What's new

Breakthrough - Kung Lao Not Tempest? Fighting Ermac? MK3 Costume is best...kinda

Soooooooo when playing against Ermac as Kung Lao....11212~spin whiffs midscreen. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The spin just doesn't hit him. Try it yourself, doesn't work. UNLESS you're wearing the MK3 skin. For god knows what reason MK3 Lao's spin has a bigger hitbox (or the hit reaction from 11212 is different for MK3 Lao or some other explanation) so it's the only costume where 11212~spin will successfully connect midscreen against Ermac. What's even more stupid is that Ermac is the ONLY character affected by this, it even hits on females! Wtf?!

So not only is it costume specific but it only affects ONE character. *sigh* I really hope this gets fixed, it affects Buzz Saws and Hat Trick mains more though since it's their meterless punisher. Here's a sad video of it in action:

@Eddy Wang
@Tweedy
@The PantyChrist
@I GOT HANDS
@A F0xy Grampa
@Big Pampering
@ROG Moonspell
@ETC Mcfly
@just_2swift

@Konqrr can we get lao a mini popup for TE off this? LOL HP LP HP LP F-D-F-Run?

MK_Al

Noob
Nope it's not stance specific, I show that in the video. I do it the first time with both facing the camera then the next one is with Lao facing away :p Were you maybe playing Tempest and just used 11212~hat spin instead?
I seriously wonder how I missed this, Seems like i'm a bit over worked lately :)

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Someone needs to make a video showing how Samurai Shinnok just defies the law of MKX

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I Wonder What else has do be discovered, how nasty the bug has to be in order to change something about KL for better. When is the line where they say "Okay, we need to do something about this variation/character cause this ain't good guys". What is the policy, the code of fix/buff/Nerf of normalize ...I Wonder. This question keeps popoin' in my head over and over.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I Wonder What else has do be discovered, how nasty the bug has to be in order to change something about KL for better. When is the line where they say "Okay, we need to do something about this variation/character cause this ain't good guys". What is the policy, the code of fix/buff/Nerf of normalize ...I Wonder. This question keeps popoin' in my head over and over.
It's the paradox of the variation not being played in tournament because it's not good enough so it's not played in tournament because it needs buffed/fixed so it's not played...

But clearly they're too busy buffing Kitana. Or Cutthroat, Quan, D'Vorah, Impostor, Tempest...the fact I can even list that many already solid characters/variations that got BUFFED is a disgrace.

Youphemism

WELP

Turns out it's not just specific to one character and costume, it's now one character and DOUBLE costume specific! Even if you're wearing the MK3 skin 11212~spin will still whiff midscreen on Klassic Ermac! Thanks to @STRYKIE for the heads up

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
They better fix this entire bull shit across the board if NRS wants MK to recognized as real FG. I can't believe that with all money and people's hard work on both sides that was put together, all that love is taken for granted...

So at the end of the day we get MK9 ver. 2.0 . I know it's not half as bad as MK9 but come on! What difference dose it make ?

People who spend hours and hours, I traveled a lot.....I've spent so much money going after MK that I don't even start to count in the past 5 years. I traveled, We traveled because we loved the game regardless. But how about new comers ? How about players from different games wanna get into the game without the love we have, how would they feel knowing shortly that the designer left the game unfinished! Game designers, they keep fucking something up , but they are patching it...they simply fix it as much as they can. What are they ? Boon and the crew ? Are stupid, retarded or simply they don't give a shit about the people who not only play the game, but sacrifice their own time, making videos, show off bugs. Those errors, that are literally served on silver platter. This is pissing me off because I can't play the game the way I want , and it's not that am retarded but because I go with wrong selection screen. I am not only going against my opponent but I have keep in mind the fucked game or character mechanics...

Okay, am done !

Youphemism

I'm still mad because this is a matchup I'll be playing more regularly in the future so I NEED this to be fixed so that I can't be counterpicked by fucking costume. Can we at least get some acknowledgement of the problem? #BibleThump
Wait I tried Buzzsaw's spin and it never whiffs, regardless of costumes (I picked default, pharaoh and classic Ermac). Hat trick worst in the game confirmed
Uh no 11212~spin still whiffs on Pharaoh.

Wigy

There it is...
So much depth. I hope MK11 really expands on this. No more scrubby universal punishes.

-Block move that's -15.

-Assess whether opponent is male/female/trans.

-Assess if standing/ducking/in between

-Assess which costume and color opponent is wearing

-Assess if opponent was hit during inhale or exhale

-Punish accordingly

If you can't do that, no soup for you.
Don't forget genderfluid

Lokheit

Noob
2... D... Hitboxes...

I know I can attach them to the 3D models so I'm sure NRS programmers can. 2D hitboxes and "forced position frame" after launchers would fix almost every bug this game has.

Youphemism

Updated the OP with the combinations of costumes and the outcomes of 11212~spin with each one for all the costumes I have just now.

SIGH

Only TWO of the possible SIXTEEN combinations I've listed give you a consistent bnb. TWO. Why?!