What's new

Strategy Objective discussion for 1.06 Raven and the metagame

ZalliX

Noob
Regarding f1, you're forgetting that d3 is pretty much a universal safe counter to it (okay a few characters have crappy d3s). If you read the f1 then d3 will win (as f1 will wiff), and if they try to do f1 then lift (can't cancel f1 into lift if f1 wiffs, so you have to do the full recovery of f1 before lift) then I don't think there's a d3 in the game that won't come out and hit before lift becomes active. Please, just admit it's a terrible move that only terrible players (or those who don't know the MU) will fall for :)
I refuse!!! I know that it will catch jumpers if you hit them with b3.

Also, I was in practice mode last night and 3 is a hard knockdown. Time to end our combos with just 3

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Mb b3 and f3 buffs help with unclashable damage. Befor this upcoming patch, Raven could at best do MB Soul Crush/EventHorizon/Sing larity MB Negative Mass B3 F3 or some combination thereof. Now with full meter I wouldnt ve surpised if she could break 40% unclashable, and in positive she breaks 35% with 3 Bars.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Mb b3 and f3 buffs help with unclashable damage. Befor this upcoming patch, Raven could at best do MB Soul Crush/EventHorizon/Sing larity MB Negative Mass B3 F3 or some combination thereof. Now with full meter I wouldnt ve surpised if she could break 40% unclashable, and in positive she breaks 35% with 3 Bars.
Only thing that is unclashable is pillars and currently she can get 43% for 4 bars all unclashable.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Only thing that is unclashable is pillars and currently she can get 43% for 4 bars all unclashable.
What's the combo? Also I meant start with the Crush/other clashable special, then B3 or MB Negative Mass the other then F3. From what I understand none of that is clashable in that order.

Blind_Ducky

What's the combo? Also I meant start with the Crush/other clashable special, then B3 or MB Negative Mass the other then F3. From what I understand none of that is clashable in that order.
AA mb pillar into 3 more mb pillars = 43%. That's her max to my knowledge. Yes that stuff Is unclashable too

What is funny is even though she wasn't mentioned at all in the patch, a lot of changes in mechanics really benefited her. The 2bar cost for armor interactables, and the nerfs to superman and black Adam in particular. (Yes these two were so overpowering to a lot of the cast I consider it a game mechanic). The fun will be seeing how she responds to revisiting old matchups such as cyborg who may require a new game plan

Thought this was a Raven thread, not Deathstroke.

Quick opinion: bad MUs got worse (lol 2 hits of armour), bad stages got better. Shame they didn't fix the f22 bug (strange as they fixed quite a few bugs in this one) and make some of her normals more useful (looking at the patch notes it's not surprising, as it's mainly bug fixes and BIG changes).
I don't consider the f22 having worse recovery a bug more or a be precise or pay the price kind of thing . If not it might as well just be f2 in the strings as well .

Sami

Noob
I don't consider the f22 having worse recovery a bug more or a be precise or pay the price kind of thing . If not it might as well just be f2 in the strings as well .
One of the most retarded arguments defending a bug I've seen.

f22 does not exist as a move or combo string. Inputting it quickly should give the exact same result as just f2. Inputting the second 2 slowly should give f2, 2. Anything else is a bug, plain and simple.

One of the most retarded arguments defending a bug I've seen.

f22 does not exist as a move or combo string. Inputting it quickly should give the exact same result as just f2. Inputting the second 2 slowly should give f2, 2. Anything else is a bug, plain and simple.

I think it was done on purpose. The fact that they didn't change it enforces me to think so. They probably did this so that the f2 strings would be less abuse able.

What incorrect frame data are you talking about ? Or are you just saying they should input in the move list f22 and how it is more negative than just f2 ?

Well you're implying that everything left in the game was intentional, therefore the incorrect frame data that was left in the game must be intentional even though it's clearly wrong. I'm saying your logic is wrong.

Well you're implying that everything left in the game was intentional, therefore the incorrect frame data that was left in the game must be intentional even though it's clearly wrong. I'm saying your logic is wrong.
Incorrect frame data isn't game functionality. But i get your point. I really don't think the last part of Zatannas 221 and 223 are supposed to miss Zod and it was left .

How ever i still think the f22 was intended to have more recovery so she wouldn't be more brain dead to play with. But i guess that my opinion. Maybe i just like it because it potentially keeps some others of Raven and i like under used characters :).

Blind_Ducky

Incorrect frame data isn't game functionality. But i get your point. I really don't think the last part of Zatannas 221 and 223 are supposed to miss Zod and it was left .

How ever i still think the f22 was intended to have more recovery so she wouldn't be more brain dead to play with. But i guess that my opinion. Maybe i just like it because it potentially keeps some others of Raven and i like under used characters :).
Do you really have THAT much faith in NRS?

Do you really have THAT much faith in NRS?
You must be blind man, did you miss the part of me saying i kinda like it that way... I'm a Pun-ie guy i know :joker:.....

But i generally think i get a good idea of what NRS is going for, or maybe that just my ego talking :oops: .

Blind_Ducky

You must be blind man, did you miss the part of me saying i kinda like it that way... I'm a Pun-ie guy i know :joker:.....

But i generally think i get a good idea of what NRS is going for, or maybe that just my ego talking :oops: .
I was trying to make a joke because NRS track record with bugs is pretty...yeah. I understand your perspective on this but honestly there's no way it was intentional. NRS just kinda fucked up and either way it's not really a big deal so whatever.

I was trying to make a joke because NRS track record with bugs is pretty...yeah. I understand your perspective on this but honestly there's no way it was intentional. NRS just kinda fucked up and either way it's not really a big deal so whatever.
I'm going to reiterate that i don't think it's a fuck up:mad:. NRS is buggy as hell though. The amount of bugs i have found it training mode is getting ridiculous ..... But let me stop derailing ........

for some reason i enjoy playing raven more than pre-patch... but maybe it was just me having a break

Same here. Maybe I have some silly feeling of pride for still playing the only character that wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes. But I too took a (very short) break from Raven and was using Bane instead. I'm using Raven again now and I seem to be doing a lot better than before. This happened last time I took a break from using her. I came back to her and did much better.