What's new

NRS ''sonya bug is pretty vague'' really?

sonya bug is not important really why? so she not been able to cancel d4 to rings in a real fight because the ring will go right through the body of your opponent is not important and should not be fix ? whf ? this is really important for her game and it need to be fix

please do not overlook this just because you have not seen players using d4 to rings because the only reason i have not been using this in a fight is because i know about this bug and i am afraid i will get punish just because the rings are going right through my opponents body and you are going to tell me that there is not a problem with that? this is sad . . . trust me when i said this bug getting fix is really important to her game

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The "sonya bug is pretty vague" is totally out of context and was a reply to someone in the chat that kept spamming.

Hey any Sonya changes?
Hey any Sonya changes?
Hey any Sonya changes?
Did you fix the Sonya bug?
Sonya bug fixed, it must be!!

So I answered Sonya bug is pretty vague hoping for some more definition of it but got none and still have no idea which one he was referring to. I assume the way he was talking it was something earth shattering like if you d4 5 times in a row your game crashes.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
and in reply to you post here again. which you already pm'd me with...

"It has nothing to do with how important it is. There are many many factors that go into things like things.

The way patches work, where it is things are patched on the fly when the game boots up (essentially hex-editing the executable at run-time) and only having 4ish megs to work with for your patch data. that is one factor.

Then what you are patching and the ramifications of it on other things and what testing will be required for it is another factor. Touching any byte of code/data anywhere about anything can lead to an unforseen totally unrelated problem somewhere else which can be totally unrelated.

Then you have to timeline issue. you only have XX time before you deadline and everything needs to get in before that and tested and verified and whatnot.

Then the resource issue, who is doing these changes and how, then who is testing it.

Then you have then after all that you have the different priority lists. which many factors come into play here. What is the problem, how big is the problem, how often does the problem occur, what % of the player base does this effect, what is the worse possible outcome when the problem happens. Then you takes all the possible problems and you have them in some list (for yourself) and other details have to taken into account. What are possible fixes for it, what are the known ramifications for these fixes, what are the unknown ramifications for these fixes, how fast/how easy is this fix, how much of your patch space will this fix eat up, how much programmer/designer time will these fixes eat up, how much QA time will these fixes add to.

All those lists need to be sorted through and have many different disciplines re-prioritizing them. The world doesn't revolve around my list of things that I want changed (it should!!! lol but back to reality), and it definitely doesn't revolve around your own personal lists and many things will factor into what will even be entertained to be looked at. And then after all this there are somethings that can't be done and fixed safely within the confines of patching.

After all that you have to take into account each console's guidelines and requirements and do any of these fixes go against any of them and that will get those changes bounced anyways.

Then you take the console guidelines and requirements must have fixes and put those to the top of any lists bumping everything else down.

Sadly, there is no magic wand you wave over a disc and that miraculously fixes every possible problem that has ever been known and isn't known yet."
So ya, some things don't get into a patch =(

I've been waiting for 6 years for my mage's blink button to work correctly every time...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
atleast you have a fucking far reaching low poke.. try using sindel with no far/decent poke. and then finding your character is getting no real buff like the armor on cartwheel.. so she'll just continue to get frame/rush down trapped by most of the cast...

fun fun fun fun fun fun -_-

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
it builds a lot of meter , it give sonya an even better sweep range game and against many characters it force them to jump to get in on sonya
May aswell just do d4 MS f1cartwheel though, a blocked ring wont build as much meter as that and theyre pretty similar disadvantage on block but both safe.
+ its more of a bonus if the punches or cartwheel hit :D

May aswell just do d4 MS f1cartwheel though, a blocked ring wont build as much meter as that and theyre pretty similar disadvantage on block but both safe.
+ its more of a bonus if the punches or cartwheel hit :D
i agree 100% with you ms is better to build meter

what i like about d4 rings is that it builds meter and does not get you close to your opponent so i can keep doing it over and over again :)