What's new

Official Ermac and Mavado Kameo Trailer

Comments

Ermac looks even better than I was hoping. At the very least he met my expectations of being a combo master. But he also seems to have some good setups, but I’ll need to watch it a few more times lol.

Also, I expect that there will finally be a significant balance patch when Ermac releases. Based purely on the fact that we saw Reptile do a new move. Well that and I think we’re due for a significant balance patch!

And they maybe retconned Mavado's hook swords and Spider-Man stuff to be one in the same? That's actually pretty clever to separate him further from Kabal.

Ermac looks pretty decent, but a little stiff. Either way, him getting added and Reptile getting buffed means I'm back to MK1 full-time. Sorry Pokémon.

And they maybe retconned Mavado's hook swords and Spider-Man stuff to be one in the same? That's actually pretty clever to separate him further from Kabal.
The funny thing is it seems Mavado still got some leftovers from 3D era Kabal with that kameo move in which he pushes the enemy on you, maybe NRS decided to poke fun at the situation anyway in the end lol

Holy pisscock, Mavado looks insane. Ground bomb with block? That's gonna force wakeup options to be different unless the bomb also effects you.

I dunno where to even start with ermac, he looks insane.

Watched the trailer, and Ermac looks great, though I thought he was Genera Shao when talking. Same voice actor?

Not digging not-Spider-Man, but didn't expect to.

Overall liking what I'm seeing.

So fuckin hyped for ermac , im loving the voice its like they overlayed 5 voices and harmonised them , which , considering the character would be amazing , love his colours his energy his floaty walk , he has a sindel like float i wonder what he can do from it

Wow. Its been a while since an NRS trailer gave me this much frisson. (i think it was mkx jacqui trailer) . He looks magnificent & properly realized. Day 1, Hour 1. We will be there.

Balance is lame... just commit to the MvC2 tyle and make everything in the game broken and let the players run free.
Tsk tsk. Havent we learned that NRS games can get very unfun if things arent tuned properly?

How would that work? I don't know much about MK11's mechanics. You flawless block, then you're allowed to use some sort of kameo pushback?
Something akin to a blowback(kof) or drive reversal (sf6) i would think. Its a get off me. I like the idea if it uses kameo bar tho :). I could use this.

Big fan of Ermacs design, I much preferred MK9 to MKX but I think they managed best of both.

Excited to see Ermacs capture states for setup potential and also that Mavado has a trap too!

I think you are alone on this one.
I think NRS players focus too much on narrative. They usually just want a scrubby, exploitable, 2touching flow-chart that can land them a win with minimal thinking.

But I do admit, I am in the minority. I like the challenge of making a marginally bad character a threat. I never said this before but, I trust the NRS balancing team this time around (it feels like someone new got hired). Sue me, but the balance changes weve seen so far have all been–in my humble opinion–in benefit to the games health.

Brief thoughts:

1. Ermac looks a lot better than I'd hoped. Not just his amazing animations, but just his costume. The look he'd had was boring and this feels so much cleaner.
  2. I'm super glad they brought mavado back. His elastic hooks are a really wacky but neat weapon i've never seen in any other media. Glad they focused on that.
  3. Here's hoping this breaths some much needed life into the game. I'd love to dive back in, even if it means unpacking my main computer, but just haven't felt the desire.
Edit:

Balance is lame... just commit to the MvC2 tyle and make everything in the game broken and let the players run free.
That is still a type of balance. No one would be hyping MvC2 if you could only run MSS mirrors. The complaint for MK1 is that some characters get to play the MvC2 version of the game while others are playing the SF version.