What's new

Tech - Wrestler NRS please FIX Jax

In MKXL's current state, Jax has one completely unplayable variation (Heavy Weapons), and two sub par variations (Wrestler and Pumped Up). This was due to run cancels being nerfed across the board and a bug which made Jax's overhead dash punch not come out at all meterlessly if he used armor on dash punch previously. NRS in a hotfix completely removed armor on dash punch while trying to "work on a fix", which essentially killed the characters viability in a competitive setting. The chance of another hotfix is slim to none, but can NRS finally fix this bug now ? Switch the input of overhead dash punch to DF2 if need be and restore the armor properties of regular dash punch.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
In MKXL's current state, Jax has one completely unplayable variation (Heavy Weapons), and two sub par variations (Wrestler and Pumped Up). This was due to run cancels being nerfed across the board and a bug which made Jax's overhead dash punch not come out at all meterlessly if he used armor on dash punch previously. NRS in a hotfix completely removed armor on dash punch while trying to "work on a fix", which essentially killed the characters viability in a competitive setting. The chance of another hotfix is slim to none, but can NRS finally fix this bug now ? Switch the input of overhead dash punch to DF2 if need be and restore the armor properties of regular dash punch.
As much as I’d like to turn a blind eye, NRS is probably past the point where they care about MKX enough to even support it, let alone patch it.

That being said, how infuriating would it have to be if they promised to fix something but didn’t deliver.I’d imagine immensely but it is what it is. They’re a money making company at the end of the day as much as we don’t like to admit.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
1) What's you're asking for right now isn't a fix, but a buff. Yes the whole Armor thing was a bug, but to bring back the armor AND switing the overhead version of the Dash Punch is a buff.

2) WB aren't gonna let NRS to work on MKX right now, they want them to focus on IJ2, and NRS are working for WB.

As much as I’d like to turn a blind eye, NRS is probably past the point where they care about MKX enough to even support it, let alone patch it.

That being said, how infuriating would it have to be if they promised to fix something but didn’t deliver.I’d imagine immensely but it id what it is. They’re a money making company at the end of the day as much as we don’t like to admit.
It's not that NRS don't care, it's WB that won't care enough to let NRS to support MKX. WB are the ones who drive by the money.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
1) What's you're asking for right now isn't a fix, but a buff. Yes the whole Armor thing was a bug, but to bring back the armor AND switing the overhead version of the Dash Punch is a buff.
how on earth is this a buff? The character was meant to have an armored Dash Punch and a non-armored Overhead Dash Punch.

How it stands a bug fucks that up, so elmer is suggesting separating the specials to different inputs might be a fix and means he can still have his one armored HIGH, and his regular non-armored overhead dash punch separated from that, so that you know, he's still able to do the minor thing of actually being able to do his combos, that only stop working after he armors something

This is undeniably a fix not a buff

HW is not unplayable I’ve said it before and will say it again

Run cancel combos with EX OHDP are still possible (and consistent) even with the run cancel changes. He’s a bad character in the game but really not that much worse than Pumped Up.

Crusty

2) WB aren't gonna let NRS to work on MKX right now, they want them to focus on IJ2, and NRS are working for WB.

It's not that NRS don't care, it's WB that won't care enough to let NRS to support MKX. WB are the ones who drive by the money.
NRS is but a daughter company of WB. At the end of the day it’s NRS' decision, not WBs, to patch the game.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

how on earth is this a buff? The character was meant to have an armored Dash Punch and a non-armored Overhead Dash Punch.

How it stands a bug fucks that up, so elmer is suggesting separating the specials to different inputs might be a fix and means he can still have his one armored HIGH, and his regular non-armored overhead dash punch separated from that, so that you know, he's still able to do the minor thing of actually being able to do his combos, that only stop working after he armors something

This is undeniably a fix not a buff
Yes it is a buff. The Overheard Dash Punch's input is B, F, 2, D, so by changing the input (let's say to DB2) you basically making the move easier to perform while there are other moves in the game with similar inputs as well, in which case all of those moves need to change their inputs, but then you need to think about how making all of those moves easier to perform will effect them in combos in such, in which case it will make them easier to use, essentially making them stronger. So not only that it is a buff, it is very selfish one at that, no offense. When NRS made all of the armored launchers in the game to either cost an extra resource or talking their armor/launching proprieties, they made it to all of them and not just a couple of them. Same with moves with an extra input for an extra version like Overhead Dash Punch.

NRS is but a daughter company of WB. At the end of the day it’s NRS' decision, not WBs, to patch the game.
Yes NRS is a daughter company of WB, which is why WB need to give them the green light to change something in the game. WB are the ones who give them the resources and time to make the games as well as to patch them. So if WB want them to focus only on IJ2, that's what NRS have to do. Of course that once NRS do get the green light, they can do whatever changes they want, but without the green light from WB, they can't change anything.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yes it is a buff. The Overheard Dash Punch's input is B, F, 2, D, so by changing the input (let's say to DB2) you basically making the move easier to perform while there are other moves in the game with similar inputs as well
that is so wrong, there is nothing difficult about pressing down after a BF2 input, it's even easier than his command grab inputs so if you can't do that you can't play the character anyway

you need to think about how making all of those moves easier to perform will effect them in combos in such, in which case it will make them easier to use, essentially making them stronger. So not only that it is a buff, it is very selfish one at that, no offense.
wow get out of here lol

if you are at a level where OHDP is a difficult input you should not be talking about balance at all. It's literally an input fix not a buff, and if something like this is having ANY impact on the outcome of your matches you are playing at the lowest level.

Nobody wants it changed because it's a "very selfish buff" lmfao. NRS tried to fit two specials on one input, which was fine when they were both armored, but now one is and one isn't and that doesn't work, so the characters fucked. Solution? Fix the bug. If this can't be done easily, simple solution? separate the inputs.

Roy Arkon

that is so wrong, there is nothing difficult about pressing down after a BF2 input, it's even easier than his command grab inputs so if you can't do that you can't play the character anyway

wow get out of here lol

if you are at a level where OHDP is a difficult input you should not be talking about balance at all. It's literally an input fix not a buff, and if something like this is having ANY impact on the outcome of your matches you are playing at the lowest level.

Nobody wants it changed because it's a "very selfish buff" lmfao. NRS tried to fit two specials on one input, which was fine when they were both armored, but now one is and one isn't and that doesn't work, so the characters fucked. Solution? Fix the bug. If this can't be done easily, simple solution? separate the inputs.
I'm not complaining about the input. Of course that you shouldn't complain about the input, that's not that much of an issue, but still making it easier to input is something can't be done just for that sake of supposedly fixing a bug that might or might not be fixes anyway, because you still making it easier. I myself play Reptile which he has the Klaw Pounce with B and F inputs extra for close and far versions and I'm not complaining, but if you would for example take the inputs for that move as well and change them, you making the close and far versions of the move easier to use, so you need to nerf them in another way. Same thing for the Dash Punch. Just because it is not an issue that doesn't mean it's still need to be done and can't create another problem by doing it, and it doesn't matter what's the actual reason you do it. Also for the record, I almost never use the far version of Reptile's Klaw Pounce that requires the extra F input, only the regular version or the close version with the B input, because those are the easier versions of the move, and I'm still playing on a very high level and not complaining. You don't have to use every single move or every single version of a move if just one or two of them don't fit to you and you can still play on a very high level. So stop saying I'm playing on the lowest level.

All I'm saying is that even if the whole reason is to fix a bug, which might or might not be fixed, this can create an unnecessary buff, that's it.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
HW is not unplayable I’ve said it before and will say it again

Run cancel combos with EX OHDP are still possible (and consistent) even with the run cancel changes. He’s a bad character in the game but really not that much worse than Pumped Up.
I want to see. I was told he's dead

Crusty

Yes NRS is a daughter company of WB, which is why WB need to give them the green light to change something in the game. WB are the ones who give them the resources and time to make the games as well as to patch them. So if WB want them to focus only on IJ2, that's what NRS have to do. Of course that once NRS do get the green light, they can do whatever changes they want, but without the green light from WB, they can't change anything.
They were the kind the hotfix things like sinestro’s pushblock bug half a year after the final patch. That was independent of money. They didn’t have to do it. Hell, the only people it bothered were the competitive scene, which was, and still is, less than a fraction of their market.

Expense is never a reason for them not to do it. Some complaints about character balance always seems to fall on deaf ears. They do things they want, granted within reason of the scene, but the decision is there because they want to make it not wb.

Roy Arkon

They were the kind the hotfix things like sinestro’s pushblock bug half a year after the final patch. That was independent of money. They didn’t have to do it. Hell, the only people it bothered were the competitive scene, which was, and still is, less than a fraction of their market.

Expense is never a reason for them not to do it. Some complaints about character balance always seems to fall on deaf ears. They do things they want, granted within reason of the scene, but the decision is there because they want to make it not wb.
Then maybe not changing the inputs of the move or not bringing back the armor is the right thing to do. I've already explained why changing the input isn't necesary, so there might ne another solution but they none of us don't what it is, nor them as well.

Roy Arkon

Changing an input to a move without changing its properties is NOT A BUFF. You'd have to be really dumb to say this.
Its not a buff in terms of properties but it is a buff in terms of execution. I've already exolained thst. You have to be dumb to not understand what I've meant. Also there is no point changing the inputs regardless.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Its not a buff in terms of properties but it is a buff in terms of execution. I've already exolained thst. You have to be dumb to not understand what I've meant. Also there is no point changing the inputs regardless.
Buff in terms of execution? What the fuck are you talking about? Because pressing 2 directional buttons is soooo much harder than pressing 3. Lord ur stupid xDDDD

Roy Arkon

Buff in terms of execution? What the fuck are you talking about? Because pressing 2 directional buttons is soooo much harder than pressing 3. Lord ur stupid xDDDD
Never said it was harder. Execution and accessability can be factors for a caharacter being good ir not. Yes there easy to usr chatacters that are nkt strong or that hard to use but very good, but these can be factors. So decreasing the execution of a chatacter even just by one move can be a buff, and it is true to a lot of fighting games. And pressing one extra button is not super duper hard but ut does require practice. You reducing the time required to practice a character, you buffing that character. Don't tell me you never saw inputs being changed for moves in balance patches, AKA buffs ans nerfs. On that same token it could have beeen something that is so much harder to perfrom and it would still be a buff, as buffs csn be big or small both for properties and execution.

So who is the stupid again? It is not me for sure.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Never said it was harder. Execution and accessability can be factors for a caharacter being good ir not. Yes there easy to usr chatacters that are nkt strong or that hard to use but very good, but these can be factors. So decreasing the execution of a chatacter even just by one move can be a buff, and it is true to a lot of fighting games. And pressing one extra button is not super duper hard but ut does require practice. You reducing the time required to practice a character, you buffing that character. Don't tell me you never saw inputs being changed for moves in balance patches, AKA buffs ans nerfs. On that same token it could have beeen something that is so much harder to perfrom and it would still be a buff, as buffs csn be big or small both for properties and execution.

So who is the stupid again? It is not me for sure.
It's definitely you who's being stupid, without a doubt.

This is a site dedicated to high level play. No one will end up struggling with inputs in the long run because people practice and actually learn how to press 3 buttons in quick succession.

Maybe it will be a buff for billybobswaggìns420 who can't do a command grab but for anyone whos semi decent, it's not a buff it's a fix.

If a fix doesn't change ANYTHING at all at high level, is it really a buff?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You know they have an entirely new game that came out that they are focusing on right? It's better too, you should go check it out. :)