What's new

NRS Reportedly Skipping Inj3 for MK12

Some ppl says that there is the same licensing issue on Mortal Kombat because it is also owned by WB.
That makes sense as well. I don't remember or even understand all that happened during the Midway bankruptcy era but there might be a lot of caveats in the fine print.

Did WB buy the studio which came with MK? Or did they buy the MK license under an agreement they take the studio/employees with it? Was there a timeframe within which they're tied together?

Depending on the situation it could be that WB wants to keep MK but doesn't want a studio under their watch?

All that said, i don't think Boon would be that stupid to give up whatever control he has over the franchise. I think whatever happens down the track, Boon and NRS will be somehow involved.

That makes sense as well. I don't remember or even understand all that happened during the Midway bankruptcy era but there might be a lot of caveats in the fine print.

Did WB buy the studio which came with MK? Or did they buy the MK license under an agreement they take the studio/employees with it? Was there a timeframe within which they're tied together?

Depending on the situation it could be that WB wants to keep MK but doesn't want a studio under their watch?

All that said, i don't think Boon would be that stupid to give up whatever control he has over the franchise. I think whatever happens down the track, Boon and NRS will be somehow involved.
From Wikipedia on NetherRealm Studios: "On February 12, 2009, Midway Games filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States.[2][3] Warner Bros. subsequently acquired "substantially all of the assets", including Mortal Kombat, This Is Vegas and the Midway Games company structure, on July 10, 2009.[4][5] While Warner Bros. went on to close most of Midway Games' Chicago headquarters and San Diego, California and Liverpool, England, development studios, they retained the Midway Games Chicago development studio, which became part of Interactive Entertainment.[6][7] The surviving studio was renamed WB Games Chicago a few days later.[8][9] On April 20, 2010, the studio was reincorporated as NetherRealm Studios, effectively replacing WB Games Chicago.[10][11] "

So yes, WB owns both the franchise and the development studio, of which Ed Boon is an employee.

He's the Game Director, however because he's the "face" of the franchise's developers, people seem to think he has far, far more decision making authority than he actually does.

I think we're going to get an Armageddon-sized game that has towers that are MK, MKII, MK3, MK4 specific where they are basically a remaster of those games.(Kharacters and Stages)
MK12 can be a copy and past of MK11 with 12 new fighters from the first tournament. The story can be about the first tournament.(Great Kung Lao, Goro, Shang Tsung ect) Where this game can really shine is in an expanded Krypt mode where it plays similar to Destiny where you have tasks you have to complete to progress the story and you can fight/challenge others for Krypt currency. You can use these Krypt Koins to buy costumes in the store instead of getting random gear.

Kharacter customization can be game-specific MK, MKII, MK3, MK4, or MK12 (costumes, movesets, etc)
New or retuning Ality: Stage Animalities

Or

Have fans vote on 16 Legacy Kharacters that are not part of the story but in every game going forward. let fans vote on Legacy Stages

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
An MK9 remake would be nice, but I don't have faith in NRS to keep some of the chaos that made the game great. I think they're more likely to copy the fighter list onto a modern framework than to build it from scratch.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I thought that the rumor that WB was selling Netherrealm was debunked? Source. Same Source just different report on it.

Are we just assuming that Warner Bros is lying? I mean that isn't crazy to assume, Nintendo does it all the time with their releases like with Skyward Sword HD.