What's new

[OCT 9th-12th] TCEG Con $1000 Pot Bonus for MKX (Edmonton, AB)

Banazama

Noob
Looks like I'm not going to this event :(. Anyone not buy their passes yet? I've got two general admission passes and an admission + gaming pass I'm looking to give away.

Last edited:
Going to register this week.

So how does this work, you need event passes then register for each game?

Edit: God this site is a bitch to go through. Is there a schedule?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
@Jimmypotato It looks like MKX is Saturday only. @SoundsLikePAUSE That sound right? MKX is easy enough to run in one day, but want to make sure I'm not going to miss top 8 or anything if it's on Sunday.
Honestly bro, I'm not too sure. Schedule has it listed as happening on Sat & Sunday so I'm guessing the plan is to hold Top 8 on Sunday. Inconvenient for sure, but better for the scene. Assuming it will be streamed.

Banazama

Noob
Going to register this week.

So how does this work, you need event passes then register for each game?

Edit: God this site is a bitch to go through. Is there a schedule?
Did you register yet BiPolar? I mentioned how I bought passes but can't make it, so I could just give you my pass. Might save you time trying to figure out that website.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like you just might not make it period based on that last post. Well, offer still stands regardless.

@Banazama Not yet. That'd be cool, I'm just trying to figure things out here on our end. Haven't got a response from any Calgary people, and need to know what time this top 8 is on Sunday, since I need to be there for Thanksgiving dinner/drive people back to the airport.

I really don't want to foot a hotel room for myself lol, seems a little pointless

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Unfortunately, everyone who attended this tournament doesn't frequent TYM often and something came up and I was unable to attend this event but here are the results!

1st Place: Chris (Jesus) G (Reptile/Kung Jin)
2nd Place: MashPotatoTower (Kano)
3rd Place: Justin Wong (Raiden)

WIll update this thread with stream archive if I can find one.

Shout out to MPT for showing that our scene can compete with best of them by sending J Wong to Losers and then eliminating him!

Levaranoia

War God
It sucks it went down like that,

this is why we can't have nice things.
I went to Shiro's tourney in edmonton back in 2011 or 2012 for MK9. It was poorly run. "Plenty of converters" turned out to be 2 converters. Took a whole day to run a 16 man tourney for it. Never again lol.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I went to Shiro's tourney in edmonton back in 2011 or 2012 for MK9. It was poorly run. "Plenty of converters" turned out to be 2 converters. Took a whole day to run a 16 man tourney for it. Never again lol.
Shiro was not the problem this time. It was one man who got way in over his head. Although the tournament itself was poorly run, many of the pro players that came had nothing but great things to say about the Edmonton/Calgary scene and would love to come back.