What's new

General/Other NRS, please fix Sinestros trait in the next patch.

Sinestro's trait is godlike, but he has to work hard to get it. My biggest problem with people that complain about it is that I have to make a READ to get the most out of it. People act like Sinestro gets free shit as soon as he gets it. The only thing that is sort of free are the arachnid setups, everything else requires you to guess right. There is NO reason for him to lose it, especially since he has to charge to get it.

Thank you. I'm really surprised at just how many people fail to see the difference between his trait and others.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sinestro's trait is godlike, but he has to work hard to get it. My biggest problem with people that complain about it is that I have to make a READ to get the most out of it. People act like Sinestro gets free shit as soon as he gets it. The only thing that is sort of free are the arachnid setups, everything else requires you to guess right. There is NO reason for him to lose it, especially since he has to charge to get it.
You have to get a read to make the most of a 3-second-charge trait which persists through hits and pushblock and makes literally everything safe? As in if you ended a combo with shackles you could probably get 2/3 of that trait back on the spot? What about all of the characters who have to wait much longer periods? (Flash, for example). What about all the characters with similar problems and without projectiles? What about characters who have worse kits altogether AND get worse drawbacks than simply not having it?

Why should sinestro, a solid character whose trait simply accents it to the point of stupidity, not lose his trait when characters like Bane lose it and get shafted for not having it? Or characters like Batman whom, without their trait, are worse overall than sinestro and lose it upon being hit and pushblocked? Or characters like Flash whom lack projectiles altogether and can't use his trait until its full with no means to hasten the process and lose it with every single thing that comes by?

Honestly I'll be happy to trade you traits if you want. I'll be more than happy to have something that makes literally everything in my already solid kit even safer over something that I lose pretty much for free if I get hit even once and doesn't even work properly against some of the cast. :/ You having to charge it doesn't make it anything special or super difficult when you have the means to charge it in your free time and it takes no time to charge as it is.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You have to get a read to make the most of a 3-second-charge trait which persists through hits and pushblock and makes literally everything safe? As in if you ended a combo with shackles you could probably get 2/3 of that trait back on the spot? What about all of the characters who have to wait much longer periods? (Flash, for example). What about all the characters with similar problems and without projectiles? What about characters who have worse kits altogether AND get worse drawbacks than simply not having it?

Why should sinestro, a solid character whose trait simply accents it to the point of stupidity, not lose his trait when characters like Bane lose it and get shafted for not having it? Or characters like Batman whom, without their trait, are worse overall than sinestro and lose it upon being hit and pushblocked? Or characters like Flash whom lack projectiles altogether and can't use his trait until its full with no means to hasten the process and lose it with every single thing that comes by?

Honestly I'll be happy to trade you traits if you want. I'll be more than happy to have something that makes literally everything in my already solid kit even safer over something that I lose pretty much for free if I get hit even once and doesn't even work properly against some of the cast. :/ You having to charge it doesn't make it anything special or super difficult when you have the means to charge it in your free time and it takes no time to charge as it is.
I didn't say that other characters don't have problems. The examples you mentioned are not as big imo because they come back over time. Flash and Batman don't have to take any risks to get their traits back. And the charge time doesn't matter as much when characters like Aqua and Frost can safely check you every time you try.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I didn't say that other characters don't have problems. The examples you mentioned are not as big imo because they come back over time. Flash and Batman don't have to take any risks to get their traits back. And the charge time doesn't matter as much when characters like Aqua and Frost can safely check you every time you try.
You trying to say the problems Bane has without trait "aren't as big"?

lol bane goes level 3 opponent clashes then bane gets hit for 70% which is more severe?

That's Bane's problem and I somewhat sympathize. Your trait is on a timer, you should lose it regardless of how important it is. And you also don't have to work to get it. Then you can go turtle and wait for it to come back. Bane's trait operates differently. This is not a discussion of how traits work once they're active.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's Bane's problem and I somewhat sympathize. Your trait is on a timer, you should lose it regardless of how important it is. And you also don't have to work to get it. Then you can go turtle and wait for it to come back. Bane's trait operates differently. This is not a discussion of how traits work once they're active.
You can turtle until you've had 3 seconds, at some point, to charge. Hell, any shackle is basically a full trait. The mobility debuff Bane gets makes it so turtling isn't always an option.

LEGEND

YES!
This so much

even traited MB Arachnid set up aren't guaranteed and are actually a risk once your opponent knows the mix-ups behind it

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Because Flash and Bane don't have to charge their trait, you get it with the push of a button. Same with Batman. Shit, they get their trait out mid-combo.

Flash's goes away for half the match though, Sinestro can get most of his from a fullscreen knockdown or shackles. Bane Takes a ton more damage for quite a long time, he has no way to speed that up. Sure, you may have to hold a button but, for what? 2-3 seconds? Bane and Flash's traits are gone longer than it'd take you to charge your trait from 0 to full 5 times.

Also, what about someone like Joker, who can ONLY get his trait by countering a hit? That's a lot of work and it goes away with Clash when he doesn't get NEARLY the advantage that Sinestro gets from his trait.

This happens with all traits. Tho it is most noticeable with Sin and Bane imo. With bane if they clash you while you are in level 3 venom you immediately go into venom debuff. even if you win the clash it does next to no damage because your level three debuff scales it down so much.

on top of that you now have to deal with them being full screen away and you having your dash speed reduced, no armor, and taking an ~50% extra damage on both hit and chip. It really sucks.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2