What's new

NRS working on a Marvel Fighting Game?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
WB put Predator in MKX, who is owned by one of their competitors. I don't see an issue with them making a Marvel game
At that time (2015), Predator was owned by 20th Century Fox, who was not a fighting game competitor with NRS/WB to my knowledge.

In 2019, 20th Century Fox was bought by Disney and renamed 20th Century Studios. NOW they are direct fighting game competitors.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Pretty sure he's just trolling, but I guess there is always a chance.

I remember the GameInformer interview he did when MK11 was about to come out and he said that he had a meeting about a potential Marvel fighting game. Also, in the past, Ed usually DOES start hinting at their next game through his tweets. Before Injustice 2 was revealed he suddenly started tweeting A LOT about The Flash and whatnot.

But again, in this case I think he's just trolling.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Fun fact: businesses don’t care about fanboy comic universe allegiances. If it makes bank, they’ll do it.

Disney are leasing out Marvel IP’s to studios that they think could do a character justice. Hence Insomniac doing Spider Man, hence Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix doing Avengers. Disney have no console gaming division anymore, the end of Disney Infinity saw the breakdown of it. They purely lease their IP’s out now.

MvC:I flopped HARD. The most successful modern day fighting game developer is NRS when it comes to money and sales. A Marvel game, or Marvel vs DC, would be in the best interests for both WB Games and Disney.

Boon even discussed that he was approached by Marvel in a pre release interview for MK11, and then said that he couldn’t say anything more. The host then joked about Marvel vs DC whilst Boon had a huge shit eating grin on his face.

Does this confirm Marvel vs DC? No. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility like some of you think.

Plus, it’d be hype as fuck. I’d rather Marvel vs DC in Injustices style than Injustice 3.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
You do know WB made the Lego Marvel games?
WB Games has already done this before. They were the ones who made a lot of the Lego Games including - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 which came out around the same time MvC Infinite did with Capcom. Not sure how all that works
That is not how licensing works. The deal they have is with LEGO. Look anything is possible, but if NRS make a marvel game I'll buy both of you the game on the platform of your choice.

It will not happen, no way in hell.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
My two cents is that marvel games are recruiting triple A devs for their games, it started with Insomniac for Spider-Man and Camoflouj for Iron Man VR, Team Ninja for Ultimate Alliance 3, Sq. Enix + Crystal Dynamics for Avengers, so IF they are looking to have a top notch Marvel Fighting game, then NRS is clearly the devs to do so.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Boon even discussed that he was approached by Marvel in a pre release interview for MK11, and then said that he couldn’t say anything more. The host then joked about Marvel vs DC whilst Boon had a huge shit eating grin on his face.
Wait, WHAT?! Marvel approached Boon?! I thought it was the other way around!

After the whole FOX thing died down, mutants and the FF have been getting a lot of love in the comics lately.
I know, I'm reading the full Dawn of X line-up, Psylocke and Betsy are getting quite the attention, but in spite of that I can't see NRS going further than Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Jean and Deadpool (which are all characters I love too though).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Fun fact: businesses don’t care about fanboy comic universe allegiances. If it makes bank, they’ll do it.

Disney are leasing out Marvel IP’s to studios that they think could do a character justice. Hence Insomniac doing Spider Man, hence Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix doing Avengers. Disney have no console gaming division anymore, the end of Disney Infinity saw the breakdown of it. They purely lease their IP’s out now.

MvC:I flopped HARD. The most successful modern day fighting game developer is NRS when it comes to money and sales. A Marvel game, or Marvel vs DC, would be in the best interests for both WB Games and Disney.

Does this confirm Marvel vs DC? No. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility like some of you think.

Plus, it’d be hype as fuck. I’d rather Marvel vs DC in Injustices style than Injustice 3.
Bruuuuuuuuuh

Doomsday VS Magneto, though?

I can't. I would not be able to even.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Lokheit

Noob
FWIW, WB is about to sell their videogames branch to the best bidder. EA and Activision (they have worked with disney IPs star wars before) sound interested in acquiring it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think we can pump the brakes on a Marvel vs DC game happening. I think an NRS developed Marvel game on its own is a very real possibility, though. I would be incredibly excited for a Marvel game by NRS as long as it doesn't play like their latest release, which is a borefest.

I also think it's hilarious that we are jumping directly to choosing out mains before we even know if the game is really in development, let alone the roster.

Having said that, I'm going to go get the Ronan combo thread started.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
If Marvel vs DC FG happens i want 40 base roster with 20 DLC

20 DC
20 Marvel

10 DC
10 Marvel

no Guests

i want ALLLLL

xmen
4 fantastic
justice League
Avangers

Marvel : Carnage Main
DC : Flash or Eobard or Hunter Zolomon Main

Based on NRS historical release schedule, NRS should have a new game coming out Spring 2021. Up until MK11, this games were usually revealed around E3. If NRS doesnt spill the beans by the end of July, we will probably be looking at another Game Awards reveal with the game launching in May 2021.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Based on NRS historical release schedule, NRS should have a new game coming out Spring 2021. Up until MK11, this games were usually revealed around E3. If NRS doesnt spill the beans by the end of July, we will probably be looking at another Game Awards reveal with the game launching in May 2021.
totally agreed here ! this is the schedule I believe in :)

will happen this way ;)

MCPeePants

Bout it
With the pandemic and the way they've been talking about supporting MK11 a lot longer, blah blah, I fully expect the next game to come out in 2022. Which means no reveal this year.

With the pandemic and the way they've been talking about supporting MK11 a lot longer, blah blah, I fully expect the next game to come out in 2022. Which means no reveal this year.
Could be the case if they're going full next gen, although I doubt it since their public is hugely composed of casual gamers. It's probably a cross-gen title that's being revealed in the Game Awards.