What's new

Match Footage Official Deathstroke Match Footage Thread

Crathen

Death is my business

Some old footage of me vs Qwark28 #1 TYM Asshole

What i've learned from fighting the first good Joker and what i was doing incorrectly.

Jump distance DS can't contain Joker , his sweep outreaches most of your normals , at those distances you should focus on 32 , f3 and b1u2 at best ( Sword Flip has better reach but it's too YOLO and should not be used unless on a big read ) , you can't AA him on reaction ( SF and d2 get both beat by j2 and j3 ) and air to air are in his advantage because DS height restrictions on jumping normals , j3 is too slow anyway so if you want to make the read use j1.

Since DS backdash doesn't travel much you'll be easy target for j2/j3 after his + on block strings , jumping back or forward will mostly lose to his superior jumping normals , block correctly and pushblock if necessary.

Whiffing normals at jump distance is no bueno even if you recover in time to block he's going to jump on you and get the advantage or go for a crossup/ non-crossup mixup with j2 ( distance dependent ).

Most of his strings leave him at slight advantage allowing him a d1 check , also always know the pushback of his strings , many allow him for a whiff punish or a jump mixup if you go for your normals.

Always avoid getting cornered , what i didn't save meter enough in those games was pushblock when near the corner , his corner game with teeth setups will either force you to Wakeup sword flip to beat his J2 / MB f3 or to block low while he's waiting to bait your SF.

When you knock him down far away mix up your low gunshots / AR checks with Trait , the most he'll get is a gunshot or 1-2 dashes , close knockdowns abuse his weak wakeup game by jumping over him with j3 or j1 ( j1 is better from 23 ender or raw SF , j3 from 12xxSF ender ).

His jumping arc is low so he's not going to easily jump quickfire / AR , keep that in mind.

When you are getting in always make sure you've established he won't jump or randomly gunshot to stop you , force him to get in with LGS and AR , always get in at your terms since he has no halfscreen check for your zoning.

Now with that said , i played pretty sloppy , missed A2A convertions quite a lot and missed some 23 enders , pressing buttons after his jumpins is a no go and should have buffered backdash a little more after blocking his jumpins since there's a gap when Joker goes for his slower normals ( like 32 ).

Could have used more 50/50 with b2 / b1u2 after blocked j3 instead of always trying to confirm 32 , missed punishing crowbar quite a lot and should have went with more 12xxSF enders for oki instead of f23XXSF wich gave me less advantage to cross him up with j3 to mess up with his wakeup flower.

Vagrant

Noob

Here's my match at GGA with maxintensity/Emperor Max.

Was really liberal with the wakeup just cause I noticed he wasn't respecting it much at all.

Probably should have zoned a bit more.

There's some stupid mistakes in there a lot from me not knowing the matchup very well.
(lol at my armor b3 against charge)

Ds definitely has a big advantage on watchtower vs Bane

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
a thing to add. wakeup sword flip is not going to beat mb f3 when timed correctly. if joker gets a hard knockdown in the corner and has 2 bars you will lose your entire lifebars in inescapable resets.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
a thing to add. wakeup sword flip is not going to beat mb f3 when timed correctly. if joker gets a hard knockdown in the corner and has 2 bars you will lose your entire lifebars in inescapable resets.
Can't you escape with a pushblock off the first thing to hit (teeth or f3)?

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
That's frightening, but I feel like it's only inescapable in theory. I may be totally off base here, but it seems like DS still has options that would require a correct read to make it a true unblockable. For example, if the DS delays wakeup and comes out with sword spin (invincible to teeth), the Joker would have to correctly read that and charge the mb f3 appropriately, and connect with it before the second hit of spin. But on a delay like that a wakeup flip would cross through and escape the corner. I don't have enough experience with that matchup to state any of the above definitively, but it seems like there's not a "guaranteed" unblockable reset. Maybe a 50/50?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's frightening, but I feel like it's only inescapable in theory. I may be totally off base here, but it seems like DS still has options that would require a correct read to make it a true unblockable. For example, if the DS delays wakeup and comes out with sword spin (invincible to teeth), the Joker would have to correctly read that and charge the mb f3 appropriately, and connect with it before the second hit of spin. But on a delay like that a wakeup flip would cross through and escape the corner. I don't have enough experience with that matchup to state any of the above definitively, but it seems like there's not a "guaranteed" unblockable reset. Maybe a 50/50?
it is completely guaranteed, you dont have enough time to do mb spin.

Vagrant

Noob
FINALLY got a chance to play a legit Zatanna to get a grip on how the match up works.

Here's me and GGA PimPimJim's set at GGA last night after the tourney

.Kinda learned the matchup as I went.. I have it at 5-5 for now. Theres a little bit of DS raven in there too for old times sake.

WARNING: Swag overload at 10:23!

Vagrant

Noob
And here's a great example of me taking my knowledge of the Shazam Deathstroke matchup and applying absolutely NONE of it.

Then jumping around like an idiot in a tourney nerve fueled self collapse.

I didn't play the matchup at all, I just played like an idiot.

Vagrant

Noob
Here's a wonderful collaboration of dropped combos and missed quickfire punishes.

This match shouldn't have been as close as it was, It should have been 2-0 I need to close out better.

Vagrant

Noob
Here's the run back between Hruza and I. He knocked me out last week 2-1. I made some adjustments in how I play the matchup and bounced back this time around.