What's new

NRS Info Dump: Character and Kameo Buffs, Takeda Playable at Evo, and More

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Aah I see what you mean. Like a Tremor, but not quite
Yeah it has me pretty excited just theory crafting. Like if you could end a juggle in the corner with a whiffed punchwalk, you then meaty them with a mid and now they're jailed into the rest of the punches, you get a grab right before Goro does his little uppercut and get an unblockable launcher :eek:

They're 100% real. Cyrax and Sektor both have their full "grunt" audio tracks datamined,
they're both women now
, and while Noob doesn't have audio files out yet, he's mentioned a ton in the leaked dialogue files. Scorpion even has one that straight up says "Your new look matches the blackness of your heart"
now thats interesting. but just as human form it will let NRS attach a differnet moveset.

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.
Why? The character speaks for itself, don't you think? What else do you think Reiko should have?
Reiko has:
Great mix
Good damage
Launching command grab
The best projectile in the game
Great range normals

There really isn’t much else you could ask for tbh. He’s a very complete character.

Where do you think he needs buffs?
Something to add some kameo variety to him. So maybe it would be less changes to him and more changes to some kameos so he's not seemingly pigeonholed into using the same two or three.

His base kit is fine, it just sucks it doesn't have much synergy with many kameos. If the kameo doesn't turn his command grab into a launcher, they are practically useless, Janet excluded.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Finally getting an ambush move for Frost is very exciting. I wonder if it's going to be a new move or just adding an ambush property to one of her existing moves.

Now, if they could please just add a Deadly Alliance costume for Frost, that would be great.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Is Erika Ishii a voice actress for MK? She was in a couple episodes of the Podcast "Hello from the Magic Tavern" which I like. I know nothing else about her, but she's funny.

CanoCano

Noob
Is Erika Ishii a voice actress for MK? She was in a couple episodes of the Podcast "Hello from the Magic Tavern" which I like. I know nothing else about her, but she's funny.
I don't think she's worked on anything MK, just a friend of Ed Boon, i mainly know her from Apex Legends and Monster Prom

I hope the D2 Jump Cancel buff is just making it meterless cause if people start hitting 60% off of a D2 it would be crazy cool to do or watch but also mad annoying to lose games to
A counter hit D2 for 2 bars should absolutely deal 60%.

And anyone got a summary for those of us unable to twitter?

CanoCano

Noob
A counter hit D2 for 2 bars should absolutely deal 60%.

And anyone got a summary for those of us unable to twitter?
TLDR: This will be a HUGE balance patch, with so many changes to characters and Kameos that Ed couldn't list all the characters that got changed in the thread (standouts are Nitara, Li Mei, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Frost, Scorpion Kameo, Sektor, Cyrax and Goro but other weaker characters got a passing mention later)
Takeda and Ferra will be playable at EVO as well, the EVO booths will have the updated build not the current one we have
Ed made a comment on how one of the poll results from last month surprised him, and said that MK12 is still one of the 20 best selling games as of May 2024

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Here's what I'd like to see:

• More (ambush) moves for kameos (confirmed)
  • Additional moves and strings for main roster characters (e.g. Bland-Zero)
  • Krushing Blows (limited, balanced)
  • Add everything available to the store at all times instead of nonsensical cycles. You want people to be able to always buy your shit, no?
  • No more Invasions
  • Get rid of slowdown "Finish Him/Her" prompt
  • Soften brutality requirements, especially when in juggle state where most brutals are impossible to do
  • Additional brutalities. MK11 had WAY more
  • Improved netcode
  • Updated UI
  • 60fps option for in-game cinematics (FB's, Fatalities, intro/outro's) for consoles
  • Skippable outro's
  • Additional classic stages
  • Price cuts for everything thats 1000 dragon crystals
  • In a perfect world and above everything else, a new game mechanic that adds to the game's depth. Preferably a counter-hit system where additional combos are possible

Something to add some kameo variety to him. So maybe it would be less changes to him and more changes to some kameos so he's not seemingly pigeonholed into using the same two or three.

His base kit is fine, it just sucks it doesn't have much synergy with many kameos. If the kameo doesn't turn his command grab into a launcher, they are practically useless, Janet excluded.
So he's dry.

That's a shame for him then.