Breakaway
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff no longer gets removed after using certain attacks
  • Kitana - Royal Protection buff now grants a stacking damage buff (up to 50%) for each successful projectile parry that lasts 10 seconds and the timer is reset with each successful parry
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow requirement "Triggers if FATAL BLOW is on cooldown" no longer will be possible after DEADLY GAME (Fatal Blow) has successfully hit
  • Kitana - Edenian Twist Krushing Blow now has an alternate requirement of “Triggers if it KOUNTERS or PUNISHES a LOW or DUCKING attack”
  • Kung Lao - The reaction to Vortex no longer allows the opponent to Breakaway
  • Kung Lao - Fixed a rare issue with Omega Hat not working correctly if side switch occurs after performing Orbiting Hat
  • Noob - Shadow Slide Amplified has a slightly increased hit region when opponent is in a combo
  • Noob - Fixed issue with camera when (Air) Tele-Slam hits a cornered opponent
  • Shao Kahn - Wrath Hammer has replaced Reverse Wrath Hammer when Shao Kahn is summoned with the Helm of Kahn Konsumable
  • Shao Kahn - Wrath Hammer Krushing Blow requirement is now "Triggers if Hammer Throw hits TWICE in a row"
  • Skarlet - Scythe Slam (Away+Back Punch) deals 20 more damage
  • Sonya - Energy Discharge (Up+Front Kick) Getup/Flawless Block now starts up in 11 frames (was 13) and no longer has 2 frames of vulnerability before its active frames
  • Sub-Zero – Correct audio now plays during Intros when using the Dimitri Vegas Skins against an opponent using Joker
  • Shang Tsung - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Lift Amplified to miss the opponent while in the Lift hit reaction
  • Terminator - Fixed an issue preventing several lines of in-game dialogue from being used when playing as Terminator
  • Sindel - Come Forward (Front Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch) no longer hits opponents from behind outside of combos
  • Joker - KAPOW Krushing Blow is now +5 on hit (up from -25)
  • Joker - Toward Throw Krushing Blow requirement "Triggers if FATAL BLOW is on cooldown" will no longer occur after SMILE (Fatal Blow) has successfully hit
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044211414-Official-MK11-PS4-XB1-Patch-Notes-03-10-20

Comments

Oh seriously
Rising star costs a defensive meter too
It's not enough that it whiffs the first hit like 90% of the time I have to whiff my meter too

I mean if flawless blocked can't be amplified is fair but the meter

And what bugs me more that Sonya stayed the same

Yey. Another patch where they entirely ignore about 20 variations that literally never get touched.

Brilliant NRS.

The annoying thing is that every patch they change some dumb as shit tag assist or something nobody cares about but let still don't fix obviously total garbage variation. The fuck.

Its great Jacqui taking a hit, but God it's tiny shit patches once in a blue moon.

At least geras can't just yeet about like an ice skater

Last edited:
E
"To put that buffer change into perspective for everyone, before a "1 frame punish" was actually a 3 frame or so punish because of the 2-3 frame buffer out of block. Now it's like 5-6 frames. I don't like that tbh I think it removes skill from the game."

From Tweedy's post on Twitter.

Can you please explain it to me , what does it mean ?
I dont know how else to explain it

You have more of an input window to get your button out of block now. So for me, for instance, I'd be using noob's b1 after blocking a poke, but shit loads of times get poked out of my b1. Which frame-math doesn't make sense, it's bc I wasn't near frame-perfect with my input of b1. But that window is now bigger. You can buffer it. So I can input my response to the blocked poke much easier.

This applied to any inputs out of block stun. Punishing is now way easier, and poke wars are now easier to stop if you've blocked successfully.

This is off topic but i am thinking what happened to all those "Jacqui is fine go practice and learn" arguments now?
What doe's this change, really? It cost her a bar to jump in on you from fullscreen (defensive not offensive) and she can no longer cancel her landing lag (which I only saw used once in Final Kombat). Once she gets in she is still gonna maul you, that didn't change.

E
What doe's this change, really? It cost her a bar to jump in on you from fullscreen (defensive not offensive) and she can no longer cancel her landing lag (which I only saw used once in Final Kombat). Once she gets in she is still gonna maul you, that didn't change.
That may be true, but she doesn't get in for free from full screen against the majority of the cast anymore.

That may be true, but she doesn't get in for free from full screen against the majority of the cast anymore.
For this nerf to really work it needs to cost offensive bar. As it stands, she gets to jump in still have full use of enhanced air blast and by the time you get away from her that defensive bar will have come back. The landing lag change might be more impactful, I didn't see used much in Final Kombat but I used it quite a bit when I played her.