What's new

Official MK1 Survey to improve Invasions Mode by NRS

Art Lean

Noob
It asks what other fighting games I’ve played but there’s no options for “none” since MK is the only fighting game I play, so have to choose something untrue to progress :confused:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
oh yeah

I have filled right now, so, let's see if NRS become humble, admit they failed with this mode, and try to enhance and improve the Invasion mode , in order to bring a better experience for the fanbase overall

Kinda like the No Man Sky scenario, and now, what CD Project Red did with Cyberpunk 2077, listening the community and trying to understand where there is room for fix what is wrong ;)

So, let's see what happens

IMO, I think a mix of MK9 towers , with a MK11 krypt free roaming third person mechanic , would be very interesting for this mode, making it more entertaining and less boring and annoying, so, let's see if NRS will listen the fans, or just put this survery only like an excuse and to try to justify the crap bullshit they did already with Invasion mode, lol ! :laughing:

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Well after selecting 'Other fighting game' and then typing in "I don't play other fighting games" I entered all my feedback as being it needs narrative, lore, NPCs, puzzles, quests, DETAILS OF REWARDS and should take more inspiration from Deception's Konquest and MK11's Krypt.

Most of my responses were 'fair' or 'poor'.

Told them it was just Towers of Time on a map, except now you don't know if a tower is even worth the effort because you don't know what you'll win. And that Survives are shit.

And thanked them for letting me max out the mastery of every single character in the game in record time on the Challenge Tower lol.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
did it today also, the simple fact that this survey happened is a good sign. It means that they actually know that they fucked up and HOPEFULLY they will improve.

But to be honest - they should actually give up on invasions like at all, admit that this mode is not working how it intended to work and get us 1) krypt 2) conquest-like mode that would actually lead to a lore expansion rather than shitty "what if" scenarios.

Do I really think it will happen? No. The core, sadly, will stay the same, but they will mess around with making it a bit less boring. And I don't know if we should even consider it as any sort of win at this time.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
How’s this:

Delete all files of Invasions from the game, and recreate a new mode from the ground up in the style of MK11’s Krypt with puzzles and secret fights.

Well after selecting 'Other fighting game' and then typing in "I don't play other fighting games" I entered all my feedback as being it needs narrative, lore, NPCs, puzzles, quests, DETAILS OF REWARDS and should take more inspiration from Deception's Konquest and MK11's Krypt.

Most of my responses were 'fair' or 'poor'.

Told them it was just Towers of Time on a map, except now you don't know if a tower is even worth the effort because you don't know what you'll win. And that Survives are shit.

And thanked them for letting me max out the mastery of every single character in the game in record time on the Challenge Tower lol.
That's something I forgot to mention. We need a list of where to get all skins and other rewards. I hope they do one for online and practice mode and the store so we can give feedback.

This is a sign they have herd everyone's complaints and choose to fix them.
The listed reason why where several things I've heard people complain about like not having character interactions on intros to towers and Seasonal Towers as well as Invasions Mode nodes.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Question 18 hung on me. Clicking very good just goes back to same question.. So does clicking good.

Jynks

Yeah.. Can't finish it.. Got to end but then asked me to finish the missing questions.. But it won't accept "very good" the top positive answer for 18 and 20

Yeah.. Can't finish it.. Got to end but then asked me to finish the missing questions.. But it won't accept "very good" the top positive answer for 18 and 20
Just say poor, what was the question. There's always room for improvement. You can say poor and in the text box explain how you feel it's good but maybe this would be cool

Jynks

Invasions is the best pve in any fighting game since deception.

Loved session 1 and season 2 was even better.

Art Lean

Noob
Invasions is the best pve in any fighting game since deception.

Loved session 1 and season 2 was even better.
Jynks, I luv ya and admire your passion, but I'm just not feelin' it for Invasions as you do, wish I did. It just feels like Towers of Time but slower, due to the map navigation (which is beautiful... but pointless), when you can't even see what you'll win. Considering you can bypass some towers, I'd far rather the game told me "beat this tower, and get sweet FA" or "beat this tower, and get some gorgeous goth makeup for Sindel" and I'd know what choice to make rather than waste my time on a Survive node that doesn't even need to be completed. :confused:

Much preferred MK11 and Krypt Guy. I could walk around, do pillar puzzles, explore the MK1 island, see easter egg deaths in The Pit, discover MK95 movie references, and explore Shang's palace etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd far rather a Deception style full Konquest mode, or hell, if it's not delusions of grandeur, love a Shaolin Monks adventure game, but I'd settle for an MK11 Krypt again. It had a lot going for it that could and should have been expanded. Instead we got a mode a thousand times inferior to it, with no insight into what you can even win.

Last edited:
man,the amount of work it would take to make invasions decent would be so great im not sure if they should even do it and waste time on this mode.They should just scrap invasions and transform it into the krypt of old(MKDA,MK9 style) and then design a brand new adventure/konquest type mode similair to the concept of mk armageddon,where you travers the map in 3rd person and fight npcs etc beat em up style and then for boss fights/unique encounters you transition to the standard mk1 2d plane with the kameos with possibly thematic modifres and boss phases as they are now in invasions.This mode can still use that stats and relics and talismans as well.

Time to circle back on the Invasions seasonal krypt Mesa idea!

Along with a new boss Mesa, we get a seasonal Krypt Mesa as well made up of various chests and loot that you can get with the different currencies earned through Invasions. Theme the krypt Mesa with the invasion boss (ie a Netherrealm mesa for season 1 and Vaternius for 2) and include a bunch of background lore a la MK11 krypt, and since the invasion bosses are from different timelines it can be all throwback Easter eggs to the MK story were used to and not interfere with the new storyline/narrative.

IF they were to ever give us additional content (extra customizable gear pieces, new brutalities, animalities, friendships, skins, palettes, etc) it can be through this krypt, and since it’s seasonal that gives them time to develop and release 2-3 new pieces of gear or rewards per character per season. Gives players a sense of actually getting content for free, and because it’s WB they could still keep some of the high end stuff for sale in the shop or make an option that you can just buy rewards from the shop instead of grinding for currencies, but doesn’t feel like a complete money grab.

I think they could easily do this since they already chose Invasions as their single player mode. They wouldn’t have to revamp or reinvent an entirely new single player mode, they can just build an additional mesa with the code and set up that they already have.

What I did suggest for the current Invasions was to make it feel more like a combination of Deceptions Konquest and MK9 challenge tower. I think the seasons can have more story driven elements to it. Each mesa should have 2-3 cut scenes rather than the 2-3 we get for the entire season. Put NPCs throughout the mesas, where interacting provided more context and depth to the invasion seasonal story. And make more objective-based fights in Invasions rather than just repeated normal fights over and over. Mk9 tower was fun cause you had to do certain things to advance on top of winning the match. It was quirky and goofy and really fun to play through.

Also, it bothers me that TYM is just decapitated heads. Bring back the escalating stones (rubies, emeralds, diamond, etc)

The short version of what I put is that there just needs to be a lot more customization and shit to unlock in this game. Invasions isn't dramatically different from ToT or whatever Inj2 had, but there's just very little worthwhile to unlock so the samey gameplay doesn't even have much of a payoff. It's also way too easy so all the RPG stuff hardly matters.

Doing one gear piece per character and so few skins is such a massive miss in this game.

As much as I want the Krypt I think they have each seasoned planned. I think they are going to try and improve it each season while dropping surveys each season as feedback.
It's possible to make it more fun, they did do good improvements from S1 to S2 but maybe they could add video cut scenes instead of text where each Mesa has 3each.
Making the map able to be viewed with a map and a key to what can be acquired in each zone of the mesa.
I'm wanting character specific rewards for the characters I'm using in Invasions along with select season skins for whomever that is. That way we get skins we want not grinding through it to get 20+ skins from characters we don't want!
Also The Sub Zero skin in premium Store is missing now, why would they take away a paid to get skin? Was gonna buy it but looks like I won't ever get it now which is trash.

They need to add MK2/UMK3 classic skins for all characters especially the ninjas male & female.

My changes would include tripling XP, coins dropped and add a tower with 10X character/Kameo XP that's a bit harder.
Dragon Crystals need to drop every tower, let's say 100 for a 10 floor tower(Seasonal Towers)
Make the Forge cost half as much coins and the cost to recharge Talismans needs to be like 1/5th the price, it's insane expensive. The cost for forging components are also far too expensive. And the Invasions Shop items are retarded having a 1hr refreash and limit to buy +1 charge, it needs to let you buy 10x every time for all Komponents
They need a customization menu that tells you where to get every Skin/Pallette that's available in Invasions Mode, KL, and Towers and show Seasonal Skins separately! This is a big one for me.
I'd be more willing to grind if I knew what I could get and if I had a FN Map