What's new

Official Gear Discussion Thread

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
How exactly do team battles work; haven't done any yet. Do you basically tag someone in?
Nah, it's three people taking turns, like in old-school team battle. While the others are playing though, you have 3 random konsumable abilities you can throw in to aid your team partners.

For Kitana, I really want the Revenant Skull Mask she wears in Story Mode. Apparently it's in the Krypt, but I have yet to get it. Hopefully the description is correct.
It is! I got it through the Shrine, I believe.

Nah, it's three people taking turns, like in old-school team battle. While the others are playing though, you have 3 random konsumable abilities you can throw in to aid your team partners.

It is! I got it through the Shrine, I believe.
For team battles, good to know! With the PC version I don't believe it's possible to communicate with teammates, but it sounds like that shouldn't be needed. I'll likely try tonight then!

Ah, so it is a gambling item then; that's good to know and assuming it is indeed in the Krypt, it's what I suspected. So, 75,000 Koins are something I'm going to be saving then!

Basically for me, I'm trying to get my Fan-Fare Kitana to look similar to past Kitana from Story Mode, and I'm trying to get Highborn Kitana (my main Variation) to look like Revenant Kitana from Story Mode. With the Kronika Armour though, as I unlocked the black coloured variant via Towers of Time already.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Does anyone know what if you get Liu Kangs “Shaolin Sapphire” costume in the gauntlet and if so what stage of it do you get it on. I’m currently on stage 13.

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but I'm hoping someone can explain End of Round Taunts to me.

I just unlocked my first last night as I've started doing the Kitana Character Tower, and I believe it's called "Don't get up," or something like that.

My questions are:

1. Can you manually equip/use the Taunts you want, or is it always random?
  2. What the heck are the Taunts?
By the last I mean, I'd assume it's the lines the character say at the end of a winning round. Since Day 1, I've only ever heard Kitana say "You lack elegance and grace." There's two she had unlocked by default, one being called "Fantastic," but the only time I've heard her say this is after I perform a Brutality.

Since unlocking "Don't get up" last night, I haven't heard any new dialogue from her at all, but I have noticed after winning a round she has a new swagger-like animation (for lack of a better term).

So are Taunts actual dialogue, or are they animations? Or both?

Thanks!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but I'm hoping someone can explain End of Round Taunts to me.

I just unlocked my first last night as I've started doing the Kitana Character Tower, and I believe it's called "Don't get up," or something like that.

My questions are:

1. Can you manually equip/use the Taunts you want, or is it always random?
  2. What the heck are the Taunts?
By the last I mean, I'd assume it's the lines the character say at the end of a winning round. Since Day 1, I've only ever heard Kitana say "You lack elegance and grace." There's two she had unlocked by default, one being called "Fantastic," but the only time I've heard her say this is after I perform a Brutality.

Since unlocking "Don't get up" last night, I haven't heard any new dialogue from her at all, but I have noticed after winning a round she has a new swagger-like animation (for lack of a better term).

So are Taunts actual dialogue, or are they animations? Or both?

Thanks!
Taunts are animations that play when a character wins a round. They are not customizable, once you unlock one, the taunt has a random chance of occuring.

Taunts are animations that play when a character wins a round. They are not customizable, once you unlock one, the taunt has a random chance of occuring.
Ah, that explains thing then. So it's not dialogue. Good to know and thank you for clarifying!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Ah, that explains thing then. So it's not dialogue. Good to know and thank you for clarifying!
Even intro dialogue seems to change btw...Johnny Cage intro changed from asking "is some1 high?" to talking about "cagecon" very weird...

Hello everyone, i unlocked everything and respawn chests, but i dont get items anymore in souls or chests? what is my next step? only shrine ? 75 and 100k???

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Yep when chests run dry USE A NAKNADAN CHARM AND SHRINE also soul forge has some gear...NICK AND AUTUMN on youtube made a good video.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Has anyone found Scorpion's Tachijutsu Master mask? I just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place because it's really the only piece of gear I'm really looking for now.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
No awesom mask for me yet sry, and I havent beat gauntlet yet...but if you can find ORB OF JATAAKA it will make you immune to damage for a short while, plus 2 stun projectiles like cyrax net. thats what I plan on doing might use an "orb of dragon king" here too

ALSO CORRUTED TALISMAN make All your attacks unblockable...if you have any...

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Someone PLEASE @ tag me if you will see Jax's CLASSIC arms. I want them soo bad it's insane lol. I completed his towers, gauntlet is also confirmed to not have Jax's classic arms. And I check Premium shop every days but it's still not there :(

Hey all,

For Gear, can anyone tell me what Gear Kitana uses in Story Mode?

You fight her twice, as I recall, and play as her for a Chapter.

In Chapter 1, Revenant her, using the default skin, seems to be using the Kitana Kahn Mask, and what I think is the Regal Revenant Sai. I can't tell what Fan that is though.

Later, when she's in the Kronika skin, she's still using the Kitana Kahn Mask, but the Sai seems to have changed. Might be the default Mileena's Favourite one? Also still not sure of the Fan.

When you play as her, the only thing I'm not 100% sure of is the Sai. Looks like it might be Mileena's Favourite again.

Anyone know?

Landonio

n00b
Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there really no way to use a custom preset outfit for offline Tournament mode?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there really no way to use a custom preset outfit for offline Tournament mode?
You can! Just make sure that your favorited variation is the tourney one you want to use. I've also noticed that my favorited preset, even if I don't have a tourney variation, it'll keep the gear and give me the Digital Soldier variation regardless.