What's new

Note to Event Organizers (desync)

Hey guys.. I know this is a obvious thing to suggesting and maybe you already do it.. but can't you put a big sign onto of the PlayStation that says "DESYNC CONTROLLERS" or something like that. Maybe a sign that sticks up from the monitor.

I know the "well it is so easy just get used to it" ... but you know what? It doesn't matter. This will happen for ever, it is just one more thing to go wrong and it always will now and then. Saying it is easy to stop, doesn't help.

Still I think all you need to do is get some cardbord.. cut into a long strip (for stability) fold it into a tent and write on it in big black marker.. "DESYNC CONTROLLERS" and place it ON the PlayStation. Every player would have to see it when they plug their shit in.

Problem solved.. or at least reduced!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It just doesn't make sense. It's like people don't care that their own match can get screwed up. TOs are going to need signs on the monitors, PS4s, Seats, Stream/Commentary Station, Registration Table, In the audience, in the hotel rooms, in the Mcdonalds down the street, and in the ads on stream for people not to fuck this up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Smart people sometimes forget really obvious things, that's all. Like using a semicolon instead of an apostrophe in the word "won't".
That was an obvious typo.

And I don't care how smart you are, if you cant remember something that a TO tells you to do 20 freaking times you aren't that smart. Speaking from TO perspective here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't understand why you wouldn't check before your match if all devices are disconnected. It takes like 10 seconds and could be the differences between winning and losing. Sure, desync after your match, but you can't account for other people, so always check BEFORE the match.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I liked @Shock 's analogy of flushing the toilet.

I was just being cheeky @Zoidberg747 and @Juggs . I'm in complete agreement.
I like that analogy too. Because does anyone really use a toilet without looking in it first to make sure they don't need to flush it? Or to make sure there's not a snake or something in there?

Also, I know the analogy is more of "flush the toilet out of courtesy of others, and you'd want them to flush too". But it fits all the way around, great analogy... lol.

And I know you were joking. :p