What's new

Tech - Wrestler NRS please FIX Jax

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They were the kind the hotfix things like sinestro’s pushblock bug half a year after the final patch. That was independent of money. They didn’t have to do it. Hell, the only people it bothered were the competitive scene, which was, and still is, less than a fraction of their market.

Expense is never a reason for them not to do it. Some complaints about character balance always seems to fall on deaf ears. They do things they want, granted within reason of the scene, but the decision is there because they want to make it not wb.
This may not be entirely true. NRS were aware of the bug early in MKX where some of Kung Lao's specials built him an entire bar of meter and released a hotfix between that time but did not actually address said bug until the next major patch.

To turn what is effectively an optional extension of the same move into it's own special move would certainly have to be done through a new revision of the game.
It's definitely you who's being stupid, without a doubt.

This is a site dedicated to high level play. No one will end up struggling with inputs in the long run because people practice and actually learn how to press 3 buttons in quick succession.

Maybe it will be a buff for billybobswaggìns420 who can't do a command grab but for anyone whos semi decent, it's not a buff it's a fix.

If a fix doesn't change ANYTHING at all at high level, is it really a buff?
I wonder about this, the main reason Jax players want this change is to supposedly aid a variation that isn't even the optimal way to play it in the first place.

You know they have an entirely new game that came out that they are focusing on right? It's better too, you should go check it out. :)
MK11? That hasn't even been announced yet man.

---------------------------------------------------
As for the actual thread overall:

There's a lot of things in the final patch of MKX I don't agree with, but the game isn't getting patched again, Injustice 2 is WB's current pet project and MK11 is in development, that't the way WB sees it.

And I would dare say, NRS wouldn't be patching the game even if it was up to them anyway after hearing "just one more patch" over 5 years across 3 different games. I'll even go as far as to say patch support for Injustice 2 is pre-determined to end with the release of the final FP3 character is released now that they know where they stand on the fabled 'one more patch', regardless of what extent it will actually need one by then.

1) What's you're asking for right now isn't a fix, but a buff. Yes the whole Armor thing was a bug, but to bring back the armor AND switing the overhead version of the Dash Punch is a buff.

2) WB aren't gonna let NRS to work on MKX right now, they want them to focus on IJ2, and NRS are working for WB.

It's not that NRS don't care, it's WB that won't care enough to let NRS to support MKX. WB are the ones who drive by the money.
How do you know what youre saying is true ? About your second point I mean , you literally never know what's behind the scenes unless you work there , nrs could also be money hungry all the time , or it could be both or just one.

DeftMonk

Noob
Its not a buff in terms of properties but it is a buff in terms of execution. I've already exolained thst. You have to be dumb to not understand what I've meant. Also there is no point changing the inputs regardless.
I think you have no idea what the situation is bro. If you did you wouldn't keep acting like input change is referring to the apparently extremely high skill level required to hit bf2d.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
It's definitely you who's being stupid, without a doubt.

This is a site dedicated to high level play. No one will end up struggling with inputs in the long run because people practice and actually learn how to press 3 buttons in quick succession.

Maybe it will be a buff for billybobswaggìns420 who can't do a command grab but for anyone whos semi decent, it's not a buff it's a fix.

If a fix doesn't change ANYTHING at all at high level, is it really a buff?
Im 100% sure that it is you.
Oh give me a fucking break. I've played Reptile in MKX since day one, who has 3 versions of the Klaw Pounce (regular, close and far) with the final 2 versions require extra B and F inputs respectively, and I almost never use the far versions that requires the F input, but only the close that requires an extra B input or the regular version, because the far version is too tricky for me to do, and guess what? I still got some excellent wins in some excellent sets with my Reptile. So yes, I'm a good player despite me not using one version of a move out of 3, and I've never complained about either the close or far versions and their extra inputs. As I've said earlier, you don't have to use every single move or every single version of a move that a character has if it doesn't fit you, and if you can still win, it doesn't matter at all.

As for moves with an extra inputs in general, and also in response to you @DeftMonk , yes it isn't super duper hard per say, but it's also not very easy to perform, and by talking them out or making them easier, you take out the amount of practice you need to take to master that character, and making a character easier or harder to use can indeed either buff or nerf it even just by a tiny bit. If you look at other character guides and tier lists for other games such as BlazBlue and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, you would see that one of the cons for some characters is that they are very hard execution ones, in which case it can very easy to drop them in the tiers. Hell even in NRS games, NRS have buff/nerfed characters by making some of their combos/moves easier/harder to land in order to balance their games, or even just changing their inputs, like splitting Cryomancer's Sub-Zero's Grab string into his universal string and a command grab, all of that under the balance of MKX, aka buffs and nerfs. Execution is a part of the balance, and it doesn't matter if a certain player or a group of players can do a character's move or not.

And back to the topic regarding Jax' Overhead Dash Punch, all I've said to @JustPressingButtons at the OP is that he asks for a buff, because he wants to bring the regular EX Dash Punch to have armor again and for the Overhead versions to have it's input change. Granted that buff might be fair at the end, but it still a request for a buff for both versions of the Dash Punch, not a fix. In fact that was supposed to be just my footnote line in my original post, my main line was about that WB won't let NRS to work on MKX again because that's their focus at the moment. The fact that all of you made such a big deal out of it, let alone calling me names or even using TYM as the proof to why changing the execution of a move isn't a buff but a fix, it's just plane stupid.

How do you know what youre saying is true ? About your second point I mean , you literally never know what's behind the scenes unless you work there , nrs could also be money hungry all the time , or it could be both or just one.
Yes no one knows for sure what's behind the scenes, and yes NRS, just like any other company, is all about making money, if you're not here to make money then you're wasting your time. But it's not a secret that WB are the ones who calling the final shots, even though that NRS have some control over their games, WB are the ones who are calling the final shots. It could've that, for example, the Sinestro bug fix that @Crusty mentioned was done only because WB were allowing them to.

Tweedy

Noob
Heavy Weapons was good at the end. You just had to use 3b2 to link instead of the old combos that required running twice. Just because people didn't know that or didn't want to put the work in to learn those bnbs, doesn't mean it was bad.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Its not a buff in terms of properties but it is a buff in terms of execution. I've already exolained thst. You have to be dumb to not understand what I've meant. Also there is no point changing the inputs regardless.
Dude....what are you talking about? You explained your rationale, yes, but that doesn't mean you're correct. The shared input has created an issue where his oh dp will not come out after you've used the high dp with armor. That is 100% a bug requiring a fix. Separating the inputs in order to fix the bug is totally reasonable, and no man, at the highest level a minor input tweak has zero to do with balance or buffs or whatever. I don't know whether separating the inputs would definitely fix the bug because I'm not a coder, but it's a reasonable assumption or at least an avenue to pursue.

I'm a scrub and have zero issues executing GL overcharged lantern special at all 3 distances despite the extra directional input and I can't at all see whereas a competitive player would either. Youre just being stubborn man, this isn't a buff lol.

Roy Arkon

Dude....what are you talking about? You explained your rationale, yes, but that doesn't mean you're correct. The shared input has created an issue where his oh dp will not come out after you've used the high dp with armor. That is 100% a bug requiring a fix. Separating the inputs in order to fix the bug is totally reasonable, and no man, at the highest level a minor input tweak has zero to do with balance or buffs or whatever. I don't know whether separating the inputs would definitely fix the bug because I'm not a coder, but it's a reasonable assumption or at least an avenue to pursue.

I'm a scrub and have zero issues executing GL overcharged lantern special at all 3 distances despite the extra directional input and I can't at all see whereas a competitive player would either. Youre just being stubborn man, this isn't a buff lol.
Ok so you can use all versions of Green Lantern's overcharged, good for you, but like I said, you don't have to use every single move of a character or every single versions of a move, or even use a hard-to-use character (lime I'm using Noxious Reptile in MKX, a very simplistic character that is just as strong as Nimble Reptile, a hard-to-use character) to be a strong competitive player with that same character. One version of a move doesn't make a player. I'm not saying you're a bad player by any means, I'm just stating facts.

But regarding the Dash Punch, the only type of player that it might not matter that much is the extremely strong player and even then it might only open to him some options that he will be able to use due to his own skills and experience with that character. I'm not saying that the bug isn't real, but to tweak a move, even if that will be a very minor buff and even if it's only purpose is to supposedly fix that bug, it will still be a buff. Just like for example, if we wanna go to properties rather then execution/inputs, decreasing the startup frames of a move by 2 frames only, even though that it is a very minor buff, it is still a buff. And maybe that buff won't change that much, who knows, but it will still be a buff. But like I said, a lot of people on this thread make too much noise out of this, while it might be indeed not matter, I just wanted to point out to @JustPressingButtons what he actually asked for.

On top of all that, @Tweedy pretty much nailed the whole topic, you just had to use other tools instead of the Dash Punch. So regardless of all of that, it seems that the request about the Dash Punch, no offense, isn't necessary.

I'm done with this topic, I've said everything I have to say.

Last edited:

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
for other games such as BlazBlue and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, you would see that one of the cons for some characters is that they are very hard execution ones
Hi there, Dorm/Doom/Ammy main for UMVC3, and series long Arakune main for BlazBlue! The reason people consider execution in those games is because execution for them is both specific, and quite strict.
Please do not use them to justify the fact that you apparently avoid far Klaw Pounce because you are a potato, and doubly so don't do that to then justify saying that changing the input for OH dash punch is anything other than inconsequential in terms of execution kthxbai.

Roy Arkon

Hi there, Dorm/Doom/Ammy main for UMVC3, and series long Arakune main for BlazBlue! The reason people consider execution in those games is because execution for them is both specific, and quite strict.
Please do not use them to justify the fact that you apparently avoid far Klaw Pounce because you are a potato, and doubly so don't do that to then justify saying that changing the input for OH dash punch is anything other than inconsequential in terms of execution kthxbai.
I didn't take the overall execution level in both of those 2 games in general, I just use the character guides and tier lists made for those games as the examples. Even in NRS games that easier to play have characters that aren't so easy to use or mechanics that you're not gonna get them on the first try. Also the Klaw Pounce was another example and it has nothing to do with UMVC3 or BB. And no, I'm not a potato for not using just one versions of just one move while it still has 2 other versions that I do use as well as bunch of other moves and I still get good results with my Noxious Reptile because of that. I'm also don't use his EX Acid Spit that creates a puddle, that still doesn't mean anything. A perfect 10/10 player, I'm not, but a potato, absolutely not either.

And once again, yes it is a very minor thing, but even a very minor buff either in execution/inputs or properties is still a buff.

So don't put words into my mouth and don't judge me for things you don't know, thank you.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
On top of all that, @Tweedy pretty much nailed the whole topic, you just had to use other tools instead of the Dash Punch. So regardless of all of that, it seems that the request about the Dash Punch, no offense, isn't necessary.
Tweedy said that HW could still combo using run cancels to link into 3b2. So how dense are you to think that this mean his other two variations like the one in the thread title, are completely fixed, and them even being able to combo after using his armour "just isn't necessary"?

What is it about fighters that makes people say the dumbest shit. Just take a seat because your argument is getting more idiotic by the second as you keep grasping at anything to try to avoid having to concede that you were wrong. Pressing Forward after a Klaw Pounce is an extremely difficult input and as such you never do it? Wut. That's a you problem, I've literally never heard anyone say something like that. Bottom tier logic from a bottom tier player

I'm done with this topic, I've said everything I have to say.
I'd say thank fuck, but then you went and posted like 5 more times, so you were even wrong about this too

Last edited:

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I don’t recall them “promising” to work on the issue and like saying that the removal of armor was a temporary fix tho. In the end it was either a nerf they decided should be implemented for whatever reason or they were just lazy and decided to do that instead of fixing the bug

Also HW was the best variation imo against Mileena. That’s the only matchup I can think of where I’d choose HW over the other 2 variations

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Yes no one knows for sure what's behind the scenes, and yes NRS, just like any other company, is all about making money, if you're not here to make money then you're wasting your time. But it's not a secret that WB are the ones who calling the final shots, even though that NRS have some control over their games, WB are the ones who are calling the final shots. It could've that, for example, the Sinestro bug fix that @Crusty mentioned was done only because WB were allowing them to.
The only decision WB makes is what characters even make it into the games. They could care less how NRS handles the balance because NRS’ didn’t think they’d have to patch mkx one final time after the mkxl march patch. But guess what, they did because even they admitted the poor balance was reflected in the tournament setting.

You give WB too much credit and talk as though NRS is their only daughter company when they have several.

when you release a hot fix , you suppose to fix the issue eventualy.
They also said if mkx needed more support they would do what is needed and if i remember correctly that was coming from Ed himself.

I think NRS really should give extra love to the MK games since its what is selling the most compare mkx to injustice 2 , 4.8 million vs 1.44 million copy sold.

Injustice isnt as popular and beloved that is just FACT.

NRS most of the time they do listen to us and thats isnt WB telling them to do it.

Dont put all the blame to WB at the end of the day NRS can put their foot down and do what is needed.

Fixing jax for example wont cost them mutch there is no need for new assets just a bit of testing and a quick change in the code i work in the industry and i know how its done.

Roy Arkon

The only decision WB makes is what characters even make it into the games. They could care less how NRS handles the balance because NRS’ didn’t think they’d have to patch mkx one final time after the mkxl march patch. But guess what, they did because even they admitted the poor balance was reflected in the tournament setting.

You give WB too much credit and talk as though NRS is their only daughter company when they have several.
Ok @Crusty just because you were more professional then the others here I'm gonna respond to you. I know that WB have way more daughter companies other then NRS, they are a big publisher just like EA and Activision. Nowhere in this thread I've said such thing, in fact me supposedly "giving WB too much credit" shows the exact opposite of that. And no, I don't give them to much credit because while they don't have that much control on the balance itself or the technical stuff like graphics and such, they do have control on pretty much everything else in addition to which characters or what DLC content to make the cut, they're also the ones who deciding the release schedule for the games of all of their daughter companies and they want all of them, including NRS, to meet the release windows of the games and DLC, and they aren't gonna let them get work on a patch for a previous game if they feel it's gonna hurt the development time for the next game. They are also the ones who decided to give the PC port to HVS because WB are the ones who wanted to release all versions at once and look what happened to that port until last October.

NRS has some control, but it's WB who are calling the shots. I'm not saying that NRS are perfect, but that's the reality regarding the decisions involved

Tweedy said that HW could still combo using run cancels to link into 3b2. So how dense are you to think that this mean his other two variations like the one in the thread title, are completely fixed, and them even being able to combo after using his armour "just isn't necessary"?

What is it about fighters that makes people say the dumbest shit. Just take a seat because your argument is getting more idiotic by the second as you keep grasping at anything to try to avoid having to concede that you were wrong. Pressing Forward after a Klaw Pounce is an extremely difficult input and as such you never do it? Wut. That's a you problem, I've literally never heard anyone say something like that. Bottom tier logic from a bottom tier player

I'd say thank fuck, but then you went and posted like 5 more times, so you were even wrong about this too
The fact that you keep denying what I said regarding my results as a player despite not using one version of one move just shows how ridiculous you truly are. I'm sorry but that's the truth. Calling me a bottom tier player after everything I've done just because I don't like to use one version of one move out of 3 is beyond stupid and moronic. Also the fact that you ignore both @Tweedy 's and @TheGangstaFace 's comments regarding Jax, just proves that point even more. This is the type of stuff that make TYM to look bad, making so much noise about something so minor, and then insulting others for that. This is the real problem, not me not using one version of a move. If you use all of the moves and combos you can do and win, including huge wins, one move doesn't matter. Get your facts straight.

And to think that I only used that as an example for a point which was the minor line of my original post, just wow.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
when you release a hot fix , you suppose to fix the issue eventualy.
They also said if mkx needed more support they would do what is needed and if i remember correctly that was coming from Ed himself.

I think NRS really should give extra love to the MK games since its what is selling the most compare mkx to injustice 2 , 4.8 million vs 1.44 million copy sold.

Injustice isnt as popular and beloved that is just FACT.

NRS most of the time they do listen to us and thats isnt WB telling them to do it.

Dont put all the blame to WB at the end of the day NRS can put their foot down and do what is needed.

Fixing jax for example wont cost them mutch there is no need for new assets just a bit of testing and a quick change in the code i work in the industry and i know how its done.
Injustice 2 hasn't even been in the market for a year yet.

This argument of, let's not put equal effort into building up our new franchise because this other franchise we've been popularizing for 20 years is more popular (duh) makes absolutely no sense.