What's new

Match Footage Official Deathstroke Match Footage Thread

Vagrant

Noob
I scanned over the Deathstroke forums and don't think I saw a thread for this. Be nice to start one up where everyone can post their matches.

I ran some casuals at GGA with Poor Tommy Wafflez' Grundy. Who's been busy with college and hasn't had much time to train at all so take these matches with a grain of salt.. I then ran casuals with D Que Beats' Catwoman (A Matchup I haven't even begun to delve into) and Green Lantern.

I played pretty hesitant during this set. Just trying to get a read on him as a player and work on my reaction times. During the green lantern match I kept trying to backdash after his b1 and whiff punish the follow up, but I couldn't get the timing down.

My sets start at 3:03:30 I provided plenty of dropped combos and dumb decisions to laugh at. There might be an occasional read here and there... lol

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/401494613

Can someone sticky this thread btw? Tim Static Sorry man I don't know who else to ask now that char mods are gone.

If you guys got match footage you wanna add feel free, lets keep this thread alive.

Hitoshura
RYX
karaokelove
Trini_Bwoi
Gengar
m2dave

Vagrant

Noob
Or maybe I fucked up and we need to merge them I don't know.

But like.... if you won a major tourney with DS would you put it in the "Critique my DS" thread? I guess you could but it doesn't really make sense imo.

Crathen

Death is my business

Here's some online ranked matches i played today , i still have to get used to all the MU specific things like quickshot / swordflip punishes and how to deal with the Ares MU , gotta get my automatisms down.
If i get the chance i'll record some offline matches with my sparring partner and maybe some online KOTHs with the guys i play online.

Btw if anyone wants to have some sets DS / Batman mu experience hit me up , can record them too if you guys want but keep in mind im european xbl.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Or maybe I fucked up and we need to merge them I don't know.

But like.... if you won a major tourney with DS would you put it in the "Critique my DS" thread? I guess you could but it doesn't really make sense imo.
Why not just change the title of the thread, that way there's a distinction between someone's play that is looking to improve/needs tweaking over someone's play that is obviously efficient and could be used as reference.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Btw if anyone wants to have some sets DS / Batman mu experience hit me up , can record them too if you guys want but keep in mind im european xbl.
If you could record your Batman vs my DS, you'd be my favorite person ever. I need some more Batman MU experience, and if I can analyze the footage afterwards, that would be an enormous help.

Crathen

Death is my business
If you could record your Batman vs my DS, you'd be my favorite person ever. I need some more Batman MU experience, and if I can analyze the footage afterwards, that would be an enormous help.
Sure if the connection isn't bad to the point of unplayable , gotta remember there's an ocean between us.Shoot me a friend request.

Coddfish

Noob
I often play some very long Batman/DS sets offline with a friend of mine here in New Zealand. I'm still not entirely sure how to approach the MU, but I think we're both levelling up and starting to understand each other's playstyles better.

Anyway, the point is, next time we play I'll try and record some matches, and it would be great to see other footage of this MU, see what I could be doing better, and so on.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I scanned over the Deathstroke forums and don't think I saw a thread for this. Be nice to start one up where everyone can post their matches.

I ran some casuals at GGA with Poor Tommy Wafflez' Grundy. Who's been busy with college and hasn't had much time to train at all so take these matches with a grain of salt.. I then ran casuals with D Que Beats' Catwoman (A Matchup I haven't even begun to delve into) and Green Lantern.

I played pretty hesitant during this set. Just trying to get a read on him as a player and work on my reaction times. During the green lantern match I kept trying to backdash after his b1 and whiff punish the follow up, but I couldn't get the timing down.

My sets start at 3:03:30 I provided plenty of dropped combos and dumb decisions to laugh at. There might be an occasional read here and there... lol

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/401494613

Can someone sticky this thread btw? Tim Static Sorry man I don't know who else to ask now that char mods are gone.

If you guys got match footage you wanna add feel free, lets keep this thread alive.

Hitoshura
RYX
karaokelove
Trini_Bwoi
Gengar
m2dave
Nice sets Vagrant! Glad to see someone who actually knows how to use his tools, rather then just stand in the corner spamming guns.

Your play style is very similar to mine. Is their any reason you weren't doing b222 or f23 for pressure? Also nice use of iags.

A short highlight vid of myself.
Just some basic stuff + hatemails.
Doing f2,3 more often now online (not in the vid though), but still going for the more basic stuff for the easy damage output.
Will be posting a FT5 set vs a strong Batman and Nightwing player soon.

Vagrant

Noob
Nice sets Vagrant! Glad to see someone who actually knows how to use his tools, rather then just stand in the corner spamming guns.

Your play style is very similar to mine. Is their any reason you weren't doing b222 or f23 for pressure? Also nice use of iags.
I don't like b2 unless i have 2 bars. If I hit with b22 (against larger hitbox chars) I can hit confirm into:

b22 dbmb ji3 ji2 323 f23spin <--- made by yours truly.

I should have used f23 more. just my week 1 muscle memory trolling me in those sets lol.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I don't like b2 unless i have 2 bars. If I hit with b22 (against larger hitbox chars) I can hit confirm into:

b22 dbmb ji3 ji2 323 f23spin <--- made by yours truly.

I should have used f23 more. just my week 1 muscle memory trolling me in those sets lol.
I want to change your mind about b22. Ill be releasing a new video today when i get home from work. Its about 7 mins long. Lots of goodies :)

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I did a first to 20 (technically) with Alex Valle, connection was okay, east to west coast. He played Joker and Flash against me, would love some criticism. I won 20-14. It starts at around the 5 hour mark and goes from there.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/404775262

I know sometimes I did a little bit too much of sword flip, as we got deeper into the sets, all of the sword flips that were mad random were accidental. And I know that Flash can punish Deathstroke mid screen on blocked guns, but he didn't know that so I abused it.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
One of my biggest problems is that I use sword flip way too much, and I also tend to spend my meter a lot when there's no reason to.And of course a lot of dropped combos.