What's new

NRS Announces Mortal Kombat XL *Trailer, Buying Options, Cover Art, Preorder Links & The Pit Info*

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I winder if you pre order the DLC would I still get them shitty Coldplay costumes?

Also how much was KP1?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This is my question, as well... will KP2 be released in weekly installments, or will we really have to wait until March 1st and get all characters.

I bet we'll find out tomorrow.
Would be a smart move from nrs to release them weekly, to better compete with the sf5 release.

So Will the XL pack be available at Triborg's release and will it allow to get him earlier then his separate release like kp did?!?!?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
That when it will be released with all DLC characters including Kombat Pack 2 (which by the way might happen to release all 4 characters at the same time on Match 1st, since it is listed under same date as XL in this picture), then if they happen to have some broken stuff, it won't be fixed? It's just that I don't remember MK Komplete Edition and Injustice Ultimate Edtion to recieve any balancing patches after these editions were released.

I do hope this time things will be done differently and last portion of DLC characters will get adjustments through several patches and not just one.

Also, here is what I was thinking recently. If Mortal Kombat XL is going to have new netkode right away, does it mean that Beta is going to last just 1 and half month? And how were they going to implement this stuff into complete version of the game if it is already has a certain release date? Does it mean that Enhanced Online was already done and this Beta exists only to prolong MKX's life till XL and KP2 releases? Or maybe MKXL is going to have a patch on release that adds all fixes to Enhanced Online they are going to make after Beta and responses? Or maybe Mortal Kombat XL might happen to be not a very complete edition and it will get further support and hopefully Kombat Pack 3?

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
So I noticed that WB/Boon posted a picture showing the details of the XL game, Pack, and KP2. The only date on this post was March 1st. Does that mean that the game, pack, and KP2 all become available on March 1st? If so, does this mean NRS is releasing all the characters from KP2 all at once?

Also, based off previous Boon tweets and lack of mention of The Pit and new Netkode, I'm wondering if they're going to make us purchase MKXL for them.

Your thoughts?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
99% sure you wont need to purchase MKXL for netcode or the pit, or they are truly souless. They would also get a lot of bad PR for that, not to mention the IT nightmare of managing two games (MKX and MKXL). MKXL is just a complete version.

The hope is that they will start releasing in February, but who knows. Wil probably find out of sunday

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
99% sure you wont need to purchase MKXL for netcode or the pit, or they are truly souless. They would also get a lot of bad PR for that, not to mention the IT nightmare of managing two games (MKX and MKXL). MKXL is just a complete version.

The hope is that they will start releasing in February, but who knows. Wil probably find out of sunday
Characters were made available to KP owners the Tuesday following a Kombat Kast, so I'm hoping that will be the case with KP2. However, if the XL edition game has all KP1 and 2 characters, they would need to drop 1 character a week starting next week in order to have them out before MKXL drops. This will be interesting.

Dabluprint4

eh....
Characters were made available to KP owners the Tuesday following a Kombat Kast, so I'm hoping that will be the case with KP2. However, if the XL edition game has all KP1 and 2 characters, they would need to drop 1 character a week starting next week in order to have them out before MKXL drops. This will be interesting.
Since they are releasing MKXL, they are going to release every character at once on March 1st. Doesn't make any sense to release one character a week.