What's new

Official Gear Discussion Thread

SubZeroIce

Runway
Based on the way the gear pieces have been, what do you guys think the 3 gear pieces for the remaining roster will be?

We know the following:

Scorpion - Mask, Spear, Sword
Skarlet - Mask, Dagger, Vials
Baraka - Blades, Helmet, War Banner
Raiden - Hat, Staff, Medallion
Sub-Zero - Mask, Belt, Battle Axe
Cassie Cage - Pistol, Shades, Drone
Johnny Cage - Shades, Hand Wraps, Belt Buckle
Sonya Blade - Hat, Gloves, Battle Turret
Kano - Eye Shield, Cybernetic Heart, Shank
Geras - Knuckle Duster, Sand Battery, Temporal Anchor
Noob Saibot - Mask, Sickles, Shadows

So now I ask, what do you guys think for the remaining roster? We'll know Jade & Kabal tomorrow but I'm thinking: for Jade it'll be Glave, Mask & Staff. For Kabal it'll be Mask, Respirator & Hooks

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Jax is prolly gonna be Arms, Grenade Launcher and i'm leaning towards Necklace for the third.

Kabal i think will be Swords, Jacket and Backpack

Erron will have Hat, Rifle and Pistols, OR :Hat, Mask and Guns

Too soon for me to speculate on the others, but it's safe to say the people with unique or characteristic weapons will have said weapons as 1 option, such as Kitana's fans and Kung Lao's hat

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
It's a stretch, but maybe Lao's shoulder pads are the third gear.

Also, based on the achievements leak, I think D'vorah will have some type of bug or larvae as a gear piece.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Jade: Boomerang Blade / Staff / Mask
Kitana: Fans / Mask / Hairpin
Jax: Arms / Rocket Launcher / Sigar
Kabal: Hookswords / Mask or Breather / No Idea
Cetrion: Plant Hair / Eventual Weapon / Rock-Halo on her back
Kollector: So many possibilities, I really don't know.
Frost: Hair / Ice Dagger / Mask
Erron Black: Pistol / Hat / Mask
Kotal: Helmet / Hopefully Cat appearance / Sword
Shang Tsung: Beard? / Sword? / Age? lol
Shao Kahn: Helmet / Hammer / Spear
Kung lao: Hat / Hat-Saw Edge / No Idea
Liu Kang: Those ninja weapons of his / Dragon Form / Bandana
Jacqui: Hair / Screen? / Arm-Guns?
D'Vorah: Insect buddies / Tentacles / Hood?

SubZeroIce

Runway
The peak of Kotal Kahn's totem appears with him on the character select screen, so I'm guessing that's one of his gear options.
I would say his totems, but at the same time, IDK since they're only a gear move and technically you can play without them which would defeat the purpose.

For Kotal I'm confused (assuming you can't edit the Cat or the Totems)... His headdress for sure, His sword, no clue for the 3rd thing.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I would say his totems, but at the same time, IDK since they're only a gear move and technically you can play without them which would defeat the purpose.

For Kotal I'm confused (assuming you can't edit the Cat or the Totems)... His headdress for sure, His sword, no clue for the 3rd thing.
they said on stream his totems were 1 of them...The other 2 his sword & whatever they are called the curved dagger things he has.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Can someone give me a brief explanation of how the gear system works? I've never played injustice2 and i heard most ppl hated it or didn't care about it.

Are they pure cosmetics? or are they tied to the special moves you're allowed to equip to your character?

Can someone give me a brief explanation of how the gear system works? I've never played injustice2 and i heard most ppl hated it or didn't care about it.

Are they pure cosmetics? or are they tied to the special moves you're allowed to equip to your character?
Firstly it's not exactly the way Injustice 2 had it anyway, but the kustomization system gives you 3 gear slots for each character that changes one of three iconic aspects of a character (such as Johnny's glasses, Raiden's hat, ninja's masks, etc). Typically it goes as weapon/head piece/body piece but it varies.
Then there is the 4th slot, which selects a skin (overall costume) for your character. This is where the largest visual change will occur since this is where younger/older versions of the same character will be included. Things like current Scorpion or Klassic Scorpion, Revenant Liu Kang or human Liu Kang, etc, and also allows you to pick different colour schemes for said character.

The gear pieces themselves do not affect gameplay and are only for looking cool. There is a feature called Augments that also have 3 slots of their own and these do affect things like stats but are mostly reserved for singleplayer modes, and for online casual matches it must be opted in by both players to use them.
Ranked play has its own set of Augments that do not affect gameplay, but other meta aspects such as account exp growth, etc.

Tarkata shall ascend to the throne of Outworld, Shao Khan remains entombed and so the mighty Dragon King, Onaga shall never ruse hail Baraka Khan! Just going off that sick ass Samurai helmet Baraka has as a fear piece in this game lol