What's new

Official Atlanta Injustice Ranking/Seeding System - Recommended to all scenes

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I would say that if the Gate Keeper gets skunked, he would not lose his spot since we're not keeping track of any rankings past 10. Someone else wouldn't just assume the spot of #10 but some sort of penalty needs to be levied against him for getting skunked if he does. If 9 gets skunked by 7, I wouldn't quite move him off the list since that would create that void which I want to avoid. 9 should move to 10 and be the gatekeeper but should have some penalty as well. What those penalties will be, working on determining that.
What if you simply made the rule state that ... if you challenge and get skunked...... you move to #9.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
i get that

I'm just saying... if #2 gets bodied by #1... then he just drops to #3

but if #6 gets bodied by #5.... he gets moved completely out of the rankings. Which would leave a void at the Gatekeeper spot. This is Blackula's addition... not the current one you're using.

I like the AK simple way honestly. It doesn't punish you for challenging.... which is the point yeah?

Unless i read it wrong.

You don't get punished for challenging because if you did, the model would reflect moving down if you lost regardless of a skunk or not. This is only if you get skunked, not for challenging. Someone was shocked when one of our guys didn't move down two spots because he lost twice, and neither one was a skunk. He moved from #2 to #3 and then lost again but stayed #3 after the second loss.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
i get that

I'm just saying... if #2 gets bodied by #1... then he just drops to #3

but if #6 gets bodied by #5.... he gets moved completely out of the rankings. Which would leave a void at the Gatekeeper spot. This is Blackula's addition... not the current one you're using.

I like the AK simple way honestly. It doesn't punish you for challenging.... which is the point yeah?

Unless i read it wrong.
You read it wrong lol.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
How are you guys making the challenges? Are you doing on the spot challenges, advanced notice challenges, or a combination of the two?

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
As of right now from what has gone on we are doing on the spot challenges

Reason I'm asking is we just started this week and we already have people arguing about it. Namely about unranked people getting to play the Gatekeeper. We have 3 to 4 sessions a week and he goes to at least one of them per week. But someone was like well what if I want to challenge the Gatekeeper and he's not at the session I'm attending? Some of the other guys want to punish that guy because he wasn't at the particular session so they could challenge him. Others want to say that if the Gatekeeper isn't there, then an unranked player should be able to challenge the lowest ranked person in attendance even if it's not the Gatekeeper which I see huge problems with this.

Have you guys had this situation come up yet?

AK Pig Of The Hut
AK Smarrgasm
AK Trepound380
AK TylerLantern
AK Reno_Racks
AK Walker
AK TwoOneTwo_Remy

We have gatherings Tuesdays and Fridays not 3-4 times a week and if a player misses 2 gatherings in a row then they are removed from the list. We haven't had the gatekeeper miss a session yet either but everyone is allowed to miss 1 session

LEGEND

YES!
Reason I'm asking is we just started this week and we already have people arguing about it. Namely about unranked people getting to play the Gatekeeper. We have 3 to 4 sessions a week and he goes to at least one of them per week. But someone was like well what if I want to challenge the Gatekeeper and he's not at the session I'm attending? Some of the other guys want to punish that guy because he wasn't at the particular session so they could challenge him. Others want to say that if the Gatekeeper isn't there, then an unranked player should be able to challenge the lowest ranked person in attendance even if it's not the Gatekeeper which I see huge problems with this.

AK Pig Of The Hut
AK Smarrgasm
AK Trepound380
AK TylerLantern
AK Reno_Racks
AK Walker
AK TwoOneTwo_Remy
i also have this concern, and i think i'm planning on implementing the same solution. Though if someone beat #9 to get on the list then the gate keeper would be taken off without being able to defend himself?

any other solutions to this that i can think of atm can get pretty messy

Also no they shouldn't be allowed to challenge the lowest rank person on the list they have to prove they can be on the list by beating the gatekeeper first they have to be patient and either wait on the gatekeeper or wait for him to miss a second session. And he shouldn't be flooded with people challenging him I don't think because they are allowed 1 challenge per week if I remember correctly

Mr Aquaman said:
Also Shoutouts to @Reayon ARES!
And thx for the shout out I will show people who the real god is amoung them...ARES!

AK Walker

Han shot first

3 to 4 a week? Wow. We get together once a week at Reno's place and that's where we do the challenges. The system was designed around that. Friday nights the ATL FGC gets together at GA Tech and you MAY do it there but I perfer to do it at Reno's which is just the Injustice crew. For you guys I would suggest picking an official night to do it. Like Wednesday night is Injustice night for example. Generally if someone doesn't show up they have to show up the following week. Our #8 guy couldn't make it this Tuesday because he had car trouble and I said it was cool as long as he showed up next week. If he doesn't come this Tuesday then he drops a rank and this continues until he falls off the board.

Oh and i asked pig but we need to figure out our list because i 5-0 client and reno and dont know how the list is supposed to look

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
As of right now this is what our weekly schedule looks like.

Tuesday - Winners Sports Bar (Mainly Injustice players, some AE, Marvel)
Friday - My place (generally the largest Injustice session of the week, but it's a bit farther for some who attend the Tuesday session; also host to other games)
Saturday - My place again (sometimes)
Sunday - Replays (usually has the least amount of Injustice players and is the farthest location for everyone)

AK Walker

Han shot first
As of right now this is what our weekly schedule looks like.

Tuesday - Winners Sports Bar (Mainly Injustice players, some AE, Marvel)
Friday - My place (generally the largest Injustice session of the week, but it's a bit farther for some who attend the Tuesday session; also host to other games)
Saturday - My place again (sometimes)
Sunday - Replays (usually has the least amount of Injustice players and is the farthest location for everyone)

Pick a day where all of the REGULAR injustice guys can get together.