What's new

[OCT 9th-12th] TCEG Con $1000 Pot Bonus for MKX (Edmonton, AB)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Well guys, my money rain dance worked!

This trading card and electronic gaming con (TCEG Con) is hosting and featuring 4 days of fun filled gaming. The show will be featuring trading card, console, board, table top, and PC game events. This will be Canada's largest gaming convention ever held! All events are officially sanctioned.

Please visit the website for more information and details.

https://www.tcegcon2015.com/

Also, don't forget to like our TCEG Con Facebook page!

TCEG Con will be hosting tournaments for the following games:

Magic the Gathering
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
WeiB Schwarz
Universal Fighting System
Cardfight Vanguard
Force of Will

Street Fighter IV
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom
Mortal Kombat X
Blazblue Chronophantasma
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros.

League of Legends
DOTA 2
Minecraft
Titanfall
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

The Settlers of Cattan
Ticket to Ride
Splendor
Star Realms
Carcassonne

Heroclix
Pathfinder
Dungeons & Dragons
Warhammer

More information on events, tournaments, and so on will be updated daily.

@Jimmypotato
@BiPolarExxpress

Tag anyone who might be interested!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
lol Yeah, they felt the need to give our tournament a fancy name for some reason but it's the Blood Battle one.
alright yah, I saw the rules for there brutality run thing, 50% flawless victorys plus do every brutal and fatal your character has?? lol like, hopefully they know some of the brutals are variation specific, and good fuckin luck getting 50% or more flawlesses if they are counting it by round and even playing on medium,

shit is rough lol

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
alright yah, I saw the rules for there brutality run thing, 50% flawless victorys plus do every brutal and fatal your character has?? lol like, hopefully they know some of the brutals are variation specific, and good fuckin luck getting 50% or more flawlesses if they are counting it by round and even playing on medium,

shit is rough lol
Haha Yeah dude, I saw the rules for it and was like "wtf..". That's like some carnival game trap shit. Ain't nobody gonna be able to do that.

Banazama

Noob
The MOBA guys have been saying that the $1000 pot bonus only applies if the game gets at least 50 entrants. Does Alberta even have 50 dedicated MK players?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
The MOBA guys have been saying that the $1000 pot bonus only applies if the game gets at least 50 entrants. Does Alberta even have 50 dedicated MK players?
Dedicated? Probably not, but it's happening at WEM so I'm sure casuals will fill the quota. Also, from what I heard the 50 entrants rule was only for the games with $2000 pot bonus but I'll look into that.

Banazama

Noob
Dedicated? Probably not, but it's happening at WEM so I'm sure casuals will fill the quota. Also, from what I heard the 50 entrants rule was only for the games with $2000 pot bonus but I'll look into that.
Doesn't make sense to revoke $2000 from one game and not revoke $1000 for the same reason. Forgetting to mention the 50 player minimum is what I got out of the facebook post, though it doesn't hurt to be sure and check.

Also the gaming tournaments are being held at the Butterdome instead of WEM because of space constraints. That puts a dent in the casual audience picking up the slack plan.

Shiro420

Tournament Organizer
It should be mention that while this event will get quite a few people attending. I don't think Dee J will pull the bonus pot if there is less than 25 people. Atleast that is what he has said to me anytime we have talked.

Also the gaming tournaments (even though it says it's at the butterdom) are not at the butterdom. Their actually going to be at the Mall. The dom wanted way to much and was really fucking unreasonable. They would not allow setup until 6pm on friday o.0 which was not going to happen.

Banazama

Noob
Thanks for the information Shiro.
Though to be honest, the Butterdome situation has me a bit skeptical about the organization of this event. It is early so I suppose you still have time to sort out the kinks. But I am concerned on how the tournament could return to the mall when there was an initial revision to move it elsewhere.

Shiro420

Tournament Organizer
The fellow in charge if this is honestly very new to how gaming tournaments works. He knows how con's work but not what we do, take it with a grain of salt, but do keep skeptical. I myself am very skeptical. I want the event to be successful so he will do more, but we have all had to deal with dumb shit from people in the past.

I am in charge of doing the fighting games, I can tell you that his 50 player count is not for MKX it is 25 players. This is against anything I've suggested, but we will see how it goes.

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
West Edmonton Mall looks amazing, like great for a family vacation... too bad its sooo far away.

Banazama

Noob
The fellow in charge if this is honestly very new to how gaming tournaments works. He knows how con's work but not what we do, take it with a grain of salt, but do keep skeptical. I myself am very skeptical. I want the event to be successful so he will do more, but we have all had to deal with dumb shit from people in the past.

I am in charge of doing the fighting games, I can tell you that his 50 player count is not for MKX it is 25 players. This is against anything I've suggested, but we will see how it goes.
Thanks again for being upfront and giving us some of the inside details. I'll keep myself updated and adjust my plans accordingly.
And please let us know about any big discrepancies between the public info and what's actually going on if this sort of thing happens again in the future.

Shiro420

Tournament Organizer
Thanks again for being upfront and giving us some of the inside details. I'll keep myself updated and adjust my plans accordingly.
And please let us know about any big discrepancies between the public info and what's actually going on if this sort of thing happens again in the future.
I will for sure, I really want this event to work, I would love to see something big (convention wise) happen for Alberta, we don't really have a convention that covers ALL gaming as a whole.

fobley

Noob
planning to go to this as this convention scratches all my itches lol, from Magic to board games to MKX. Please keep this thread updated with any additional info!