What's new

Official Gear Discussion Thread

Landonio

n00b
You can! Just make sure that your favorited variation is the tourney one you want to use. I've also noticed that my favorited preset, even if I don't have a tourney variation, it'll keep the gear and give me the Digital Soldier variation regardless.
That's not working for me. I feel like I'm missing something. : /

Are you sure the favorited one is the first one? If you made a third variation and made that your favorite it’s not going to work.
That's odd. I've left the first two slots of my character customization alone for every character, use the third (first created) as my "playing" loadout and my 4th as an AI loadout. In most cases, I tag my playing loadout as my default, or "favorite" (3rd in line, customization-wise) and I get my preferred skins and gear every time.

Landonio

n00b
I've copied and pasted the preset I want to use to all 5 slots, and favorited every one. No matter what, whenever I go into offline Tournament mode and select my character (Thin Ice Sub-Zero), I don't get my outfit. Whether I set it to randomize gear or not. I don't understand. If someone could post a video or something, that'd be great.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I've copied and pasted the preset I want to use to all 5 slots, and favorited every one. No matter what, whenever I go into offline Tournament mode and select my character (Thin Ice Sub-Zero), I don't get my outfit. Whether I set it to randomize gear or not. I don't understand. If someone could post a video or something, that'd be great.
Offline tournament mode is either default gear or the random gear. I don't think you can use customized gear at all in that mode.

When you said competitive earlier we all assumed you meant ranked mode/kombat league. Sorry

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I don't normally do this, but I'm at a loss. Can anyone explain to me how the hell to get this? "Desert Stormbreaker" (not the one highlighted in the pic) It says in ToT but I've done all of his and never got it? The alt version is Krypt and I still haven't got that one either:

Landonio

n00b
Offline tournament mode is either default gear or the random gear. I don't think you can use customized gear at all in that mode.

When you said competitive earlier we all assumed you meant ranked mode/kombat league. Sorry
Nah, I explicitly said "offline". It's all good though.

So I've run into this problem which I've seen on other forms as well. Spending endless amount of koins on the shrine and only getting augments now. No more gear pieces. I've been trying to get the maskless skarlet and nothing after 5 mil spent.

Does anyone know how to jog the system so it starts giving out gear again?

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
So I've run into this problem which I've seen on other forms as well. Spending endless amount of koins on the shrine and only getting augments now. No more gear pieces. I've been trying to get the maskless skarlet and nothing after 5 mil spent.

Does anyone know how to jog the system so it starts giving out gear again?
Once you get to the point of augments at 75k all you can spend is 100k for skins

I've done some Krypt refilling as well, and regular chests, Soul Vaults, and Hidden Chests are mostly giving me konsumables and augments now.

I likely won't refill again at this time, and once I re-unlock everything I just refilled, I think I'll focus on Kronika Time Vaults and the Shrine. The Shrine is also giving me augments a bit now, so I know I'm getting towards the end of that pool.

I've spent over 50,000,000 koins in the Krypt.

I've refilled the Krypt over 10 times and snatched every chest.

I dug for gear in every chest possible, including Kenshi.

Krypt gives me nothing anymore.

I'm missing the usual: Edenian Blue, Kano's MK3 costume, MK11 Shao Kahn costume, Kabal's Klassic Mask (I have the dark version of it, but this isn't the same), Kano's classic metal facing. And the rest.

No Tundra either.

This shit is rigged as hell.

I stopped giving koins to it because it's clearly impossible to get certain shit.

I'm lucky I got the Rain costume for Sub-Zero.

I'm missing Cryomancer mask for Sub-Zero, I want it so I can mimic the Reptile costume he used in the Gauntlet.

Oh well.

I'm close to demi-god, once I get that, I'll take a break until they stop wasting my time in this game.

I'm a completion-ist, it's kind of hard to complete the game when it's rigged the other way.

Last night I noticed a Tower that had a Kitana mask I've wanted all along, and I also got a skin very similar to Edenian Blue (Called Edenian Sea).

I'm very close to getting most of what I want now.

Hi all,

I recall some people asking about the whereabout's of Sonya's Regular Army Headgear, which I just got last night. It was in a Kronika Time Vault.

Stanlos

Noob
Hi, Guys--if a skin says 'available in kombat league' but it was season 1 and it is now after season 1 does that mean you can't get the skin? It looks like Skarlet's best one is in KL but the internet says she was season 1. Is there any hope?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Hi, Guys--if a skin says 'available in kombat league' but it was season 1 and it is now after season 1 does that mean you can't get the skin? It looks like Skarlet's best one is in KL but the internet says she was season 1. Is there any hope?
Season rewards may be recycled annually...only NRS knows, but dont lose hope! I missed the krypt event for Kanos klassic eye, but I have faith itll be back again one day. NRS PLZ MAKE KRYPT EVENTS LAST MORE THAN 24 HRS NEXT TIME! ALMOST HAVE 2500 PIECES.

Stanlos

Noob
I've done some Krypt refilling as well, and regular chests, Soul Vaults, and Hidden Chests are mostly giving me konsumables and augments now.

I likely won't refill again at this time, and once I re-unlock everything I just refilled, I think I'll focus on Kronika Time Vaults and the Shrine. The Shrine is also giving me augments a bit now, so I know I'm getting towards the end of that pool.
How do you get the Kronika time valiums?