What's new

NRS Info Dump: Character and Kameo Buffs, Takeda Playable at Evo, and More

CanoCano

Noob
I hope the D2 Jump Cancel buff is just making it meterless cause if people start hitting 60% off of a D2 it would be crazy cool to do or watch but also mad annoying to lose games to

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’ll reserve comment until after we see all of this in action. NRS does a lot of conditioning, and one of those is conditioning us to not have high expectations. Hope for the best, expect the mediocre. But I’d absolutely love to be proven wrong and be pleasantly surprised!

IamSub0

Noob Saibot
I haven't heard anyone really talking about him at all, but I hope Reiko gets some love. Just a bit of startup taken off his parry, or something to give him more ways to hang with the rest of the cast in terms of damage than just Tremor/Darrius setups.

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.
I haven't heard anyone really talking about him at all, but I hope Reiko gets some love. Just a bit of startup taken off his parry, or something to give him more ways to hang with the rest of the cast in terms of damage than just Tremor/Darrius setups.
Asking for Reiko buffs isn't allowed. Apparently our character has everything he could possibly ever need.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m keen on a new string from li mei. I wonder if this one will have an 8 frame gap in it…

Would be great if we got like a b2 extension that can actually launch +/- cancel into hitconfirmed special; and isn’t death on block.
We’ll see.

I’m keen to see Nitara, frost, and scorpion buffs. Maybe I’ll pick them up again…

curios if the rumours are true and KP2 is noob, cyrax, sektor (+ guests)

cyrax and sektor kameo already cover a lot of the moveset and NRS have shown to not repeat moves in kameos and base fighters, sooo... maby bring back human cyrax/sektor?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Very interested to see the Quan change. He's one of my favourite MK characters but can't quite gel with him in this game, hopefully the buff will change that.

Sektor is one of my favourite Kameos but the recharge time being so slow means I only play him using Sindel when I can use the recharge buffs, so looking forward to that.

Interested to see the Goro changes hopefully he won't just be up punch and thats it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
curios if the rumours are true and KP2 is noob, cyrax, sektor (+ guests)

cyrax and sektor kameo already cover a lot of the moveset and NRS have shown to not repeat moves in kameos and base fighters, sooo... maby bring back human cyrax/sektor?
They're 100% real. Cyrax and Sektor both have their full "grunt" audio tracks datamined,
they're both women now
, and while Noob doesn't have audio files out yet, he's mentioned a ton in the leaked dialogue files. Scorpion even has one that straight up says "Your new look matches the blackness of your heart"

Plop

Noob
The Goro buff has me most interested. What possible cancel options could he get off his ambush other than the stomp? Maybe the reason they've kept his cooldown so stupidly slow is cos they knew he mad some mad shit on the way

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The Goro buff has me most interested. What possible cancel options could he get off his ambush other than the stomp? Maybe the reason they've kept his cooldown so stupidly slow is cos they knew he mad some mad shit on the way
I'm guessing a punchwalk cancel. Spend extra Kameo meter to act while he's doing it

Plop

Noob
I'm guessing a punchwalk cancel. Spend extra Kameo meter to act while he's doing it
I thought that, as that's how it looked to work in the trailer, but at the same time I'm thinking Ed would have just said "New ambush move" like he did with Frost and Scorpion.

rifraf

Noob
Definitely some exciting news. New string launcher for Li Mei too? Sektor buffs? Sounds promising. We'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I thought that, as that's how it looked to work in the trailer, but at the same time I'm thinking Ed would have just said "New ambush move" like he did with Frost and Scorpion.
Nah I mean like I think its still gonna be a summon, but you can pay extra to cancel your character's wait animation

7horx

Noob
If the d2 launcher still costs 2 bars after the patch then it should give some invincibility frames (or super armor) after hit immadietaly. Expensive but good counter play against kano knives/stryker grenades unga-bunga type of gameplay. That's the buff I'd like to see.