What's new

NRS Announces Mortal Kombat XL *Trailer, Buying Options, Cover Art, Preorder Links & The Pit Info*

Dabluprint4

eh....
What makes you so certain?
Think about it, If they were going to release the characters individually then they would've just announced KP2. They announced MKXL and in this game comes everything MKX has to offer plus the new stuff. If they were doing them individually they would not have shown gameplay for each character in one trailer. Just my opinion.. MKXL releases in March and the month of January is almost over.. just doesnt seem logical to release one character a week. Might as well just release them all at once.

E

Eldriken

What makes you so certain?
Well, releasing MKXL on March 1st while advertising it contains every single DLC character in the game and then making people who buy it WAIT until they decide to release the new characters would be really, really stupid. People would be up in arms about false advertisement.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Well, releasing MKXL on March 1st while advertising it contains every single DLC character in the game and then making people who buy it WAIT until they decide to release the new characters would be really, really stupid. People would be up in arms about false advertisement.

Yes agreed, but thats not what I was referencing. I was talking about all on march 1st vs one per week in February followed by package release March 1st.

Now that I think about it you are probably right otherwise we would be able to purchase KP2 now. I still have hope they might release 1 per week in February. In previous kombat pack they did the stream, followed by character release following week. Sunday will be triborg stream.

I just dont think it should be ruled out.

E

Eldriken

Yes agreed, but thats not what I was referencing. I was talking about all on march 1st vs one per week in February followed by package release March 1st.

Now that I think about it you are probably right otherwise we would be able to purchase KP2 now. I still have hope they might release 1 per week in February. In previous kombat pack they did the stream, followed by character release following week. Sunday will be triborg stream.

I just dont think it should be ruled out.
I think it's gonna all be available on March 1st and not before then. They have MKXL, the XL Pack and Kombat Pack 2 all listed as available starting March 1st.

But you never know, they might surprise us.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I think it's gonna all be available on March 1st and not before then. They have MKXL, the XL Pack and Kombat Pack 2 all listed as available starting March 1st.

A man can hope. It's only one month anyway and I get my sweet summer child cyrax back so I dont care that much either way.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Awesome, so apparently we get several costumes packs and ALL the DLC for under 30 bucks along with the free pit with stage fatality/brutality? That's a bargain. I remember reading people were figuring about 30-40. hehe

I also love how NRS gives us options, good job guys! I'll probably buy the KP2 and XL(to add to my kollection!) :D Very happy and surprised of the prices right now. Though for those here who have Amazon prime, you can get MKXL for 47 bucks. though I wouldn't be surprised if few others and GC try to justify how it should be cheaper or something....

Semantics on TYM...

I am only saying what the cover art states, I didn't say that the new online was XL exclusive.

The point still stands, if you don't want something, don't buy it, you are not forced to, and you are not entitled to anything.
Yes! This x a million! There is hope afterall! lol I'm glad i'm not the only person who feels this way, you and @trufenix , myself, few others seem to be setting the record straight with this. Nobody is entitled or owed anything, yet some people feel it it's like "I'm buying your game, so you have to do what I say, what I want!!" lol I'm like uhh no, the world and industry doesn't work that way. By this logic, every car someone buys should magically fly if they want it to? I mean come on...Now some are apparently bitching over the "no tremor, no Bo or Tanya on the cover" like really? This is so trivial it's laughable, especially if they wind up being on the back it'll be even funnier. Not that I care, I'm surprised the Scorp fans aren't complaining "why Sub on the cover!!" I mean it's not like Scorp kills Sub in every trailer or promo now days...

I am not a Sub-Zero player by any means, but I do like the cover. The DLC on the bottom I couldn't care less about, like we all know who's DLC for KP1 and 2, who cares if Bo is ripping Tanya's head off on the bottom, you know? lol

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
does anyone know when the XL PAck will be available for a preorder if it is?

and when are we getting another BETA Character Drop besides the 4 currently available?

All the KP2 characters will be available on March 1st.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Looks like you were right! :)so much for the "NRS will charge us for the pit, charge us for netcode update it's going to be MKXL only I bet " :D:p

Man we should have bet money on that dude! lol

Apparently Boon doesn't always troll people.

Hi guys, I'm a bit confused as to the mkxl that's coming out March 1st. I own mkx and I'll be getting XL but how will that work? I mean I'll download it from PSN obviously but will all the features be added to the physical disk? Like what if I buy a new ps4 can I just put in my updates mkxl disc and it'll be there? Or how does this work? Thanks.

kantboy-2

Ripper
If you already have mkx but not the kombat pack, then just buy the XL pack for PS4. If you have the KP1 then only buy the KP2.

If you want to buy a new PS4 and play XL in both systems, then buy the XL disc. If you download digital it's just for that one machine.

Does anyone know how I can pre-order the "XL pack" on PS4? I see an option for "KP2" and I also see the actual pre-order for MK XL, but I do not see the pre-order for the "XL pack".